Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@KitTkat 

Prayers for your dear mom and you. ❤️🙏🏻

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Hello, Schmoosters.  A little under the weather yesterday and today, so a short post.

@KitTkat  Thinking of you and your Mom. I hope you have an appointment with the cardiologist. Knowledge is power--better to know what you're dealing with. Comfort wishes heading your way.

Frankie's a little under the weather like her Mom. Her ears are bugging her and the usual drops just seem to aggravate her, so we're taking her to her most excellent vet this Saturday so he can dig down into that abyss and see what's going on. She won't be happy but she'll thank us in her own kitty way when she feels better:

Frankie June 11 sized.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I hope both you & Frankie will feel better soon.  Hopefully, it's seasonal allergies that will go away quickly.  I have a feeling both you  & Sweet Frankie will care for each other.  Heart

Get plenty of rest with hot lemon flavored tea w/ a dab of honey.  It really helps.

Wishing you both a restful, peaceful sleep as needed.  Take care.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   I hope you and Frankie are both feeling better.  What did the Vet say about Frankie today?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

Yes, that plate. You, and me. Heart

I hope you and Frankie are feeling better soon. I have been enjoying each day, and working in my kitchen. I do enjoy cooking in the fall season. 

The pictures of Frankie, and her blankies are so sweet. She is enjoying the soft life. 

We are expecting winter wet weather next week. I am so excited !!

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat , 

I hope your Mom will be cleared soon for her surgery. My DH got an abnormal EKG a few years ago at his doctor office. He saw a cardiologist, and was told everything was fine. I hope the same for your Mom. I understand the frustration. 

Blessings across the miles.

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:   Greetings this bleary Sunday to all Schmoosters!

I'm doing better than I was, but I still only want to eat bland food.  In the middle of this GI thing, my already horrendous back blew and is still a problem. Frankie is not interested in my maladies!

She had a reasonable checkup. Her most excellent vet is pleased she's "doing well for how frail she is." She didn't have a bunch of junk in her ears, but there was a lot of irritation in her one ear. The other wasn't as bad. He mixed up a powerful steroid cocktail he learned about at a continuing ed seminar on ear inflammation.

Her throat looked 50% better than the last time saw it, so he was quite happy with that. So are we after that horrific surgery back in May! Now that we've got her diarrhea under control, she's got to lose some weight, although very slowly...only a 10% cutback due to her liver problems. He gave her a mani-pedi to boot.

Because Frankie and I have been out of commission, I really haven't done anything in the photo end of things, so we'll have to show a re-run of "Frankie's greatest photo hits" for today:

Frankie vs bird sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better @Sammycat1 .  I am sorry you're having back pain.  I have a pretty bad back problem myself.  Last year I had radiofrequency ablation done on both sides.  It's time to have it done again, and I'm debating.  It didn't last nearly as long as it should have.  I hope your back starts feeling better soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. The cardiologist ran another EKG and found nothing wrong. The surgery is scheduled for Monday morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:   It's high noon in Schmooville--greetings from Frankie!

@NickNack  I have so many things wrong in my back, they'd have to ablate the entire spine! I'm sorry you have bad back problems, too.

@KitTkat  Fantastic news about your mother! Please keep us posted on her progress and let her know the Schmoo Prayer Warrior family is with her!

Today I wanted to share with you a piece of new jewelry that's very close to my heart. For years, I've sought the perfect pendant to capture the majesty of our beloved rough collie Fergus, gone 10 years but not from our hearts.

Finally, I found one that's contemporary. The picture is dark but the pendant is bright and shiny. Tell me what you think. There's nothing (to us) like a big, regal, rough collie:

Frankie Puppy pendant SZD.jpg

Schmoo Fergus majestic pendant pose.jpg