Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Tissyanne 
Sugar always has to carry her toy in herself! It is so funny. She has a little llama that she takes to bed with her every night! She gets it abd dives under the covers! She's such a sweet girl and I'm  so glad she has fit into our little cat family  💗

Trusted Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop 

Thinking of you and holding you in my thoughts and prayers.  My husband went into the hospital for the last time on April 8th. A day I won't forget. He was 41 years old. He died on April 30th. As time passes those bad last days will be replaced by the joyous one. At least it has been that way for me. Six years after I lost my mom, I lost my husband. I still miss them and I'm holding you close in my heart as you approach this anniversary. 💔

Trusted Contributor

@newtoallthis Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate you so much.  Loss is something that just never gets easier.  I'm trying hard to let go of those bad memories, and really focus on all the years of the best of times.  And just knowing that my mom and dad are back together in Heaven does bring me comfort.  I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs my Friend.

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne Thank you my Friend, I so appreciate your kind words.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:   Frankie reports a rainy day to all Schmoosters, but the kind through which the birds still chirp and the geese glide on local ponds. And when she sees that, she thinks, "lunch!"

@Shop Till you Drop  I think of your valiant mother and, only knowing her through your words, know that there was so much love between you that those powerful, joyful memories will emerge through your grief just like the first crocuses pushing up in the spring. Try to relax and let them. Heart

@newtoallthis  Mr. Tibbs! He deserves nothing less than an exclamation point after his name. You miss him to the core, yet he is always with you. Nothing can snap that bond. I also had tears in my eyes when you described the loss of your husband. DH and I got married on the cusp of 40 and we're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next week. Not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for this special man. How lucky I am.

Frankie is motoring along. Last night while snugged up against me, she alternately had some toot farts and snoring. What else to do but smile in the presence of Heaven on Earth:

Frankie closeup Oct 1 2020 SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

@beastielove 

Hugs delivered to Tessa as requested! 💞

My Mr Tibbs went to the Bridge 5 years ago yesterday. I remember the red bud trees and the dogwood trees were both blooming at the cemetery that day. It was so beautiful. I went yesterday and just the red buds are beginning to bloom. 

You never forget the loss....

@newtoallthis 

Thank mew for delivering the hugs!

I remember your handsome boy quite

well and do believe that he and Tabitha

have become besties as she did posses

a very outgoing purr-sonality! Cat Very Happy

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

My husband and I would have celebrated our 20th anniversary May 27. As I said, he died April 30th. He was such a good husband and father. I think that's why I've never remarried. I've never met anyone who could measure up! I can tell that you and Mr Sammycat are a match made in Heaven! He is a wonderful Cat Daddy too! You are very lucky to have found each other! So a early Happy Anniversay to a very special couple! ❤️🌹

Respected Contributor

Well, good morning Sweet Frankie:

I hope today finds you feeling better.  It's been windy & rainy the past couple days here also.  So, you had a great day watching your critter friends.  I hope you all had a nice chat.

Your photos this week are very pretty (as they always are.)  I've a feeling you'll be getting plenty of R & R as my 2 girls are.  They're both hiding while napping.

@Sammycat1 & DH .. wishing you both a wonderfully & Blessed wedding anniversary this month.  May there be many more Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:   Greetings Schmoosters!  We've got another rainy, humid one here and everyone's arthritis is acting up.

Thank you for your very kind wishes on our anniversary. @newtoallthis I understand your sentiments completely. DH is the one and only for all time.

Frankie appreciates all your well wishes and compliments. She is holding on. She has one the "battle of the barricade."  If we want to get to sleep before 3 a.m.--and we must because of work--we have to let her some freedom of movement. We'll go back to barricade status this weekend.

She's resisting photo ops so today I'll include one of the "patron kitty" of this thread, Mr. Schmoo, plus a one-paragraph snippet from his book about DH. It concerns the day we found out Schmoo's rare, horrible diagnosis, and had to make a decision to try to treat him--or let him go. It's appropriate to show it since our 20th anniversary is next week.This happened 10 years in:

My husband came into the room, listening to my conversation with the vet on the phone, eyes bleary with stress and lack of sleep. After I hung up, I filled him in on our choice as tears slid silently down my cheeks. Such is the strength of a marriage--our marriage--when, without saying a word to one another, a life-changing decision can be made. At the least, we had to put up a fight, although we truly had no idea what we were in for and every odds maker would bet against us and our Schmoo, who our vet called "the coolest cat in the world." We dried our eyes, kissed one another and set out to bring our boy home:

Schmoo cool.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1   "...toot farts and snoring..."  Are you sure it was Frankie? Smiley LOL Happy anniversary!