Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1  Thank you very much for answering me while you are suffering, I know how hard it is to make oneself function when all one wants is to pass out so one stops feeling the pain for a while!

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  Thank you very much!  I figured the Voltaran wouldn't work, but I tried it in desperation.  When I first tore my back up at 14 my family doctor would give me an injectable muscle relaxer, I'd go home and go to sleep up, and wake up feeling fine the next day.  Sadly, he never told me what he was using, and no doctor since then has done anything but give me Valium.  Ummm, I don't need to "peace out", I need the muscle spasms to stop, LOL!  I will definitely ask my regular doctor about flexeril, and hope it helps.

Honored Contributor

Frankie executive SZD.jpg

Mews-Day Morning Greetings

Sending out healing prayers and positive

energy to @Sammycat1 and to the rest

of my Schmoo sisters who are in need.

Also sending out healing prayers and

positive energy to sweet Frankie and

to all of the other precious furbabies

who are in need.

Don't know if any of you are in the

path of Iaisis but if you are I hope

that you get through it safe and sound.

I live in the Lower Hudson River Valley

in NYS which is directly in it's path and

we're due to get hit by 2:00 PM.Right now

it's in the Virginia,Marlyland,Delaware area.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@beastielove   Stay safe!  I hope Iaisis doesn't hit hard in your area.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Greetings from the back end of this hurricane!

We got mostly a lot of rain out of it....4 inches of rain in about 3-4 hours. Not good when you live in a flood plain, but survivable. It was moving fast, thank goodness. 

No matter to us here at FOF HQ. She was down at first due to gray skies, but now she's toasting away in sunshine, basting and grooming her fur. She's on a new regimen for the diarrhea. Of course we monitor the litter boxes with bated breath in the hopes that she can make a turnaround.

In the meantime, she recommends that everyone gets some sunshine. It's good for the soul, especially when you're resting your head on 100% cotton flannel baby blankies:

Frankie fortiflora SZD.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:   Greetings to all!  This is the first day in almost two months that it's been below 90 degrees and 3-4 weeks that it didn't punch up into the hundreds.  The storm powerfully blew through here yesterday but left us a parting gift of excessive humidity...a bad hair day for sure!

Frankie has authorized me to share with you her exclusive area of our home office.  Technically, she has a corner office because that's where it's located.

It starts with the most cutting edge appliance...her water fountain. Bookshelves show her studious side. Her lookalike "Pearl" the kitty is seated on one of DH's old gaming chairs and her memory foam wedge is peeking out for her siestas or a mid-afternoon snack. Her scratch "bed" completes the array.

Of course she has more real estate that this photo depicts, including her desktop beds when she feels she needs to more directly supervise us.

Spoiled?  She thinks not:

Frankie fountain office SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@beastielove 

I hope you came through the storm yesterday safely & without too much damage.

If you have a chance, please update us.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Sweet Frankie has her own office haven.  She feels it should be expected after all the difficult health issues she's conquered time after time.

(I don't for a second forget that both you & DH are the ones who are responsible for her care & love that helped her to her throne "in waiting.")

Now, Sweet Frankie wants to know where her throne & crown are?

Little Angel Girl:  I trust you're feeling well & enjoying your sun filled days while chatting with your critter friends?  I wish you once again, pleasant & peacefull dreams tonight.  Hugs being sent your way ... Heart

Regular Contributor

Love Frankie's "home office"! It looks mighty cozy and purrfect for an afternoon siesta after working the morning away.

Here's hoping everyone in Isaias' path fared well and is safe. I'm in Northern NJ so we had lots of trees down and many people have no power. We didn't lose power but did lose our cable and internet for a while. We also had a couple of trees come down in our yard. Thank God they fell in between our and our neighbor's houses. Scared the heck out of me when they fell.

Hope everyone's storm cleanup goes smoothly and back up and running soon!

Love, TrafficDiva

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Hello Schmoosters!

Frankie-town has recovered from the storm--we had mostly tree damage and flooding and interruption of power/cable.  Frankie is unscathed, naturally, and very brave during the high winds and rain slapping at the house.

It got her stirred up, though, and she was ready to swat away at her squirrel on a wand toy. She gave his miserable, threadbare existence and good thrashing:

Frankie warrior SZD.jpg