Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Well Bill the cat has something new to drive me crazy,

I have pictures all over my fridg.  I periodically move them around and change them.

Lately, I'd noticed several of the pictures laying on the floor.

I didn't think much about it.  My daughter's been staying with me so I thought maybe she'd accidentally knocked them off.

Today my daughter and I were trying to figure out why all of a sudden my ice maker stopped making ice.

Bill was standing on his stool I'd bought for him about 1 year ago.  He never would sit on it.  He was driving me crazy underfoot in the kitchen.

Just since my daughter (same name as Katie the cat) has been back (without her dog, this time) Bill started sitting on it so he can see what we are doing on the kitchen counters.

Well, anyway we had the freezer door open and it was like snow falling.....the pictures and magnets were all falling on the floor.

I closed the freezer door and looked down.  It was Bill, sitting on the stool and one by one pushing off the magnets thereby causing the pictures to hit the floor.

I made him get down and put the pictures back.  Move forward toward evening and and I walked into the kitchen just as Bill was busy (you guessed it) taking his paw and pushing off the magnets one by one.

I guess he hasn't gotten the memo that since I broke my back I'm not supposed to bend over!

He's been in Heaven with my daughter here.  She brushes him and he sits on her lap while she massages his feet and tickles his little belly.  

I thought cats didn't like their belly rubbed....no one told Bill that.

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@NickNack 

Sweet Frankie looks so cozy & beautiful.  It's good to see a pic of her again.  I know both she & Sweet Ava will always be so near & dear to your heart.  Heart

I'm surprised Mr. Henry doesn't use cat beds.  Mine use both those & anything else that fits their fancy.  Cat Happy

By the way, how are both Ava & Henry's relationship going?  

@sceniccoast   Ava and Henry are existing peacefully together.  I don't think Ava is afraid of him anymore, but she doesn't consider him a friend.  He keeps trying every day.  It is 110% better than it was when I first got her.  She's doing great.

Henry is either in my bed, the couch, a chair, his cat tree looking at the bird feeder, or on a table in front of the window.  He also loves sitting on the screened in porch.  I bought a bed especially for him, but he has never gotten in it that I know of.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

That's great news.  Henry is winning Ava over with his charm.  

One of my girls, Ginger, uses mostly the cat beds, towers & condo.  My other girl, Fluffy, uses mostly our bed & sofa.  It's strange, she doesn't seem to care for her tower anymore though.  The 2 of them would be in their towers each day/night to cackle at the critters & get the fresh air.  

I think both Ava & Henry will become closer soon.  They seem to be on the right track.  

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast   I think they'll be friends eventually, too.  Is your Ginger a ginger cat?  I love ginger cats.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

Sorry, I've not heard of a Ginger cat? Please describe.

My Ginger is a calico .. if that's what you're wondering?

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast   A ginger cat is just an orange cat.  I love calicos, too!  

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

Ginger is close to orange/gold, that's her dominant color, along with black & white.  My Fluffy is black, gray, white.  They both have white chests.  You'd never know they're sisters.  Totally different looking & different personalities.  Fluffy's the boss, Ginger's more timid.  They don't play or hang out together anymore.  

LOL, too much info.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,Kitty Sitter

and all of my dear Schmoo sisters a

pleasant and peaceful day and that it

marks the beginning of a pleasant and

peaceful new week.

Sending healing prayers and positive 

energy to @Sammycat1 and to those of

you and/or to the members of your families

who are in need.

Sending healing prayers and positive

energy to sweet Frankie and to all of

the other precious furbabies who are

in need.

@Annabellethecat66 

Loving your Bill the cat anecdotes.One

of my kitties...Henry...is just like him

so I can totally relate! Cat LOL

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:   Greetings this rainy Monday morning in Schmooville!

@Annabellethecat66  thanks for the story about Bill. You just didn't know you have an interior decorator living with you--he doesn't like refrigerator clutter!

@sceniccoast  there's no such thing as TMI on cats and dogs on the Schmoo thread. Describe away! By the way, although Schmoo was in the "red mackerel tabby" class (the orange cats), he was technically a "cream mackerel tabby" because he was closer to the color of the palest champagne with next to no orange or red in the coat. This from my vet.

I share the photo below to demonstrate the breadth of Frankie's talents. You know her as a connoisseur of television programming--but did you know, she's got a little tech in her, too? Below she is sitting on the Apple TV remote after DH hooked up a new soundbar--causing a variety of YouTube selections to flash across the screen.

It's not for us mere mortals to understand:

Frankie TV tech SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Happy Monday!  We woke up to so must dust in the air this morning, I thought it was something out of a Scifi Movie.  Miss Katy after enjoying her first full spa day to celebrate her 4 month bday didnt like it one bit messing up her pretty shiney coat.  I hope is everyone is as well as can be and has a nice week ahead. We had some 90 degree temps over the weekend and I sure hope that was  the last hot breathe of summer in our neck of the woods.  I need that cool to come back on my feet.

Hugs Dear Friends.