Regular Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Frankie looks like quite the queen on her memory foam. I'm sure Fay Wray is keeping a close eye on her from the other side of the Bridge and is with her in spirit gazing through the window upon the beautiful flowers.

I hope Frankie's food issues improve - it's so frustrating when your furbaby hates the prescription food they're supposed to eat. Our Tabbykins and OJ-cat were on prescription food back in the day and once in a while we would treat them to baby food. By the way if it helps anyone Beech Nut stage 2 (if I remember correctly) comes in chicken, turkey or ham and there are only two ingredients in each jar The meat and water. 

Take care everyone!

Love, TrafficDiva

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Greetings Schmoosters!

Frankie did better yesterday. We don't know if the extra pred ordered by the vet is working or just temporarily tamping down the throat inflammation. She still has stomatitis, it's just the full mouth extractions done a year ago tomorrow (time flies) helped her about 80%, but she still has flares 20% of the time and in we're in a doozy. But her vet will solve it. The stomatitis, the itchy ears, the granulomous dermatitis bumps she had surgery for last fall and her food intolerance=all autoimmune problems.

The food:  her issue is that she liked the original version of the Rx food but of course they tweaked it. She hates the new, although yesterday she ate some. But that could be the pred making her eat anything. @TrafficDiva Frankie has food intolerance to nth power. She can't eat chicken, turkey or ham. So that kicks the baby food to the curb, but thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Last night she was very comfortable, and I snapped this photo of her on the recliner with me in a massive stretch after a massive nap. It puts 20 years back on to my life to see her so comfy:

Frankie stretching SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie,

Hang in there as best you can Precious.  I'm glad you had some comfy time on your Mom's lap.  I hope your day went much better.  My 2 girls & I will continue sending your our Blessings & (((hugs))) for your overall well-being.

May calm & peaceful dreams fall upon you while sleeping tonight.  Always remember how very loved you are from so many of your fans.  HeartHeart

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh wow - it's a bummer that Frankie wouldn't be able to tolerate baby food. Here's hoping hunger wins out and that she'll eat more of her prescription food. I don't remember what OJ had to eat - he was diabetic. He wasn't too thrilled about his food either.  But Tabbykins had IBD and was on green pea and duck.

Glad to hear Frankie had a better day yesterday - her photo says it all.

Hard to believe it's been a year since Frankie's mouth surgery - time sure does fly. I'm so glad her most excellent vet has been able to provide some relief.

Frankie Strong!

Love,TrafficDiva

PS - now that I think of it, the baby food could have been Gerber if anyone is interested.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 I sure am glad Sweet Frankie is feeling a little bit better.  Miss Katy who is now a drowned rat with another week of rain falling on her wants to send a special message to Frankie, she says :Hi Friend, I'm thinking of you and hope you are enjoying some sunning time looking out at your view"

katy girl.jpg

Honored Contributor

Frankie just so 9 21 2020 SZD.jpg

Precious Girl...

Sending you tons more strong

healing prayers and pawsitive

energy and hoping that you'll

soon be feline much better. Heart

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,

Kitty Sitter and all of my

Schmoo sisters a very peaceful

and pleasant day and that it

marks the beginning of a very

pleasant and peaceful long holiday

week-end.

(((((GROUP HUG)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Dear Sweet Frankie,

You've been on my mind & wanted you to know even though we don't see or hear from you, you'll never be forgotten.  I truly hope you're feeling OK & just relaxing the time away.  Take good care Little One, our hearts are full of love & prayers for you always.  My 2 girls & I wish you loads of relaxation this weekend and maybe you'll get a teeny, tiny surprise of a hotdog or hamburg this Memorial Day Weekend.  (.. kidding, I know you're unable to have either of those.)  Lots of (((hugs))) being sent your way.  We hope you catch them.  Sweet & calm dreams Sweet Little Angel Girl.  HeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday report:  Greetings to all Schmoosters and thanks for your ongoing prayers for Frankie! You're keeping me sane.

@Shop Till you Drop  That Katy has a look that's part mischief and part sweetness. What a pretty girl!

@beastielove @sceniccoast @TrafficDiva @Tissyanne  Frankie is slowly improving.  I'm in communication with her most excellent vet every couple of days so he can monitor progress. He's keeping her on the elevated dose of prednisolone because her whole autoimmune system went a little haywire: the throat, the itchy ears, a few little bumps on her shoulder. She is doing better though.

She insisted I show you some new impish kitty decor in one of our bathrooms. One picture is the whole shower curtain, the second picture is a gray cat with a mouse near its mouth (remember her "gumming" that mouse to an early demise) and the third photo shows a closeup of her new shower hooks.

She's a stylish kitty:

Frankie shower curtain 1 SZD.jpg

Frankie shower curtain 2 SZD.jpg

Frankie shower curtain 3 SZD.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Saturday report:  Greetings to all Schmoosters and thanks for your ongoing prayers for Frankie! You're keeping me sane.

@Shop Till you Drop  That Katy has a look that's part mischief and part sweetness. What a pretty girl!

@beastielove @sceniccoast @TrafficDiva @Tissyanne  Frankie is slowly improving.  I'm in communication with her most excellent vet every couple of days so he can monitor progress. He's keeping her on the elevated dose of prednisolone because her whole autoimmune system went a little haywire: the throat, the itchy ears, a few little bumps on her shoulder. She is doing better though.

She insisted I show you some new impish kitty decor in one of our bathrooms. One picture is the whole shower curtain, the second picture is a gray cat with a mouse near its mouth (remember her "gumming" that mouse to an early demise) and the third photo shows a closeup of her new shower hooks.

She's a stylish kitty:

Frankie shower curtain 1 SZD.jpg

Frankie shower curtain 2 SZD.jpg

Frankie shower curtain 3 SZD.jpg

The love you have for Frankie, along with each and every pet I have heard you speak OF, along with showing...there is a beautiful Heaven waiting for you, @Sammycat1 ...love, NAES

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, hope everyone is doing well.  We are still washing away with all this rain, I have never seen such cool wet weather in May, June in North Dallas in my life!  

Sweet Frankie, I hope you are feeling the very best possible, and your new shower decor is awesome!  Have the best week possible friends.