Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Oh @Sammycat1 , how can it have been two years already?  I know well how these anniversaries hurt, sending hugs to you, dear lady!

Regular Contributor

@Sammycat1- Bridge anniversaries are so tough. Fay Wray was such a beautiful girl - may you have many happy memories of her.  Sending you hugs.

Love, TrafficDiva

Regular Contributor

Lucy 8-4-2019.jpg

Good morning all - as promised, here is Lucy a/k/a The Piece of Work. Her original owner lived a block away from us and passed away. The family didn't know what to do with her so we took her in - a couple of months after our Tabbykins crossed the bridge. She is a daddy's girl who has to have her lick of butter with his breakfast and her lick of mayonnaise with his lunch. And, DH is forbidden to read the paper because that is where she has to lay down. She follows DH all over the house.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and is safe and secure from any extreme weather you're experiencing.

Love, TrafficDiva

Honored Contributor

@TrafficDiva   Lucy is beautiful!  She looks very suspicious of having her picture made!  Thanks for posting the picture.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:   Hello, Schmoosters!

@TrafficDiva  thanks for a look at the beautiful Lucy. Frankie is a Daddy's girl too!

@CamilleP @sceniccoast @beastielove  thanks for your kind words on Fay Wray. You're right, the anniversary of the days they leave us are haunting.

Frankie is going to the vet tomorrow. She went into her tunnel this afternoon and had soft stools for the first time in 9-10 months. Her vet is directing all from home and I've cleared my schedule tomorrow to take her in because DH's back is still out.

Please say a little prayer for her. She doesn't have a fever, thank goodness:

Frankie snoozing.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @Sammycat1 .  I'll be thinking about you and Frankie tomorrow.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Please wish your DH our best thoughts for him to feel better soon.

I'm sorry Sweet Frankie needs to head to the vet again.  Hopefully, it won't be serious & can be treated with good results.  Sweet Frankie:  good luck tomorrow & we send you our Blessings & many (((comfort hugs.)))  Rest up good & sweet & calming dreams tonight.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Praying that nothing is going seriously wrong for poor Frankie, @Sammycat1 !  My little old Cairn Terrier has been having similar problems, and has been tentatively diagnosed with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.  I recently got prescription digestive enzymes for him from his vet, and the package actually mentioned a doseage for cats.  I didn't know cats got EPI, has that been ruled out in Frankie's case?  Just shotgunning, trying to think of something that might help.....

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!

@CamilleP @sceniccoast @NickNack  thanks for your positive thoughts on Frankie. She's had pancreatitits a few times and has triaditis, CamilleP, but not EPI. She doesn't have the symptoms for that now, either. But that's for right now! Who knows what the future brings for the Frankster?

She was supremely aggravated at the animal hospital this morning. Physical exam, good.  Blood work:  going out, including fructosamine (kitty A1C). Temp up a little but she was very agitated (they are short staffed with Frankie's most excellent vet out, recuperating from hip surgery--so the place was a little frenetic).

We'll know more tomorrow. It's hotter and more humid than anyone would like, including her.  Although she does enjoy an evening peek out her window toward her St. Francis fountain:

Frankie round carpet fort SZD.jpg