Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@TrafficDiva , 

I am glad Vanilla is feeling better. Bless her heart. 

She is lovely, and I enjoyed her pictures.

Prayers for her. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for the Vanilla love! We all appreciate it very much!

She is holding her own thank goodness. She sits and waits for her medicine but puts up a fight when DH gives it to her. I wrap her up in a towel and call her my little burrito while I hold her. We found that putting some water in an applicator and giving it to Vanilla right after her medicine seems to help - although I get a mini-shower.

Vanilla came to us 15 years ago and had her kittens in a disabled car we once had. She actually belonged to a neighbor one block over from us but the neighbor didn't want to take responsibility. We had just lost one of our cats that lived in our garage and the remaining one was all by himself, so Vanilla and her crew were the answer to a prayer. They kept Cheeseball company until he crossed the bridge. They all came upstairs when we lost Cupcake at age 21.

We also have our cat Lucy, who I have nicknamed our Piece of Work. She's a character.  I'll post a picture at some point.

Everyone stay well and safe - have a nice weekend!

Love, TrafficDiva

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie, you're certainly a cutie, Miss Huntress!  How dare that mouse enter your mini forest.

@Sammycat1 Comical way to describe heat & humidity.  We woke up this morning to rain (not at all in the forecast) & chilly.  Past couple of days have been nice, not to hot & no humidity.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:   Hello, Schmoosters!

@TrafficDiva  I am so glad that Vanilla is holding her own. Our prayers for her continue nonstop.

Frankie is glad you all enjoyed her "huntress" photo while after that pesky gray field mouse. He was a whopper--bigger than that one she "gummed" to death last year a month after her full-mouth tooth extraction surgery.  She would have had to gut this big one a few times with her claws, then gum his head to achieve predatory victory!

Today is the beginning of a heat and humidity wave--of course I'll be ramping up my activities on the battlefield as we head into the anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg.

Frankie will NOT be in this heat wave, but in the air conditioned comfort of her  home. Today she requests I show you my most recent cat-themed tumblers, centered of course on her gray coat and pink nosey and paw pads.  Note the sparkles and cat "ears" on the tumbler on the right, and of course, her likeness on the tumbler on the left:

Frankie cups SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

That's a wonderful story of how Vanilla came to you @TrafficDiva .  I'm glad she's holding her own for now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@TrafficDiva 

What a beautiful little family you have!  I have a soft spot in my heart for black and white tuxedos.❤️

Respected Contributor

Well, Sweet Frankie, you've gained popularity with people trying to imitate you with their tumblers!  

Maybe you'll see your foe, the mouse, return this weekend.  If it does appear, go into full battle mode  Cat LOL

My 2 girls & I wish you a relaxing weekend & calm & peaceful dreams Sweet Little Angel Girl.

@Sammycat1 We'll be joining you with the heat & humidity, we're expecting 90s & rain later in the week.  I can't function in the humidity so I wish you all the best while guiding your tourists.

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!

Today, a tribute to our beloved Fay Wray, who we lost 2 years ago today:  sweetly stubborn, wise, lovely, patient, accepting, fearless.

We miss you, girl, more than you can dream:

Fay Wray cat tree resized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Saturday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!

Today, a tribute to our beloved Fay Wray, who we lost 2 years ago today:  sweetly stubborn, wise, lovely, patient, accepting, fearless.

We miss you, girl, more than you can dream:

Fay Wray cat tree resized.jpg

@Sammycat1 

This was always my most favorite

photo of your beautiful girl.I hope

that you and DH can find comfort

in the fact that even though you can

no longer see her,Fay Wray's loving

presence is still surrounding the both

of you 24/7.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Sweet Fay Wray, I miss you also.  You were quite the beauty.  I know you're happy at The Bridge.  Bless you Sweet Angel Girl.  Heart

@Sammycat1 Thank you for posting this tribute to Sweet Fay Wray.