Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1  & DH

Please take credit where credit is due .. you've both given Sweet Frankie (& all others before her) much needed care & love.  Thanks to you she's doing better.  Frankie will show you her thanks with much love to you both each day.

Sweet Frankie:  Way to go Little Angel Girl!  I'm so proud of you for having the continued will-power to get thru all of your health obstacles so far.  But, of course, we can't forget who helped get you to this point .. your loving parents & your "most excellent vet."

Bless you & hugs to you .. wishing you sweet & peaceful dreams again.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@beastielove 

.. back at you!  You never cease to amaze me with your thoughtfulness of everyone else (including all furbabies.)

Thank you for your "everyday" kindness.  Heart

@sceniccoast 

(((((HeartSCENICCOASTHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Frankie tough.jpg

Precious Girl...

You have purrfectly purrfected

the "Schmoo expression"!

Your mommy posted many photos

of Schmoo over the years in which

he had the exact same look on his face!

Sending you more healing prayers

and more pawsitive energy.

-------------------------------

Trusted Contributor

Hi Sammie,  I am so happy Frankie had a pretty good appointment!  I agree with your vet, Frankie has not only the best pet parents, but the eye of the tiger from our Precious Schmoo.  I am working in a new mode these days, fake it till you CAN make it again. Everyone has been really worried about me the last few months, with my new normal not going so well.  So while trying to make it each day, I try to find a little of the old me again.  I know someday it will happen, but goodness I long for my crew.  My Joey will be gone a month tomorrow, Lord how I miss that Angel, but my continued prayer is he is with Jakey and Mom in Heaven.  

Have a Blessed Day Friends, hugs to you all Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Hello this day on the 157th anniversary of the second day of the Battle of Gettysburg!  (You know me; I'll be forever immersed in this).

It's eeriely quiet because the re-enactments are not on due to coronavirus. Normally we'd be hearing some cannons booming by now.

Frankie is used to the noise but it still normally would jangle her a bit.  So she is sleeping on her desktop bed at my side, wondering if I really need these Baked Lays chips to write.

Last night she was adorable. She jumped on the bed, insisting on a few kibbles (we got the go-ahead to feed her some). After that, she paraded around a bit then re-joined me and just stared, so I said, "Remember what you used to do when you were a baby?"  And she focused like a laser on the story that I retell her often.

I let her know that when she "was a baby"--actually 3 when we adopted her--she wanted to be on the bed but what also afraid...constantly looking over her shoulder.

And I would sit cross-legged, and point to the sheets among that "knot," and say, "You see this?  This is a kitty nest!  It protects kitties who sleep here."  She'd jump in, nervous at first, then relax and sleep like a baby.

Last night, I said, "Frankie, you've been through a lot.  Do you want to go into the nest like you used to when you were a baby?"

And she hopped in and I let her sleep there for at least an hour, secure that she was all right.  I had to modify it and untangle my legs a bit. She gave me a grumpy stare because she wanted to stay there, exactly the way she started.

So I only got a "3-paw salute," as demonstrated in the photo below.  She kept the fourth paw down because I had to move--a demerit:

Olympic feet.jpg

Valued Contributor

So sweet.
Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  & Sweet Frankie,

Such ((( HeartMommy & Kitty Daughter loveHeart )))

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I love those toes! 💗💗💗💗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

Meow-Day Morning Greetings

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,Kitty Sitter

and all of my dear Schmoo sisters a

very pleasant and peaceful day and

that it marks the beginning of a very

pleasant and peaceful new week.

Sending out healing prayers and positive

energy to those of you and/or to the

members of your families or to your

precious furbabes who are in need.

(((((SCHMOO HUGS)))))

---------------------------------

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings this hot, sticky day in Schmooville!

@Shop Till you Drop  You're not on the clock in your recovery; you will get to a place of peace and comfort at your own pace. Those Double Js and your Mom look down on you with pure love every day and wish nothing more for you than a heart at ease.

We're fighting a battle of the stools with Frankie, so we were quite busy over the weekend with foods and medications, a battle filled with terms like "hydrolyzed proteins."  So we're trying to balance our mouse-killer's diet to keep her in good shape.

A highlight this weekend:  DH and I watched the musical "Hamilton."  Frankie LOVED the hip-hop and show tunes so much that it set off a frenzy of playing like she did when she was younger!  She leaped, tumbled, attacked, batted at prey covered in fur.

Those of you familiar with Hamilton might remember a song, "I'm not throwing away my shot!"

So it goes with Frankie.  She's living out loud every moment that she's got--and not throwing away her shot!:

Frankie game night SZD.jpg