Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Good Morning Friends, Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  Our streak of 100 plus degree days ended, it was only 99 on Friday.  The previous is already back with us over 100 for the next several weeks.  

Sammy, continued prayers as your sweet family gets ready for the surgery, sounds like you have everything in order the very best you can.  As you said, your family has been through it all and this will be another to conquor as scary as it is.  Feel our continued prayers each day.

Have the best week possible friends.

Honored Contributor

I want to wish all of our Schmoo family a blessed week, with positive energy. 

We had a heavenly surprise this morning, with cooler temperatures, and a gentle rainfall.  The air smelled wonderful. 

Frankie ladybug, I hope you are feeling well, sweet kitty. 

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings Schmoosters!

All hail felines -- it is International Cat Day!

Frankie makes you sit up and take notice while supervising DH in the home office, including a closeup of her royal pink toes:

Frankie supervision August 2022 SZD.jpg

Frankie supervising toes August 2022 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie Beauty Queen,

I hope you had a fabulous weekend & had loads of conversations with your critter friends.

(P.S.  Frankie, you're supposed to be awake while supervising .. no sleeping on the job.  Cat Wink Heart)  On second thought, you're so beautiful, you can get away with anything.  You go Girl with your adorable pink toes.!  Tonight, I wish you pleasant & calm dreams.)  

Trusted Contributor

Oh those sweet toes are just about the cutest.  She looks very content and comfy cozy, perfectly fitting for this special girl.

Have a great day friends.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Oh those sweet toes are just about the cutest.  She looks very content and comfy cozy, perfectly fitting for this special girl.

Have a great day friends.

@Shop Till you Drop ,

Oh, I agree. Those toes are the sweetest. Shop, we finally got two beautiful rainstorms this week.  It smells so good. There is just nothing to compare. 

I hope you are having a good week. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Just a quick note, friends, to let you know that DH's surgery has changed to Sept. 20. The surgeon's schedule had to change. It's just as well--my father is having struggles on his new medication and Frankie continues to lose weight.

I'll keep you up to date!  Thanks for your continued support of our family.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Circumstances change as the weather does.  I guess in one way it's good so you can assist your dad; on the other hand, your DH could be having his surgery sooner & on his way to healing.  Poor Sweet Frankie, I hope her weight isn't going down too much.  Another struggle she doesn't need.

Was your friend, the Kitty Sitter, able to visit as originally planned?  I truly hope her Pooh Bear has recovered.

Sammy, DH & Sweet Frankie, I'm sending hugs & Blessings your way.  I wish you all the best.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  My thoughts and way of looking at things is that old saying  "Everything happens for a reason".  I think when this happens, although frustrating, I think it is to our advantage although we may never know why. 💗🙏🏻💗

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters--

Thanks for your words of wisdom on the move of DH's surgery. It's just that he had himself psyched up for it, and he's in pain, that we both looked forward to him getting out of pain and starting the road to recovery.

Frankie is losing some more weight and having a weird thing where she eats a little then goes under the bed. Then she comes out and repeats the procedure. We gave her the cerenia injection each time it happened but it's something cyclical that we can't readily figure out. We put it in her most excellent vet's hands to see what he thinks.

In the meantime, she's alternately snoozing and looking out her back window at the bunnies she'd love to lure in for a "snack:"

Frankie cat rug 1 SZD.jpg