Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Sammy, I am so happy you had a wonderful anniversary.  That new band is really pretty.  You two are a wonderful pair!  

I am making my way through this difficult day.  Trying to think of all our wonderful days and not the bad ones.  Her oncologist of ten years called me this morning.  He said he marked his calendar to reach out to me today.  He admitted losing her hurt him as well.  He talked about losing patients as part of the plan of his profession, but some patients become friends and that is where Mom and I sit with him.  That call touched me deeply.  

Have the best day possible dear friends...Hug those you love very tightly today...

@Shop Till you Drop 

I wanted to wait and take your lead today in mentioning this difficult anniversary of your own. Your heart hurts, to be sure, because your Mom raised a thoughtful, caring person whose love knows no earthly or Heavenly bounds. Do her proud today by taking comfort and feeling peace by allowing that powerful love to soar free. 

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Sammy, I am so happy you had a wonderful anniversary.  That new band is really pretty.  You two are a wonderful pair!  

I am making my way through this difficult day.  Trying to think of all our wonderful days and not the bad ones.  Her oncologist of ten years called me this morning.  He said he marked his calendar to reach out to me today.  He admitted losing her hurt him as well.  He talked about losing patients as part of the plan of his profession, but some patients become friends and that is where Mom and I sit with him.  That call touched me deeply.  

Have the best day possible dear friends...Hug those you love very tightly today...

@Shop Till you Drop 

Please find comfort in the fact

that your mother's loving spirit is

surrounding you 24/7 and it will

stay with you until you're reunited

for eternity.

(((((HeartSHOP TILL YOU DROPHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters on this rainy day.

I went to an early physical therapy appointment and then home to DH and the Frankster, who are both having a well-deserved morning sleep-in.

Today I have a mini-survey for the Schmoo Family. As part of doing Schmoo's book, I need to develop a working title and a one-sentence summary statement of what the book is about. The summary statement ends up in the book proposal for publishers and sometimes a portion of it ends up as a subtitle on the book jacket. The choices are very similar but slightly different in meaning.

As you're a part of his story, what do you choose?

That’s Mister Schmoo to You
The story of an underdog who happens to be a cat, the couple who fight(s) to save his life and the lasting, national community he inspires

The story of a live-out-loud cat confronting a rare illness with grit, the couple who fights to save him and the lasting, national community he inspires

The story of a live-out-loud cat with a rare illness, the people who fight to save him and the lasting, national community he inspires

The story of a live-out-loud cat, the people/couple who fight to save his life and the lasting, national community he inspires

The story of a live-out-loud cat, the people who unite to save his life and the lasting, national community he inspires

Schmoo noble.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends....Happy Friday.

Sammy they are all great, but number 5 rings so true to my ear.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I like number 2. You and DH fought to save him. The community were your cheerleaders. Of course his most awesome vet fought for him too.  You go with what speaks to you. I think Mr. Schmoo will nudge you in the right direction!

Trusted Contributor

I prefer #2 but #5 is strong, too. People did unite to save him: You and DH, the vet teams, etc. so it's not incorrect to mention the people vs the couple. But the vet teams couldn't have helped if you and Mr Sammycat weren't leading the charge! You were working to save him 24/7.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm leaning towards 2, however in 1, I like the "underdog" description.  In your heart, you'll know which # speaks more the truth to you & DH.  

I wasn't here in the beginning, but all the Mr. Schmoo photos of him show his handsomeness & a very loving look in his eyes.

Hope you guys send us some rain, we could use it.  Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Sweet Frankie:  With the rain you're getting today, I'm guessing you're napping more than ususal?  Works that way with my 2 girls.  In any case, are you well enough to get some play time in with your loving parents?  Get well & my 2 girls & I wish you a pleasant night of dreams, esp. with the sound of rain.  You're very loved from us all Sweet Little Angel Girl.  Heart

Regular Contributor

Hello to all in Schmooville!

It's been a while - had a lot going on. I won't go into my tales of woe but hopefully things will settle down soon.

Happy belated anniversary Mr and Mrs Sammycat - the ring is just beautiful! I'm so glad you had a great dinner! I hope Miss Frankie and DH enjoyed their deep dish sleep-in this morning.

As for the Schmoo book - I like titles 3 and 5.

@Shop Till you Drop - the firsts after you lose someone you love are so hard. May you have happy memories to comfort you.

Everyone please stay well and safe!

Love, TrafficDiva

Honored Contributor

Sammycat, I do like your new ring very much.

I like #1 for Mr. Schmoo's book. The underdog (cat) tells his beginnings, and captures interest. You two certainly fought with all your mights, and hearts. He sure did inspire a forever community, with his well lived life story.
Super Contributor

I vote #1. But ... they are all good and I can't wait to get a copy of this marvelous kitty's story. My kitty Scooter is going in for a dental cleaning on Friday. He has some health issues and will be getting blood work before the procedure but I'm very anxious and would appreciate prayers / good thoughts for him. Thank you!