Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@KitTkat

I'm so very sorry for what both you & Junior are going through.  I'll say a prayer that Junior will get well soon & for you to be comforted.  Such a rough time for you both.  

I'm sending you many comfort hugs & prayers that the Vet will be able to treat him with good results.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

That's so cute!  My kitties do the same thing.  Sometimes I'll leave a pkg. on the floor for a few days for them to either hide or play peek-a-boo.  Then they tire of it.  

Maybe Sweet Frankie was hoping it was a huge catnip toy for herself?  Geez, next thing you know, she'll be getting lessons on the computer & assisting with your Schmoo book.  Mom & kitty daughter together ..

Gotta love that Little Angel Girl .. May you all have a peaceful & pleasant rest of your weekend.  Sweet dreams Frankie  Heart

Trusted Contributor

I didn't think id be able to get back on here tonight. Got a QVC error message that their site was down. Anyway, Junior... big sigh of relief. All of his bloodwork was good. Elevated white blood count, which equals infection. He was diagnosed with a deep colon infection. He has an antibiotic and a probiotic to be given twice a day. He was able to come home with me. When Dr. F told me how dehydrated he was, I expected him to be hospitalized with an IV to get his fluids back up, but she gave him subcutaneous and I'm going to oral water him now that he's home. If he balks too much the vet will give me a subcut kit for home.

He was given cerenia, famotidine, and vitamin b 12 while he was in there and he's already showing signs of improvement.

Thank you all for your prayers. I always seem to over worry when it comes to my kids, but the vomiting and watery diarrhea was scary, especially when he was walking like he hurt, likely caused by the inflammation in his intestine. Hopefully he'll be dancing in the kitchen with me soon. He's my little chef!

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat 

I'm relieved it wasn't something more serious!

Tip:  get the subq kit. You'll get the fluids in more efficiently and with less stress on you both.  If he's that dehydrated, this is easier.

Honored Contributor

I know that's a big relief @KitTkat !  That's great news.  I'm sorry he has an infection though.  I hope the antibiotics and fluids get him back in good shape soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

IMG_1548a.jpg

@KitTkat 

Sending your precious boys

Kipp and Junior lots of healing

prayers and positive energy and

also pray that they recover 100%

ASAP!

(((((HeartKIPP & JUNIORHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat 

That's a huge relief for you that Junior didn't have kidney failure, but a major infection is nothing to sneeze at either.  But it sounds like he is already feeling better so that will allow you to relax, which is always a good thing.

Best wishes and prayers that Junior continues on his path to wellness.  I'm sure he will with you caring for and loving him!❤️🐾

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  and all other Schmoo's and FOF's that might know... Junior is showing more improvement, helping me make lunch today in the kitchen, even last night he showed little interest in the happenings of cooking, which is unlike him. So I'm thankful for that positive side. However. Junior's liquid oral antibiotic, metronidazole, is very bitter and it makes him foam terribly, by the way he sounds, I'm thinking it irritated his nose too. Any tips to make this horrid part of his recovery any easier? I'm going to call the vets office Monday morning and ask them too, but wanted to reach out here for real expertise on medicine giving. I give Duke liquid Prednisolone and although he hates the taste, there's no reaction, so this is new to me. Thanks one and all for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat 

Ask the vet for the metro in pill form. Break it up, cover with a coating of pill pocket stuff and he should eat these "treats."

Or, split pill in half and use a pill gun/shooter. If you hit just right, Junior won't taste it.

Respected Contributor

@KitTkat 

I hope you have better luck with Sweet Junior's meds.  Poor little guy, I'm sending you many comfort hugs & prayers for your wellness.

Sweet Junior:  try not to worry, your loving Mom is doing her best to take good care of you.  I wish you peaceful & happy dreams for you tonight.

I pray you get better so you can enjoy the week ahead.  Heart