Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hi Dear Friends,  I have been away a few days and have just caught up on the news.  Sammy, what a whirlwind you and DH are living.  I too am lifting our precious Frankie Girl up in prayer.  My prayers are for the three of you to have comfort and peace and the best pain management for Frankie.  

Thank each of you for your continued prayers for My baby Joey.  He is with me still.  The prednisone which is crucial for his survival is causing his eye sight to get worse each day.  He can see far away a little bit, but nothing up close.  I am watching him like a hawk, because I know how confusing this is for him.  He is still eating and I dont believe he has lost much more weight.  We will see Dr. B on Saturday to get an update.  He sleeps much of the days because the Lymphoma has caused his blood counts to be so low, but he is still eating, drinking and peeing.  His stomach is still a problem and It is causing much pain in  the rear region because of so much loose stool.  We are taking it one day at a time, and I love him to the moon and stars and back again all day  and night long.  Our time is short and soon he will be with his Jakey and Mom, but until that day.  I hold him close and whisper I love you's to him asleep or awake..

Thank each of you for your love and support.  Your prayers continue to give me hope.

Hugs dear friends

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop   I will pray for your Joey, too.  I don't know his entire story but can tell you are a very loving mom to him.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Hi Dear Friends,  I have been away a few days and have just caught up on the news.  Sammy, what a whirlwind you and DH are living.  I too am lifting our precious Frankie Girl up in prayer.  My prayers are for the three of you to have comfort and peace and the best pain management for Frankie.  

Thank each of you for your continued prayers for My baby Joey.  He is with me still.  The prednisone which is crucial for his survival is causing his eye sight to get worse each day.  He can see far away a little bit, but nothing up close.  I am watching him like a hawk, because I know how confusing this is for him.  He is still eating and I dont believe he has lost much more weight.  We will see Dr. B on Saturday to get an update.  He sleeps much of the days because the Lymphoma has caused his blood counts to be so low, but he is still eating,drinking and peeing.  His stomach is still a problem and It is causing much pain in  the rear region because of so much loose stool.  We are taking it one day at a time, and I love him to the moon and stars and back again all day  and night long.  Our time is short and soon he will be with his Jakey and Mom, but until that day.  I hold him close and whisper I love you's to him asleep or awake..

Thank each of you for your love and support.  Your prayers continue to give me hope.

Hugs dear friends

@Shop Till you Drop 

Sending more special prayers and

positive energy to your treasured

boy and more love filled comfort

hugs to the both of you.

(((((HeartSHOP & HER JOEYHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@beastielove 

Your post truly touches my heart with your beautiful message to @Sammycat1 , DH & Sweet Frankie.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop 

I feel so bad for your Sweet Joey & what you're going through.  There's been so much heartbreak here recently.

I wish the best of love, comfort & peace for the remainder of your time with Joey.  When his discomfort is over, he'll be happy to rejoin his brother & mother at the Bridge.  They'll welcome him with open arms.  

Keeping you both in my prayers Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday, Day 1 postop report:  FOF (Friends of Frankie) and Schmoosters all, our girl is improving very slowly. She is eating, drinking, doing #1 and #2 (the four cornerstones of immediate surgery recovery that pet moms evaluate, right?)

Because she had such an exhausting nightmare leading to surgery and she's having some facial swelling in the nose area, I requested the surgeon bump her prednisolone up slightly. She agreed. This will help calm down the ship--this is a debilitatingly painful condition that can go from 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 to lifethreatening in a heartbeat in cats with other inflammatory problems. Like Frankie.

The collar's a huge problem for her; she's having trouble resting with it on--but it's vital.  @NickNack you asked about this. In dental surgery when all the teeth are taken out and inflammatory tissue cut out, the surgeon has to make delicate flaps of healthy tissue to shore up the gaps. One swipe by Frankie just trying to clean her paws...or anything...could undo the whole mix. So two weeks on the collar it is.

We made one exception in the photo below. She needed more deep sleep, so we took the collar off. I'm literally less than a foot from her on the right and DH the same on the left. We can get to her in a flash and strap her back in.

I've always believed that there are more kind, loving people in the world than not. DH and I saw that through Schmoo's journey, in Fay Wray's struggles and now in Frankie's dilemma. You know me and my historian nature--I always think of Lincoln urging us to err on the side of the "better angels of our nature." Those angels in the past 72 hours came out from coast to coast and, though I felt you there, knew you were there, your strong and consistent outpouring humbled DH and I to the core when we needed it most.

Now that I know the initial recovery is 2 to 3 weeks, I'm settling in for the haul. In the meantime, I wanted to thank each of you personally (and you non-posting, heart-giving folks like @grandkidsrgreat , we love you, too!).  Keep in mind, everyone I list below and everyone who hearted but didn't post did so many, many times. There are some for who links to their nic aren't working, so please look for your name. I hope I got you all! Here's in no particular order:

@Shop Till you Dropwith all on your plate in dear Joey's struggles, you rise above your personal pain with enormous strength to prop us up. Amazing always.

@lynne6was7I felt the beams of your prayers and your kitty Kiki's too. That's some big time kitty prayer power.

@AnikaBrodiewe felt you rush in after Alfie's grooming appointment to check back on Frankie and write words of truth, power, compassion and belief. Miracles do happen. You are right, my friend.

@TissyanneSimply stated, steadfast love--always and always, my poetic wingman. Your Ladybug fights well because she feels that love.

@beastieloveKittydom--and our family--know no greater friend than you. You've been there from the start. I felt the NY tribe sending us positive vibes!

@geezeretteYou're right, we did have and in with the Man. And your soft-hearted sense of humor, too. Never leave us.

@sceniccoastWe felt your big heart and bigger hugs and kisses for Frankie across the miles. All Frankie's doctors and caregivers call her sweet, but you didn't have to see her to know it and honor it. 

@NickNackThanks for hanging tough with us--we're so glad you're here with your support. No wonder there's so much in love in you that you're getting your new dog this week. What a lucky stinker she is!

@TrafficDivaWhen the kitchen gets hot, you jump in and cook anyway! Your humor and reference to that Big Orange Fella watching over Frankie touched my heart...as it always has back to the days of the Schmooster.

@noodleannYour prayers from the "camp of 3 cats" made my spirits soar, especially kisses for Frankie from your boy cat and Tammy, "Iron Kitty Lady."

@newtoallthisYour faithful stories of Mr. Tibbs and Tessa and Tripp always inspire. When you said, "Frankie is now in the hands of the one who created her," I cried and smiled at the same time. You are faith, forever.

@Princess SamiJo when you relayed your personal grief and emergence, and Buddy's love of blankies and the Duraflame, I knew there was a kindred spirit like few others out there.

@KitTkatFrom telling Popeye's moving story to saying Frankie's going to need her own book, you touched our hearts, bolstered our spirits and made us smile at many desperate moments.

So here's our girl, having a little respite from her collar confinement to get some extra, quality Zzzzs:

Frankie postop snooze SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Thursday, Day 1 postop report:  FOF (Friends of Frankie) and Schmoosters all, our girl is improving very slowly. She is eating, drinking, doing #1 and #2 (the four cornerstones of immediate surgery recovery that pet moms evaluate, right?)

Because she had such an exhausting nightmare leading to surgery and she's having some facial swelling in the nose area, I requested the surgeon bump her prednisolone up slightly. She agreed. This will help calm down the ship--this is a debilitatingly painful condition that can go from 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 to lifethreatening in a heartbeat in cats with other inflammatory problems. Like Frankie.

The collar's a huge problem for her; she's having trouble resting with it on--but it's vital.  @NickNack you asked about this. In dental surgery when all the teeth are taken out and inflammatory tissue cut out, the surgeon has to make delicate flaps of healthy tissue to shore up the gaps. One swipe by Frankie just trying to clean her paws...or anything...could undo the whole mix. So two weeks on the collar it is.

We made one exception in the photo below. She needed more deep sleep, so we took the collar off. I'm literally less than a foot from her on the right and DH the same on the left. We can get to her in a flash and strap her back in.

I've always believed that there are more kind, loving people in the world than not. DH and I saw that through Schmoo's journey, in Fay Wray's struggles and now in Frankie's dilemma. You know me and my historian nature--I always think of Lincoln urging us to err on the side of the "better angels of our nature." Those angels in the past 72 hours came out from coast to coast and, though I felt you there, knew you were there, your strong and consistent outpouring humbled DH and I to the core when we needed it most.

Now that I know the initial recovery is 2 to 3 weeks, I'm settling in for the haul. In the meantime, I wanted to thank each of you personally (and you non-posting, heart-giving folks like @grandkidsrgreat , we love you, too!).  Keep in mind, everyone I list below and everyone who hearted but didn't post did so many, many times. There are some for who links to their nic aren't working, so please look for your name. I hope I got you all! Here's in no particular order:

@Shop Till you Dropwith all on your plate in dear Joey's struggles, you rise above your personal pain with enormous strength to prop us up. Amazing always.

@lynne6was7I felt the beams of your prayers and your kitty Kiki's too. That's some big time kitty prayer power.

@AnikaBrodiewe felt you rush in after Alfie's grooming appointment to check back on Frankie and write words of truth, power, compassion and belief. Miracles do happen. You are right, my friend.

@TissyanneSimply stated, steadfast love--always and always, my poetic wingman. Your Ladybug fights well because she feels that love.

@beastieloveKittydom--and our family--know no greater friend than you. You've been there from the start. I felt the NY tribe sending us positive vibes!

@geezeretteYou're right, we did have and in with the Man. And your soft-hearted sense of humor, too. Never leave us.

@sceniccoastWe felt your big heart and bigger hugs and kisses for Frankie across the miles. All Frankie's doctors and caregivers call her sweet, but you didn't have to see her to know it and honor it. 

@NickNackThanks for hanging tough with us--we're so glad you're here with your support. No wonder there's so much in love in you that you're getting your new dog this week. What a lucky stinker she is!

@TrafficDivaWhen the kitchen gets hot, you jump in and cook anyway! Your humor and reference to that Big Orange Fella watching over Frankie touched my heart...as it always has back to the days of the Schmooster.

@noodleannYour prayers from the "camp of 3 cats" made my spirits soar, especially kisses for Frankie from your boy cat and Tammy, "Iron Kitty Lady."

@newtoallthisYour faithful stories of Mr. Tibbs and Tessa and Tripp always inspire. When you said, "Frankie is now in the hands of the one who created her," I cried and smiled at the same time. You are faith, forever.

@Princess SamiJo when you relayed your personal grief and emergence, and Buddy's love of blankies and the Duraflame, I knew there was a kindred spirit like few others out there.

@KitTkatFrom telling Popeye's moving story to saying Frankie's going to need her own book, you touched our hearts, bolstered our spirits and made us smile at many desperate moments.

So here's our girl, having a little respite from her collar confinement to get some extra, quality Zzzzs:

Frankie postop snooze SZD.jpg

@Sammycat1 , 

This picture of Frankie Ladybug tells me she is in pure bliss. Surrounded by her family, encircled in love. She is confident, and secure in your abiding love. 

And she is deep dish napping. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   I'm so glad to read that Frankie's slowly improving and is doing #1 and #2 and eating and drinking.  That's all very good news.

I understand completely why she needs the collar now.  Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.  My prayers will continue for her and you and your husband.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shop Till you Drop ,

It is good to hear from you.

I am keeping your Joey close in my prayers, and I know he feels your love each minute of the day. 

I remember well when my last Sugarbear was in the final stages of her life. I stayed close to her, and let her know many times over just how much she meant to me. The happiness, and joy she had brought into my life. I know she understood , and she was able to convey to me that her life had been full of love with me. Even now, three years later, she is with me in my heart.  She will remain here always. 

Joey will always remain in your heart too. 

I pray for brighter days to come for you. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 

She looks great.🥰   And those cat naps will work wonders to get  her back on all fours.  

I hope that things go well tonight for you all so that you and Mr. Sammycat can get more than just a little cat nap yourselves.

❤️🐾🙏