Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 yes. He will be taking a chariot ride soon as I can get a call back from his reg vet

Thank you so much

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat 

My heart breaks for you and Duke. He's such a handsome boy. If only they could talk to us and tell us when they're hurting sooner.

Duke has a very loving mama in you. Please give him a kiss and hug from me. Heart

Respected Contributor

@KitTkat , prayers for your dear Duke. After seeing his photo just once, I haven't been able to forget his soulful face. I will be thinking of you both today. We are with you.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat   I will be praying for you and Duke.  I hope you can get an early appointment with the Vet today.  I'm so sorry he's failing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat 

Oh no!  I just logged on to read this last awful news.  I truly thought from your previous posts Duke would turn around.

I'm so, so sorry.  It's such a shock to have his situation go this way so suddenly.  Having gone through this just recently, my heart goes out to you and Duke, as well.  But he will be in the best of hands as he makes his transition--yours.

❤️🐾💔🙏

Trusted Contributor

KitTkat, I am so sorry to see your post.  Your precious Duke has fought so hard, I know your heart breaks.  Lifting prayers for you and your baby. Hugs

Trusted Contributor

20200427_104528.jpg

8/11/11 - 1/5/21

Duke, affectionately called "Duke Duke" lost his short battle with cancer, but his victory has only just begun.

I held him in my arms until it was time to let go, his heart purring all the way.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers. They have meant so much.

This is all I can type for now.

You're free Duke, and we will meet again.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat 

I am so sorry. 😢

The hardest thing for us to do is often the best thing we can do for them.

❤️

4F8DA794-4D92-43DA-BB77-890A4C9357B3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat,

Your Duke is at peace. You are in my prayers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KitTkat 

Our hearts hurt, too, for although we didn't have the good chance to meet your Duke, we knew his delicious handsomeness and his bravery in this battle through you.

You say his heart purred all the way. Well, so does yours. I say "does" because you two will see each other again. There's a famous quote by a Union officer at Gettysburg that says, "in great deeds, something abides ...."

With you and DukeDuke, I'd substitute it this way:  "in great love, everything abides."

Godspeed, dearest, beloved DukeDuke--your Mama misses you powerfully but you know a secret that will come to her later after her worst tears begin to subside:  That you're with her, a permanent part of her heart, forever. Heart