Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 

Guess Sweet Frankie's too smart for anything to get by her  Cat Wink  Maybe she feels she likes things in their "own spot" as we humans do.  I'm sure she's already forgiven your DH.

Sweet Frankie:  Please don't hold any grudge against your loving Dad.  Enjoy your weekend with your Mom & Dad.  Hopefully, the sun rays will reach you through the windows and give you the comfort you need.  Did you get to chat with your critter friends?

Wishing you peaceful & calm dreams tonight.  Wake up to a wonderful day tomorrow.  Blessings to you Sweet Little Angel Girl.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1   That catnip banana looks a little worse for wear. It's turning black -- perhaps it's been left out too long? LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That catnip banana looks familiar! They are just as "ripe" here from much use, one even got ripped open once, catnip all over the floor. Wheee 

Good news on mom. She gets to come home today. The surgery was a success and even though we were already sure the tumor was benign, it was confirmed a couple of days ago that it was. Now hopefully the recovery will go well. Thank you for your prayers.

I do have a kitty dilemma though. Junior has a wound, or something wrong with his tongue. I got a look at it, but couldnt see under the tongue, which would have told me if there was any abnormality coming from both sides or just the red line i see on top. Terrible timing for me, as my vet closed early yesterday and is closed today. I don't know how I can try to get him in tomorrow. But if he worsens today I've got to get him in.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat   That's great news about your mom.  

I'm so sorry about Junior's tongue.  I'm sure your Vet will let you come in tomorrow.  They leave room in their schedule for emergencies, and this sounds like it is something that can't wait.  Please let us know about the Vet visit.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@KitTkat 

Thank you for sharing the great news on your Mom.  So glad that the stress & discomfort is gone.  

Good luck getting Sweet Junior to the vet.  I hope all goes well with him.  Please keep us updated when you're able to.

Sending you prayers for your Mom's continued healing & for a positive diagnosis for Junior's tongue.  

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:   It's a blustery day here in Schmooville!  We've had to batten down the hatches.

@LonestarBabs, @KitTkat is right. A pet parent with a cat who does catnip toys knows the tell tale "spit" mark of a well-loved bag of kitty weed.

@KitTkatGreat news on your Mom! Our prayers are with your Junior and we hope by now you've been able to get into the vet.

Speaking of the vet, Frankie decided while we were watching the Dr. Jeff show that she wanted to put her two cents in on a surgery being performed. Sure, they were operating on a dog at the time, but who says a cat can't understand dog surgery?

Frankie vet surgical expert SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1   I'm glad Frankie is doing well right now, and is happily murdering her catnip banana! 

And @KitTkat I am so glad to hear your Mom's heart issue was not actually a problem, and that her surgery was successful, I hope her recovery is swift and complete!

My prayers continue for all my Schmoo Family in need!

Trusted Contributor

Getting Junior to my vet wasnt the concern, it was leaving mom the day after she came home. I was able to get a drop off appointment and Junior had to stay the day. I just got off the phone with Dr. F.  She ruled out all of the bad stuff. No cancer, no kidney problems. Junior has a severe tongue laceration, likely caused when his brother Smokey tossed him around last week. Junior took a piece out of Smokey's rear, so I guess they're even. Btw, they usually always get along, but Smokey is TOP CAT here and once in a while that position gets challenged.

I had two options to treat Junior. 1, surgery to suture the wound, 2, antibiotics and pain med and time. I chose 2, but if he makes no improvement in 3 days I'll do the surgery. She said that he showed a lot of pain when she examined him, and after a dose of pain med he improved right away. Junior is my tough guy. He runs right through pain without showing it. Please pray he heals without the need of surgery. I'll take that route if need be, but I would rather go easy street if we can make it. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KitTkat   Thanks for the update on Junior.  I've been checking here today to see what the Vet said.  I'll be praying that he heals without surgery and that the pain meds will keep him pain free.  Just having a mouth sore is painful.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have a severe laceration.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Frankie sends Election Day greetings to all Schmooster!  She sent DH and I out to the polls then reeled us back in to wait on her.

@KitTkat  I hope that your Mom and Junior are making good progress. Keep us posted!

Her sneezing is reducing but not totally gone. Last night she decided she wanted to watch Tom Brady in Monday Night Football with her beloved Daddy, so for the first time in probably six months, she jumped up on the reclining sofa with him. It was good times again.

Check out that one white paw possessively resting on DH's leg. There's no doubt who has claimed who:

Frankie n Daddy Nov 2020 SZD.jpg