Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 there are a lot of people who just don't understand the depths of love that we show, going to the extremes to help our babies, and in that misunderstanding can cause cruelty. You did the right thing exiting that FB group. They lost a wealth of information and caring in you. We've always got your back here, because we've all gone through various levels of hardship to try to save our fur kids. It's what we do. And when we are doing it, the place to find the comfort, strength and wisdom is in the eyes of Schmoo, that reflect forever in all of our eyes, because we had you to teach us the way of Schmoo.

Glad to know that Frankie's improving.

My mom and I might be adopting a new kid. My sister had a feral cat dumped off at her place and she had kittens. There's a runt that needs extra care. I haven't met the kitten yet so i can't offer my cat expertise, but my sister thinks somethings wrong. My sister has no money for vet bills, so I'm going to offer to take the runt in for a check up, but also to make sure it's not leukemia positive. If he/she is leukemia free, I'll probably bring the kitten home. I'm not gonna say positive if it's a boy or girl, because my sister was back and forth with either or. To me it's an easy look, but I realize not everyone is skilled in determining a young kittens "flavor".

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@KitTkat wrote:

@Tissyanne  my heart had been holding on to you in thought and prayer. I hope you're doing well.🐱❤

@KitTkat , 

Your kindness and prayers means so much to me. I am doing pretty well, except for some anxiety, but I am working on overcoming it. 

@Tissyanne  I'll add the anxiety to my prayers. I'm glad to hear you're doing well despite everything that is going on. I suffer from anxiety from time to time so I understand. God bless you, my friend.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat , 

Thank you. I appreciate you praying for me. 

I hope you have a nice week. 

God bless, you too, my friend. Heart

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie:  collar or no collar, you're still so pretty.  We love seeing your pics.

@Sammycat1 

Everyone here who knows you & DH, know your love, care & BIG HEARTS for your special furbabies. 

Inhumane? .... I've said it before & I'll say it again, you just can't fix stupid!  

Prayers being continued for Sweet Frankie's recovery & may you all have a calm, peaceful evening.  Stay strong.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful to hear that Frankie is eating regularly and wanted to reclaim the downstairs part of your home--that sounds like recovery to me.

Sorry about the viciousness of the Facebook experience. I got a great deal of advice on CRF from a dedicated support website when I was dealing with a cat in the final months of her CRF journey about 20 years ago. But CRF is probably much more common than Frankie's complex of issues, so such a site might not yet exist. It just stinks that people behave that way. The good thing is you know they're jerks. What's heartbreaking is thinking that someone less confident and without your vast experience in dealing with ailing kitties could be bullied into unwise decisions by a group like that.

I have to do a partial recall on Tammy's energy, because it seems the Iron Kitteh has need of a bit herself. Her drooling has recurred, and she hasn't touched her dry food since her first drooling session 10 days ago. That's what tells me she's got a problem, because ordinarily her diet is mainly kibble (Taste of the Wild) and she rarely touches her wet food. Now it's no kibble, all wet. She'll see the vet next week, the soonest they could get her in. Other than the occasional two-inch rope of clear goo, she seems fine.

Hope Frankie's numbers were good today, Super Cat Mom.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday, Day 6 post-op report:  Greetings, Schmoosters and Friends of Frankie. Last night I hit the wall in fatigue and the emotional roller coaster of our situation plus the facebook incident--I apologize for not reporting in before now.

Also, I want to thank you all for your support in light of the upsetting facebook experience. Your words of reassurance washed away the anger and hurt:  @noodleann @sceniccoast @Tissyanne @KitTkat @TrafficDiva @beastielove @newtoallthis @NickNack .

@noodleannI wish they could work Miss Tammy in sooner...sounds like she's got some mouth issues of her own.

Here's the Frankie report.  Liver:  back to normal!  Diabetes:  dropping!  Insulin reduced. Some cats with this get to the point that they no longer need diabetes meds, that's how profound the inflammatory effect of stomatitis is. Throat:  swollen but not inflamed. Plus, her most excellent vet said, "Why, that's a most fashionable collar!" He was pleased given we were less than a week out of the OR. She needs to go back in a week for another blood glucose check.

After a high five at the vet, I should have known better, though. Today, once while eating and once while not eating, she suddenly threw her head back and licked her lips alot--obviously in distress. I almost had a heart attack. And her yawning's increased. (By the way, if a cat's yawning a good bit, chances are they have some sort of mouth or dental problem).

So we have a call into the dental vet to see what's what.

But in the meantime, I thought you'd enjoy a photo of Frankie getting back to some of her happy activities, including watching the turntables of sparklies on JTV:

Frankie JTV SZD.jpg

Regular Contributor

@Sammycat1 - what a most excellent report on Frankie given what she's been through! I'm so glad that a few of her issues are easing up. Here's hoping that her dentall concerns are something simple like food caught where it shouldn't be (kinda like when a human eats a hamburger after getting her wisdom teeth out - not that I would know anything about that). Hopefully the dental vet can shed some light on what's going on and help you ease Frankie's discomfort.

Not to worry about posting late - after everything hitting the fan all at once it's totally understandable. Concentrate on the small victories so that Frankie can model her very fashionable collar on the catwalk (yes, I went there). Given your photo she's already eyeing some bling to accentuate.

Sweet dreams to the House of Frankie  - Team Frankie strong!

Love, TrafficDiva 

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

We always enjoy ALL photos of Sweet Frankie.  Just one look her melts our hearts.  Even with her stylish collar on ...   Heart

Sweet Frankie:  you look like you're enjoying yourself watching TV.  And, you're already on your slumber bed, just in case .. nap time.  Cat Happy

Sleep well & peaceful tonight Precious Angel.  

PS:  as for the yawning, I've been doing a good bit of that myself today Woman Indifferent  

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   It's such good news to hear that Frankie got a good report at her Vet visit!  I can certainly understand your emotional breakdown.  You've been through so much with her and persevered and taken such good care of her.  I hope things will continue to get better for her.

I hope you get some good answers from the Dental Vet today.  I'm continuing to keep all of you in my prayers.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Frankie JTV SZD.jpg

@Sammycat1 

Even though there seems to be

what I am hoping is only a minor

setback with Frankie's mouth

there is also a lot of good news

regarding her recovery with her

liver,her diabetes and her throat.Cat Happy