Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

A very Happy Birthday to Mr. Sammycat.  I hope you had a wonderful day with your family.

@Sammycat1  .. both you & Mr. Sammycat are to be thanked for your loving, dedicated care for Sweet Frankie.

This update is better than I expected .. Thank God. 

Sweet Frankie:  I thought of you often this past weekend & was worried for you.  But, I should always know you're in the best, most capable care of your loving parents.  They always do best by you.

You're so loved Precious Angel Girl.  Wishing you a calm, peaceful & a painless night to enjoy your dreams.  Wake up to a new day tomorrow to talk to & enjoy your critter friends.  They must come to your home each day just to visit you.  Blessings & hugs being sent to you again Sweet Frankie.  HeartHeart 

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Greetings Schmoosters on another scorcher.

DH says thank you to all wished him a happy birthday.  He is one-in-a-million, I keep telling him!

Frankie is OK. We're trying to get her to lose weight slowly to help her joints and overall health. It's impossible to know if the interferon is taking hold yet because we're titrating her up to the full dose--don't need a GI problem, she's got enough of those! So we hope it works.  If it doesn't, we have to try Atopica (cyclosporine--an anti-rejection drug used in people after transplant surgery). Atopica is tougher on the GI system, but it may be her last hope to consistently manage the stomatitis.

So cross your fingers for her. She hid under the bed once yesterday, and that indicates pain.  But she rebounded after extensive sleeping to play like the devil last night--she was jumping, running, the whole bit -- she even jumped over her arch! 

Then she did what Eskimo is doing below; although he tends to take a nap right when the Kitty Sitter wants to launder her bedding:

Eskimo sheets SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Best of luck with the medications.  I hope they work.

Sweet Frankie:  seems as though you had your own gym last night.  You were quite athletic.  You must have tired yourself out & had a nice, restful night sleeping.

Stay well, Precious Angel Girl .. many hugs coming your way again tonight.  Sweet dreams  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Greetings fellow Schmoosters on this first day in more than a week of temps less than 100 degrees. The humidity is crushing, but fear not, Frankie is indoors with cool breezes blowing through her tufties.  She doesn't do "humidity."

Yesterday I wrote the end of Schmoo's book (believe it or not, you don't have to write a book chronologically). This will be easy, I thought. There's enough time and distance now for me to examine this objectively, I thought. I've already written about his passing and aftermath, so I've got this, I thought.

That's the thing about thoughts:  some of them are plain foolish.

The import of his life and the community he started here (or that I started with him) has a staying power that astonishes and humbles me at once. Schmoo is the nexus of our group but also furnishes the tethers that bind us.

And so my love for and memory of my finest teacher overwhelms me to this day. From there springs the tears, happy, smiling tears--always and always:

Schmoo Heaven.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, those precious words ring so true..Our family has been together for such a long time, and we have weathered many a storm together...all thanks to the Precious One..That picture, oh how I would love to cuddle  that Precious boy.  And Oh how I would love to hold my baby J's..Always together, forever and ever..

The j's.jpg

Trusted Contributor

When I attached  a picture of the Double J' sleeping, a picture caught my eye.  It is a picture that is full of what our group is ... Love and Friendship.  This picture was taken in my mom's backyard with sweet Jake.  They were talking to the wolfies, and enjoying pure bliss, each of them.  This is a picture when they were both healthy and full of life.  A  time, I am trying to remember again..My beautiful Mom and sweet Jake..

Picture 020.jpgPicture 021.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

When I attached  a picture of the Double J' sleeping, a picture caught my eye.  It is a picture that is full of what our group is ... Love and Friendship.  This picture was taken in my mom's backyard with sweet Jake.  They were talking to the wolfies, and enjoying pure bliss, each of them.  This is a picture when they were both healthy and full of life.  A  time, I am trying to remember again..My beautiful Mom and sweet Jake..

Picture 020.jpgPicture 021.jpg

@Shop Till you Drop , 

Your pictures here are so precious. Happy memories. 

Thank you for sharing these here. 

We had some rain earlier today. Heavenly. 

Honored Contributor

Awww, he needs his rest. Bedding will just have to wait. Cat Happy

Eskimo sheets SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

ERe: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

My Frankie ladybug, 

Sweet, sweet girl. Heart

Frankie poses with power SZD.jpg

Regular Contributor

Hello to all in Schmooville - I hope everyone is keeping cool and safe!

It's been so hot that everyone decided to come grocery shop and get cool today - all while a bunch of co-workers decided to play hooky. We had lines throughout the store and a shortage of cashiers. What fun.

@Sammycat1 - Schmoo's legacy is one we will all treasure. He did and still does bind us together. I had been away from this thread for a long time and was so happy to find it again, and was warmly welcomed back when I returned. 

@Shop Till you Drop - thank you for sharing your wonderful photos of your mom and the two J's. Those are happy memories to hold on to.

Stay well everyone!

Love, TrafficDiva

PS - happy belated birthday Mr Sammycat!