Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

My goodness, Miss Francesca, what a powerful message you've sent to anyone who might wish America harm!  Thank you!

And @Sammycat1 I am sorry I've been AWOL for so long, I was only just tonight able to sign into the forum again after what felt like weeks!  It was probably only days, I am sure, but I was fighting the same issue so many posters were facing, where signing into the forum would take us to the homepage and leave us logged into our account instead, so we could check our order status, but not reply to a post!  Sheesh!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, I hope eveyone had a nice 4th of July celebration.  I found out Katy does not like fireworks, we will have to work on that fear, poor little thing. 

Sammy, I am so happy to hear Miss Frankie is doing her best possible!  Hope both yours and DH's backs are feeling better.

Friends, have the best week possible.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:   Greetings, Schmoosters! Glad you enjoyed Frankie's bowl motif for the Fourth--and glad everyone's pets made it through the fireworks.

@newtoallthis  I wish I looked as good in that July 4th outfit as Sugar the dog does, lol.  @CamilleP  no apologies for not participating. Everyone's having trouble logging in lately.

To all checking in on Frankie, thank you. This new insulin she is on has reduced her drinking and voracious appetite, thankfully. Her weight loss continues slow and steady, and that's good for her joints. Her most excellent vet continues to check in on her almost every day, even as he heals.

She wants to show you her opinion of kids playing with sparklers near our front yard. In the photo below, you should able to see a red bowl propped up against the window screen. That's how DH sets her up to dine "al fresco."

She got mad, though, when the sparkler action started. It ruined the quiet garden atmosphere right outside her window, so she hit the bricks and relocated. Note her stylish steps:

Frankie step down SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

First, how're you feeling?  Glad to see Sweet Frankie's health is improving.  You & DH, & of course, her Most Excelleng Vet, all deserve "pats on the back."

Sweet Frankie:  The kids have a lot of nerve interrupting your meal.  Hope you gave them the "what for."  Enjoy your day & hopefully, you'll be able to converse with your critter friends.  Stay well Precious Little Angel Girl.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Hello Schmoo Family!

@sceniccoast  I'm hanging in there. The extreme heat/humidity are not fun to deal with but I'm fortunate to have DH, who knows I'm a wet noodle when I get home from work. He's always at the ready with a fresh change of clothes after I shower and gets take-out if I'm too beat to cook. That's been the case these last two weeks, but I'm still rolling. I love what I do.

Frankie, she's not so impressed!  The other night, DH said to her, "Frankie, your fans would like a new photo of you!"  He interrupted her sleeping to ask her, though.

No wonder he got the look below. A girl's beauty sleep is sacred:

Frankie ticked SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness, our girl looks like really? You woke me for this!  But it doesnt matter, she is always a beauty.  Hope eveyone has had a nice weekend.  We got rain and a liitle cooler temps, its mid July and we had not had a 100 degree day yet, that is just not right!!! But I will take it.

Have a great week friends..

Super Contributor

Hope all is well with Sammycat, DH and Frankie. We haven't heard from her for a few days. Prayers that everyone is OK.

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters! 

Sorry to cause concern.  Working in severe heat and humidity isn't the lark it used to be 20 years ago, so I'm just behind.  Frankie kicked me in the butt today, though, and made me come here to write about her before I jump in the shower (shower #2 of 3 today).

She's doing pretty well.  We had a big hubbub because this past Saturday we were supposed to have our driveway patched and sealed, but the weather didn't cooperate at the last minute--so a bunch of calls back and forth to try again this Saturday.

Plus, Frankie's most excellent vet would like her to get a blood draw and urinalysis and that has to be timed precisely on this coming Friday...also her prescription dietary food is out, everywhere in the U.S.  We're hoping she'll eat prescription rabbit.

When it gets to be too much, she just zonks out and hangs her head over the edge of her office desktop boodie bed, as evidence below. We call this "bonking:"

Frankie bonking SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Glad to hear you're feeling better.  That "dang" weather struck again in your neck of the woods.  We're on our 3rd week of mostly rain.  It's difficult to plan anything these days.  Wish we could share it with the Western US & I believe the Heartland as well.  The poor farmers in those areas must be so worried & also the water shortage for all needs.

I can't believe the whole country is out of Sweet Frankie's prescription food.  Wonder what the cause is?  Good luck with the rabbit food.  I hope you can purchase it locally.

Sweet Frankie, I love your new photo.  (as I do all of them.)  Hopefully, this weather isn't affecting your arthritis.  We wish you sweet & calm dreams & sending you loads of (((comfort hugs.)))   Heart

Honored Contributor

Hello Schmoo family. I hope you all had a good weekend. Sammycat, I hope Frankie will eat something, while you work on getting her regular food.

We have had some heavenly rain, and it has been wonderful. You all enjoy this week.