Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 

Many thanks.  Schmoo never appeared to be orange to me.  He always had the cream color.

Good Ol' Sweet Frankie, always getting in on the act.  Sweet Frankie, how about teaching me "all things Apple?"  Seriously, I don't own anything "Apple Tech".  

Sweet Frankie:  how was your weekend?  Did you get plenty of sun, esp. on Sat.?  You must have spent the day by your "personal" heater for your arthritis.  Your Mom & Dad take such good care of your comfort, etc.  As always, I wish you peaceful & pleasant dreams tonight.  Stay well, Sweet Little Angel Girl.  My 2 girls send you meows & xoxoxoxo  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning Friends: Miss Katy is dropping by to say good morning, she loves to find her sunny spots in the house.  Dont let that sweet face fool you!  Hope everyone has a great day...

katy1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop   I love seeing Katy!  She's so adorable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters!

@Shop Till you Drop  I think I see a mischievous glint in Katy's eye--thanks for giving us a pic of her!

@sceniccoast  I was just commenting on the exchange with you and NickNack on the color of a ginger cat. Sometimes people call Schmoo a ginger cat when they see a pic in which his fur photographs that way.

Frankie had an overcast, rainy day yesterday--and so did her boy pal, Eskimo, one of the Kitty Sitter's rescue cats out on the West Coast.  They decided there's only one way to deal with this sort of bleak weather situation:

Eskimo exhausted SZD.jpg

Frankie TV exhaustion SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

A continent apart and the same perfect solution to a similar problem, bless them both! 

Respected Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop 

Your Sweet Katy is a real cutie.  Thank you for sharing her photo.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I hope you're feeling well these days.

Both Eskimo & Frankie look so restful.  My girls were doing the same "excercise zzzzzz" as I believe all other kitties were doing.  

Tomorrow is supposed to bring us a sunny, warmer day .. they'll still being doing the same "excercise zzzzzz" .. Cat LOL  

Sweet Frankie:  wishing you warmer, pleasant dreams tonight.  Hope you have a better weather day tomorrow also & get a chance to chat with your critter friends.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Hello this bright sunny fall day in Schmooville!  Still shorts weather as normal for us but the trees say it's fall.

@CamilleP  You are so correct. Naps are naps and love is love, no matter the distance.

@sceniccoast  Frankie spent some of the morning snoozing in sunshine but also took it upon herself to direct some wrath at the kestrels out front in her water fountain--and the UPS guy. He was a substitute and she didn't like the looks of him.

Last night she wanted to test the new sound bar on the TV, so she had DH crank up one of her favorite birdie videos.  So realistic on the chirps:

Frankie birdies SZD.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Greetings to all from the land of Schmoo!

Soon a snippet from the Schmoo book will come about our collie Fergus and his relationship with Schmoo.

We've had to temporarily increase Frankie's prednisolone...she's struggling a lot to go up the steps but wants to do it, and her mouth/throat are a little inflamed temporarily. That dreaded stomatitis will never leave her, but we'll aim all the weapons we have at it to calm her inflammation and make her feel better.

Her investigations on the change required for DH to install the sound bar continue. She got a little miffed that the tiny cat sculptures I had on the TV stand had to move temporarily, as well as a small pile of books and a Dennis Basso blanket.

So, she's miffed:

Frankie investigating SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Big hugs to all of my Schmoo family here. I thank you all for the kind words, your compassionate understanding, and most of all, thank you for your prayers in the loss of Sassy. The first few days were very hard, I wept deeply from my soul, but each day gets a little bit brighter.

I've had my quiet time to grieve, but truth be told, I haven't had much time to breathe.

Mom finally received a diagnosis as why she's been in debilitating back pain. She has a growth (they did not call it a tumor) pressing against a nerve, which has been "forced" out of place. They are confident at this point it's benign. She met with the surgeon today, and when he saw how severe her condition is, he wanted to rush the surgery. It was originally thought it could be 3 or more weeks away. She will have surgery on Wednesday, providing her covid test is negative. Depending on how much damage needs repairing, she could be in the hospital as short as 2 days or as long as 5.

Pray for mom's recovery, and me too. Heartache is far from being healed and more stress with this is bound to catch up with me sooner or later. I need to be strong and steady for mom, especially those first few days she'll be home.

I know I'm not here as often as I would like, but I'm sure grateful I have you all in my life. You're a blessing and good times or bad, I know there's always a hug and a smile a couple of clicks away.