Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:   Greetings this overcast, muggy day in Schmooville!

@geezerette  You will have to keep us posted on the "United Kitty and Puppy Nations" that is going on in your home as your two cats adjust to each other.  Smiley Happy

Sometimes we think Frankie would be happy with a housemate, but we know that would be a bad mistake. She has too many health problems.  But that's OK--she is enjoying being the only feline Queen of the Household.

Here she is, playing more and more, even as she tapers down to her original low maintenance dose of prednisolone.  The test will be this coming week when she goes down to that low dose.  She's still yawning a little too much (sign of mouth and throat pain in her with the stomatitis) still, but it's better than it was.

In the meantime, she's giving a creature on her wand the throttling of its life with DH assisting her:

Frankie recovering Daddy SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie,

It's good to see you playing with your loving Dad.  Hope you have calming & peaceful dreams tonight Precious Little Angel Girl.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning Friends,  Hope everyone had a nice weekend and is gearing up for a good week.  Well it finally happened.  The rain stopped and hot temps hit North TX. , its only about time.  Katy and I soaked up the sun this weekend, but I think she was a bit confused by the radiating 98 degrees and the celebration of her 1 Year old birthday!  She certainly did not enjoy her birthday song, but I sung to her many times and and she had a million hugs and kisses.  I also shared memories with her of my precious boys.  Joey went to Heaven on June 5th, doesnt seem possible both my boys have been gone over a year now.  

Sweet Frankie,  you have a good week little one.

Hugs Friends..

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:   Greetings from a hot and humid day in Schmooville!  Frankie, of course, is in the air conditioning, as she should be.

@Shop Till you Drop  I know you miss those Double J's. They're forever with you and certainly memorialized here in all their glory. We're glad you and Katy had a nice birthday celebration.

@sceniccoast  Thanks for your always kind words for our Frankie. She was a stinker last night, keeping us up all night!  Sometimes this happens--she gets the lonelies.

Today she was at the helm again with DH when I was on the battlefield, and now she supervises us both.  She's dodging the camera again so I took a photo of a cool potholder made by an artist on Etsy.  Do the cats on there look like anyone in particular? Like a cat whose name began with an "S" and ended in "o"?

Frankie potholder.jpg

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Well, your Sweet "stinker" had company with my 2 "stinkers" the past 3 nights!  Wonder if they all were sending each other a virtual conspiracy against their kitty parents??

I was supposed to go to NY on Sunday for a family event.  I ended up cancelling at the last minute due to my 2 girls keeping us awake the previous 2 nights.  I was just exhausted & was in no mood for socializing & 5 hrs. drive (both ways.)  They were "stinkers" last night also but not as bad.  Their elder years are not being kind to them & therefore, us!  Lets hope we get a good night's sleep tonight.  

Sweet Frankie, it's ok to be shy from the camera from time to time, but please not for very long.  Be kind to yourself & your loving parents & get plenty of rest tonight.  Sweet dreams you adorable girl.  (((hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:   Frankie kicked me out of the house the last two days to give battlefield tours.  She has financial needs!

She's now back down to her regular dosing of prednisolone. We're holding our breath that the higher doses she took temporarily shocked the inflammation right out of her throat.

After all, she has a lot to do:  people to supervise while looking out at her front window, bunnies to roar at, birds to chatter pointedly too.  She's a very busy girl:

Frankie at window SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Sweet Frankie, You just keep on doing what your are doing! You are the very best at your job, take good care little one.

Regular Contributor

Hello to all in Schmooville! I hope everyone - both human and furkids - are safe and well.

Our Vanilla-cat has given us quite a scare. She stopped eating a couple of weeks ago and was very unsteady on her feet. DH took her to our longtime vet who examined her and gave us upsetting news. One of Vanilla's kidneys is very enlarged. At 16 years old our vet said an ultrasound would be very stressful for a cat Vanilla's age. Her diagnosis was one of two things - either kidney failure or cancer.

We've been giving her prednisone every day, and the good news is that Vanilla has improved. Her appetite has returned and she has been actively moving about. We are concentrating on making her comfortable and making sure she keeps eating. Since DH is in and out of the house all day he gives her a little dry food throughout the day in addition to what she gets morning and night. So for now she is stable.

I love seeing how busy Frankie is - after all, there is territory to guard. I hope her medication is helping her give any intruders what-for.

Take care everyone! Have a wonderful weekend!

Love, TrafficDiva

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:   Hello to all Schmoosters!  We're having day three of what would normally be a beautiful spring-type of day:  low humidity, just warm-enough temps. Tomorrow it will be gone with the (mostly) departure of the once-a-17-year invasion of the cicadas.

@TrafficDiva  You can count on the Schmoo family to unite in prayer for your precious Vanilla kitty. It's so hard to live with a lump in your throat, worrying about what's next.  She couldn't be in a better or more loving home, and she knows it!  Know we have our virtual arms embracing your family right now.

@sceniccoast @Shop Till you Drop @geezerette @beastielove @grandkidsrgreat and @newtoallthis and so many others--thanks for your continued prayers for Frankie. She's now tapered back to her usual prednisolone dose. Her vet, still recuperating from home, was on a virtual conference on pain in pets and he has some new ideas.  He checks on her daily. He's definitely feeling better and getting antsy--he wants to be back in action helping the pets. His wife has her hands full!

Another photo today that I had to post. It shows Frankie surveying her kingdom. Note the crook in her neck--she is laser-focused at the neighbor, who chose to weed her garden at an unapproved time! 

Don't cross Miss Francesca, or you're going to hear about it:

Frankie window retrospective SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@TrafficDiva Please know we are lifting your precious baby up in prayer.

Please give your little Vanilla a special ear rub and tummy rub from me and let her know I am thinking of her and family, hugs to you and take good care.