Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Monday report:   Greetings this Monday morning, all.

@KitTkatHope Junior continues to make improvement and you've found an easy way to get that horribly stanky metronidazole into him more easily.

Frankie has gained too much weight now that she's gone partially back on kibbles.  It's hell moving a kitty from a pre-surgery to post-surgery to maybe-this-will-work-now-that-I-have-no-teeth universe. One diet was mostly soft food; now we're moving back to mostly kibble with soft food "light plates" only a few times a day.  This is fun especially when said kitty must eat a hydrolyzed protein kibble that doesn't use fish as its backbone. And she let us know at 4 a.m. that it was time to get up and figure it all out.

But she's not concerned with such trivial matters herself, as a member of Kitty Royalty. Notice her on her throne, H.R.H. Miss Arch America, complete with Yeooww Catnip green fish-shaped henchman at left:

Frankie Miss Arch America SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie:  Another striking pose today.  You "rock" Little Angel Girl.

Sending you Blessings to stay as healthy as possible.

Pleasant & calming dreams tonight .. & hope you have a wonderful week with lots of chattering with your critter friends.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

Mews-Day Morning Greetings

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,Kitty Sitter

and all of my furbulous Schmoo sisters

a peaceful and pleasant day and hoping

that all is well with each one of you.

Sending out lots of strong healing

prayers and positive energy to all

of the precious and beloved furbabies

who are in need.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters and FOF (really, it's the same club).

Frankie is snoozing away on a sun patch--she's building up energy for when our HVAC gets upgraded on Friday. Lots of strange workmen in and out of her house.  She and I will be sequestered in her favorite room upstairs while DH deals with the work people. 

They're showing up at 7:30am. I complained to DH:  "Frankie and I will still have our hair in curlers then!"  He almost had a hernia laughing.

For today's photo op, DH thought you would enjoy some special effects he created on one of Frankie's photos. I was musing aloud yesterday that I wasn't sure she loved me (DH feeds her, carts her around when it's time for meds, etc.  I give the difficult-to-give meds and work with all medical people on her behalf, including her most recent surgery). 

So he sent me this photo to show that Frankie knows what I'm doing with the caption:  "Frankie loves Mommy."

Maybe she's just looking through rose-colored glasses--or, as you can see, rose-colored hearts:

Frankie loves Mommy special effects SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   So sweet.  I love all of Frankie's pictures that you post. ❤️

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Geezerette, Thank you so much for your very, very kind words.  I know we all have to go through loss and grief and I have had my fair share through the years as well, but this year it was harder than in the past.  I guess losing Mom, and both Joey and Jake  the difference is this time I was  the caregiver, and truthfully all I want to do is continue to take care of them.  In a way I feel somehow I failed them, we went through so much to keep them healthy, happy and or at least as healthy as possible.  But finally, they all had to leave me, the end finally caught up with us.  I pray your moments are the very best possible each and every day. Hugs and Thank you.. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Geezerette, Thank you so much for your very, very kind words.  I know we all have to go through loss and grief and I have had my fair share through the years as well, but this year it was harder than in the past.  I guess losing Mom, and both Joey and Jake  the difference is this time I was  the caregiver, and truthfully all I want to do is continue to take care of them.  In a way I feel somehow I failed them, we went through so much to keep them healthy, happy and or at least as healthy as possible.  But finally, they all had to leave me, the end finally caught up with us.  I pray your moments are the very best possible each and every day. Hugs and Thank you.. 

@Shop Till you Drop 

Dear friend, I had to respond the instant I read this post.  You failed no one, not ever. You were the champion of your Mom, Joey and Jake in a way that few people could begin to muster. You gave them a good quality of life as long as possible, fighting inch by inch. I know if we could interview any one of them, they would say that  although their time on this earth grew short, the joyous experiences knowing your love gave them only grew stronger and stronger. And although their journey takes place in Heaven, it's that same joy they carry with them. Love, your love, eclipses all dimensions and it soars within them still.

May I offer this quote from an author I respect, Annie LaMott: “I have known hell, and I have also known love. Love was bigger.”

No one exemplfies that more than you.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

@Shop Till you Drop 

Dear friend, I had to respond the instant I read this post.  You failed no one, not ever. You were the champion of your Mom, Joey and Jake in a way that few people could begin to muster. You gave them a good quality of life as long as possible, fighting inch by inch. I know if we could interview any one of them, they would say that  although their time on this earth grew short, the joyous experiences knowing your love gave them only grew stronger and stronger. And although their journey takes place in Heaven, it's that same joy they carry with them. Love, your love, eclipses all dimensions and it soars within them still.

May I offer this quote from an author I respect, Annie LaMott: “I have known hell, and I have also known love. Love was bigger.”

No one exemplfies that more than you.

@Shop Till you Drop 

I have to echo @Sammycat1's words.  You did not fail anyone. 

But, I can totally understand why you feel this way.  And it must be natural because I felt--and do still feel to a degree--that way as well.  I'm sure that's one of the many stages of grief, but frankly, I've experienced so many, I have no idea if that's true.  And I don't care.  Each of us feels what we feel and there's no right or wrong experience.

Logically I think we all realize that all life is finite.  But somehow, when it touches us intimately, it's no longer logical.  This may sound strange, but I keep thinking that it was a mistake.  That some day I'll walk in the house and he'll be back sitting in his favorite chair again.  It just has to be a bad dream, that's all. 

Perhaps you feel the way you do because you did act as caretaker to them all.  As long as they were here you had control. And then all of a sudden the control was out of your hands.  

We always want to make sense of things in our life.  To understand.  But sometimes understanding and accepting are two different things.  Try to take it easy on yourself.  I'm sure your mom, Jake and Joey would be the first ones to tell you that you went above and beyond.  And then some.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:   Hello Schmoosters!  The taxes are in the hopper and Frankie has assisted me in working on the chapter in the Schmoo book about @apple1964 's daughter Libby. I may post a snippet here when it's more polished.

In the meantime, Frankie conveys to you photographically the pure exhaustion of tax work and moving some things around for the new HVAC installation on Friday.

Notice "Ben Vereen" to the left, standing watch over her. For newer posters, my friend the Kitty Sitter bought this stuffed cat for Schmoo; it actually danced when you pressed a button. I called it Ben Vereen because it sort of was like a stand-in for Schmoo when he didn't feel up to being Schmoo--and, as you may know, Ben Vereen was an understudy on a Broadway show who had to go on one night, and shot to fame as a result.

It's useful to have a Ben Vereen at the ready when it's all become too much:

Frankie it's all too much SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

That's a very sweet picture @Sammycat1 .

I didn't realize that going on as an understudy was how Ben Vereen found his fame.  That's an interesting story.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau