Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 

prayers will continue for Frankie. I'm so sorry she has to go through this! She is such a sweet, beautiful girl. 

Trusted Contributor

@sceniccoast 

Here is Miss Tessa , Just for you! B73145FC-087C-4F4E-83C9-788002F94FA2.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@sceniccoast @Sammycat1 @Tissyanne @Shop Till you Drop 

And all the Schmoo family!  Just so he doesn't get left out in a house full of females, here is the very handsome Tripp. Sugar is so jealous of him and he'd love to play with her! Tessa pays no attention to her except to throw a dirty look occasionally! F67CFBEF-E769-4BCC-814E-6D261FF0F464.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  & DH,

I'm so sorry Frankie's not well.  It amazes me she's been going up & down the steps with all these health problems.  I remember last year your DH put that whatever it was at the top of your steps as she was confined on the 2nd floor & fussing then as well.  Well, you're some of the most devoted kitty parents around & for that, I'm grateful.

Sweet Frankie:  you need to take things slow now.  I hope God continues encouraging you to remain "Frankie Strong" & you feel His love at all times.

May your weekend be very relaxing & I hope you get plenty of sun to keep you warm while napping.  Maybe your critter friends will come to visit you for a bit.  I wish you calm & peaceful dreams this weekend Sweet Little Angel.  My 2 girls asked that I send you their "meows" again & this time to add "kitty licks" to send your way.  I pray you feel better soon.  Hope you feel my (((hugs))).   Heart

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Thank you for your lovely post to our Sweet Frankie.  I'm sure she appreciated it.

Respected Contributor

@newtoallthis 

Thank you for posting your very cute kitties for me.  Tess is so beautiful & Tripp is so handsome.  You have a lovely little pet family.  Tess, Tripp & Sugar are very fortunate to have you care for them.  Enjoy your weekend spoiling them all.  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie,

I hope you're feeling some relief on that sprain as well as your other discomforts.  I'm know your loving parents are doting on you hand & foot, making sure you're feeling as best as you can.  I hope today is sunny for you and that you're not having the rain we are.  You don't need your arthristis getting worse.  

My prayers are with you each day.  Hope your dreams are calm & peaceful Sweet Little Angel Girl .. Heart  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  I am so sorry Frankie is facing a new challenge, I will put in a special prayer for her hind leg as well as her back, being gimpy and challenged in similar locations I really feel for her current pain!  Be strong and rest peacefully this evening, Frankie, may a new week see you on the road to healing!

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, If you dont mind, please share my message with Sweet Frankie.  Good morning precious one.  We are praying for you each and everday to feel better.  We need you to stay safe and protect that knee and spine.  Your Mommy and Daddy love you as well as so many others. I am sending you love and jelly bean toe rubs all the way from TX..hugs little one.

Have the best week possible Dear Friends, I am figting to keep my chin up in the coming weeks. So much started snowballing out of control the last two weeks before we lost Mom.  I feel like I am holding my breathe waiting for April 8th to come, how could it be a year that her precious soul has been in Heaven.  I am trying hard to put all the bad of the last days aside and remember the wonderful joyous times that we were so blessed to have.

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:   Greetings on a blustery, sunny Monday from Schmooville!

Frankie is doing a smidge better. I told her, as always, your good wishes and prayers, @Shop Till you Drop @CamilleP @sceniccoast @Tissyanne @newtoallthis .

She particularly enjoyed the closeups of Tessa and Tripp, @newtoallthis. And I read your words to her, @Shop Till you Drop.  She, like DH and I, know you have a tough anniversary coming up and want you to know that our arms surround you in comfort, even across the miles.

She's been a handful.  We sequester her to the second floor at night. At the barrier DH made, like the one he did when she had her full mouth dental extraction surgery, she starts with a protest of tiny meows that become more insistent ... then morph into full blown caterwauling. This goes on for about an hour then she finally accepts that she must stay upstairs.

Most of the day she stays upstairs of her own free will because she's on her hamper locale sunning herself.  In the evening, DH gives her a magic carpet ride to go downstairs where we all eat dinner together.

Her independent self is beyond strong.  We're giving her additional pain medicine for awhile then will taper gradually back down to her normal level. The knee will heal; I'm more worried about the spine.

In the meantime, we celebrate the ferocity of a cat to be a cat,  whether it's a 600-pound tiger or a 16-pound Frankie.  They have ways of sending a message:

Frankie message SZD.jpg