Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@CamilleP wrote:

@Sammycat1   I thought she was taking ursodiiol (actigall) but I wasn't sure I remembered right, so I figured better ask and be sure.  I've recently begun using a different liver supplement for my Scottie, who has had rising liver enzymes for a very long time and has just recently "tipped over" into diagnosable Cushing's Disease.   It's called Avmacoll, they make a human version as well as a pet version.  I don't know if your vet would approve, but you can print off the info from the website to run by him, maybe it would help?  Dealing with feline Triad Syndrome is different than canine liver dissease, I know, but I want to share everything I can think of that might help at all with other pet lovers dealing with their pets' illnesses.

@CamilleP 

Thank you! Every scrap of info helps! Her cardiomyopathy doesn't help.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Greetings, Schmoo family!

Our town's bustling again with more visitors as we get closer to the anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg.

Frankie is holding her own. Her most excellent vet checks in with her every day, and is consulting with the veterinary radiologist on what tests to perform next. If they don't have clinical value and/or end in her needing surgery, there's no point doing them, as her cardiomyopathy precludes surgical treatment. So we'll see.

In the meantime, she spends mealtimes with her most favorite person in the world, DH. The depth of love often comes down to the tiniest, but mightiest, of gestures:

Frankie Daddy and daughter dinner SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1   So glad to hear that Frankie is holding her own right now, blessings for you all!

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Frankie's getting pounded by thunderstorms!  We don't need the rain and I'm sure there are many of you who could use it.

She's sending me out to get a cortisone shot into my ankle, which is blown up like a balloon and painful.  I've got tours to give, and Frankie wants me to give them! She's a tough taskmaster.

Although I will not be permitted to take a new photo today, she'll allow the posting of her kitty sister Fay Wray, who we lost three years ago this Sunday. She was a beautiful girl and a pistol who we lovingly called "Princess Ubu, Queen of Hearts:"

Fay Wray peeking.jpg

Honored Contributor

In remembrance of Fay Wray. Heart She was a beautiful kitty. We miss you.

Fay Wray peeking.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters on this damp, uncharacteristically cool weather in Frankie Town.

@Tissyanne  thank you for your kind sentiments on Fay Wray. We miss her terribly.

@sceniccoast @TrafficDiva @newtoallthis  How are your kitties?  How are you?

@CamilleP  Haven't heard from Frankie's vet yet about the supplement you mentioned. He's up to his eyeballs in surgery. She still continues to be stable.

@Shop Till you Drop  I hope the heat is abating a little for you and Katy. I know how her evening walks are not her favorite.

Frankie was a little unnerved because I had a cortisone shot into the ankle that will be replaced later this year. Let's just say for about 6 hours it hurt like a b*tch, and although I tried to hide my pain, she sensed it. I felt badly--I don't want to stress her out.

As a result, she made a statement in her dinner dish. It needs no interpretation:

Frankie food statement eyes SZD.jpg

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greetings to all in Schmooville! I hope everyone - humans and furbabies -  is feeling well.

My tuxedos are hanging in there - Vanilla has decided she has had enough of taking her medicine so she hides in her cat pedestal every morning. DH gives her the meds later on in the day and makes sure she is rewarded with treats.

Murphy has had litter box issues but we are trying to adapt. We think she may have a touch of arthritis - either that or she's gotten too big to fit in the box. So we have taken the cover off. That has helped but she still has an accident once in a while - oddly enough when the boxes are clean. She's a pip. We've put pads on the floor around the box - she's made use of them once already but so far so good.

Moxie is getting less timid. I think it's because we keep feeding her and keeping Murphy away from her dish. I notice less bullying from Murphy.

Work has been very challenging at the grocery store. I finally have someone to help but she works long hours between two stores. I hope she can hang in for a while. I like working with her.

So glad to hear that Miss Frankie is stable. I remember Fay Wray - she was a beautiful girl.

Stay well all and have a great weekend!

Love TrafficDiva

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 ,

I hope your ankle is much better now. I am sorry you have to deal with that, especially with your work. 

I love the way Frankie ladybug speaks through her food, and dish. 

We had 100 heat today, with rain chances Sunday through Wednesday. I sure hope we get some. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Sammy, I hate that your ankle is bothering you, I hope the shot helps.  So glad to hear sweet Frankie is holding her own and doing her very best possible.

We are sweltering in this heat.  Miss Katy hs been in a bad mood for over a week because I have been protecting her little paws.  I dont let her walk on the patio until night fall,she isnt a fan of being carried to the grass.

@Tissyanne Hi sweet Tissy,  I hope you get some rain!! we are dry as a chip.  I am feeling anxious about  the July 4th actvities, a firecracker pop in the wrong place could be so dangerous to our neighborhoods..

Take good care friends..

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop ,

Our cool front is suppose to come in tonight, and the forecast gives us a good rain chance especially for Monday, our temps should be in the 80s for a few days. 

Miss Katy sounds like a little handful. I know what you mean about the fireworks. We are so dry, and any sparks could be a tragedy.

Take good care, my sweet friend.