Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammy, love that snippet you shared with us.  I can just see that mouse reel back with a wham.  And our beloved Schmoo bringing in such a different aspect of love and care from the his kind, gentle and thoughtful ways.  All the pictures you share of him to me show his care and his attitude, both seemed so strong. Cant wait to read more.  I will be a puddle of tears as I read each and every word.  Just knowing the parts of the story we know and the love we have for the precious one and yourself and your DH, makes me proud to have your friendship.  

Katy is puppy through and through. We have gone to a couple of puppy training classes and she is the class clown, always running and playing.  The instructor assures me she will become a little lady in time, I will wait for the day Smiley Happy

My heart still aches for Mom, Joey and Jake.  Especially during this season change, I continue to look for signs each and everyday, sometimes I see a little a little glimmer of one, and I will take that. I called Mom every morning and we would love the first cool mornings when you could open the windows.  We loved to say, I feel the cool on my feet! We loved fall after our long hot summers.  So I will tell you my friends, for the last week, I have felt the cool on my feet and it made me smile.

Hugs Dear Friends..Have the best day possible.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop , 

Good afternoon my friend, 

It sounds like your Katy is a ball of fun. I know the puppy months can keep you on your toes.

I had my first mamo this week, after my diagnosis, and received good news. I feel joy that has not been mine during the last 9 months. I hope to enjoy October and November like never before. 

I have felt cool on my feet this week too. It sure feels good ! 

Take care, and keep smiling. 

Hugs, 

Gail

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

Here is Tessa sitting on the bed looking at Sugar. I would love to know what she is thinking.

BB86CE91-2E96-49AC-8EB3-F02B8F097251.jpeg

@newtoallthis , 

She does not look happy! 

I hope all is well with Sugar.

I have not been posting much lately. I was dismissed yesterday from my eye surgeon. He said all looks great. I can see like I never have before. It is amazing. 

I have a haircut appointment today, and am looking forward to it. 

Take good care, 

Gail

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

I'm very proud of Tessa for allowing Sugar to stay with us. Sugar barked and Tessa just took it in stride. Paid little attention to her! I thought "oh no". Sugar ran through the house and passed by Tessa. Tessa stood her ground and just watch that silly dog.  So it's going very well. Tripp just stays right with Sugar. Doesn't faze him. 

Oh Tissyanne I am beyond thrilled you got good results! God is good! Such good news to hear!  Glad your eyes are well. Everyone says your vision and the colors 

Bless you my friend! Sharon

Honored Contributor

Bill and Katie the cat had a difficult week. Bill got every blood test in the world (he has problems with his pancreas).  It's slightly elevated but not as bad this time as it was previously.

Poor Katie the cat had to have a big tooth pulled.  This poor cat has so many mouth issues.  I give her some of Bill's hard food to try to clean her teeth but she swallows it whole.

Anyway, she's better (got a strong shot for pain and a strong shot of antibiotic).  She's still ditzy....but some of it is our Katie.

You know @Sammycat1  When I look at your sweet baby, it reminded me that I've been mom to a whole lot of cats, but never to a black one.  So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Frankie pose on bed SZD.jpg

Purrs-Day Evening Greetings

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,Kitty Sitter

and all of my dear Schmoo sisters a

peaceful,healthy,pleasant and blessed

month of October.

Wishing those of you who celebrate

an October birthday a most wonderful,

amazing,incredible and beautiful brand

new 365 day journey around the Sun!

Sending out more healing prayers and

positive energy to sweet Frankie and

to all of the other precious furbabies

who are in need.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

Here is Tessa sitting on the bed looking at Sugar. I would love to know what she is thinking.

BB86CE91-2E96-49AC-8EB3-F02B8F097251.jpeg

@newtoallthis 

That is not the face of a Happy Camper! Cat LOL

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   Greetings this lovely fall day, Schmoosters!

@Shop Till you Drop  Thank you for your kind words on the Schmoo book. I'm glad that Miss Katy is working through her puppy phase and making some progress--and that you not only felt  fall on your feet, but your Mom, Jake and Joey in your heart as always.

@Tissyanne  The House of Schmoo sends a big cheer to you on your clean bill of health!  I'll bet you slept like a baby after that news.

@newtoallthis  I think you need cameras in your house so we can live vicariously through you the adventures created by Sugar's residence.

@Annabellethecat66  Not only do we have two blonde kitties in common (Bill and Schmoo) we have two kitties with pancreas problems in common (Bill and Frankie, pictured below). She struggles but keeps bouncing back.

@beastielove  Thanks as always for your prayers and positive wishes.

And now, for a picture of such slumbering beauty I must share it--it was taken yesterday when she felt a little better.  She is a special-needs kitty to be sure, but I think she's just special:

Frankie closeup Oct 1 2020 SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1  Are both of your cats on prescription cat food like Bill is?

I have to order it from Chewy.  My Vet gives me a prescription for it.

Yesterday the Vet told me he got back their blood results.  Everything looked great except for Bill's.  His levels for a high pancreas are slightly elevated.

If I don't watch Katie eat; he will run over after she walks away.  He will never take her food, but the second she steps away...zap...he's there.

He doesn't like the prescription food, so he eats her's.  That's what keeps his levels slightly elevated.

This prescription food works pretty well for now.

Right now I'm giving him the antiobiotic because he's been snaufing (a mixture of cough and sneeze).  It's a sure sign his pancreas isn't totally OK.

The problem is he won't take it unless I mix it in with fishy food.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newtoallthis wrote:

@Tissyanne 

I'm very proud of Tessa for allowing Sugar to stay with us. Sugar barked and Tessa just took it in stride. Paid little attention to her! I thought "oh no". Sugar ran through the house and passed by Tessa. Tessa stood her ground and just watch that silly dog.  So it's going very well. Tripp just stays right with Sugar. Doesn't faze him. 

Oh Tissyanne I am beyond thrilled you got good results! God is good! Such good news to hear!  Glad your eyes are well. Everyone says your vision and the colors 

Bless you my friend! Sharon

@newtoallthis , 

Aww, Tessa is a good girl. I am so glad that things are going well for you all. 

Thank you for your kindness. I feel good, and am very happy. A very good week for me. I am elated.

I hope this fall season is good to you, and your little family. 

Blessings to each one of you, Sharon, Tessa, Tripp, Sugar