Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@newtoallthis wrote:

@Sammycat1 

Frankie will do better at home. My Mr Tibbs got his hind leg injured terribly once. We never could figure out what had happened. No punctures, no blood, He was inside, outside. I found him at the bottom of the steps. That was as far as he could make it home.

I have never, before or since, heard such agonizing screams. I got him on a bed pillow and could carry him that way. It was a Sunday morning. My vet met me at the animal hospital. He said he could amputate it or try to save it with no guarantee that he could. I said save it! (My son had to drive me. I held him on the pillow in the back seat.)

I had to keep him confined, no jumping up on the bed etc. I bought a large dog kennel with room for him, his bed, litter box, food and water. I took a week off work to stay with him. I made a mountain of pillows on the one side of the bed and he stayed beside me.  I carried him to the litter box and he ate in bed. I did have to confine him to the kennel when I had to go to work. He didn't mind it nearly as much as I did. He healed and was just fine. The vet said there were barely enough ligaments, tendons, nerves etc to attach.  He never even walked with a limp.

I put my faith and trust in God. I'm praying forFrankie's  recovery just as if she were my Tibbs. May God surround you three tonight with love, peace and rest. She's in the hands of the One who created her. He will carry her through this. Love, New💗

@newtoallthis , 

You are a lovely, lovely lady. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I hope the three of you are resting. I can only imagine how tired you all must be. 

You all are in my heart.

Peace, and healing. 

Rest. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

2:30 a.m. eastern time "Frankie" time report:   Well, @Tissyanne we are still up! We're sleeping in shifts.  DH got 2 hours in then I needed to elevate my feet a bit, so he came out and we set to figuring out the Frankie pee and "how to block the stairs" problem. 

We had to figure out the top floor of our townhome. Frankie was inconsolable in our home office.  She wanted her upstairs litter box to be where it normally is...in a concealed area in the hall.  NOT in the home office where she's been sequestered. And she needed more space.

She can't get into the box without the collars ramming into the side, but she can't sleep or drink water in the one from the vet.

So we figure how to create a little area in the hall, moved her traditional litter box back in the hall, and DH  removed her collar so she could get into the box, pee the motherlode of pees, then come back out, get her comfy collar on, crawl on top of her memory foam and rest. She was groaning and uncomfortable because she needed to go and we were frantic to figure the whole thing out.

That poor girl! She needs better pet parents--these broken-down, old models are for the birds. Smiley Happy

I slapped DH back into bed. He's still working from home due to COVID. I'm more flexible in work schedule so he needs his rest then I can pass out when he gets up.

We want to acknowledge each and every one of you for your support--and we will. I'm just sitting here dressed like Carol Burnett as the washerwoman with no shower so I'm coasting on fumes.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   Don't ever say that Frankie needs better pet parents.  You all are the best pet parents she could ever have.  You've done everything for her.

I'm going to ask a really stupid question.  Why does she need the collar?  How would she bother her mouth without one?  I've actually never used a collar on any of my pets, and none of my Vets have ever suggested one.  I know other Vets use them routinely.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Thank you so much Tissyanne!  What a lovely compliment !  Your kindness comes through in all your posts. It's an honor to call you friend! ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Checking in on you this morning. Rest when you can, sleep whe you can, figure it out as you go. 

You are the best mom and dad Frankie could ever hope to have! Everyone knows older models are the best! They're made to last!

I tell Tessa and Tripp all the time they needed a younger Momma that could play more!  This old Momma can not do them justice! 

prayers are continuing all day for Frankie, mom and dad. ❤️

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1, DH & Precious Frankie,

Please have confidence in yourselves.  Frankie would never choose any other pet parents than yourselves.  Believe me, she'll be showing you how much you mean to her as soon as she's able to.

The three of you are all adjusting to her health conditions.  In my heart of hearts, I just know you'll have a plan to see your way through this.  

I hope you're all able to catch up on much needed rest.  I'm sure you'll feel better after that.  You & DH are irreplaceable to your devoted Angel Frankie.

Take care of yourselves and we'll continue sending you our prayers & comfort hugs.   Heart

Respected Contributor

When I went to bed last night, I was thinking about you, @Sammycat1 , and how you and DH would be helping Frankie get through her first post-surgery night. I figured there'd be some difficult moments but that you'd rise to deal with them, just as you did. Frankie needed to pee and you fixed things so she could. It must have felt chaotic, but your respect for her needs and responding to them is what made it work. You may be tired, but you're anything but broken down. Hope you're reading this after some good sleep. Best to DH, too, and kisses for Frankie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Frankie rushmore SZD.jpg

Precious Girl...

Stay strong and keep fighting the

good fight! Sending you my daily dose

of healing prayers and postive energy

and warm comfort hugs to you,your

mommy and your daddy.

(((((HeartFRANKIE.SAMMYCAT & DHHeart)))))

@Sammycat1 

Per your last post...You and DH are

amazing,loving parents.All of us know

this and most importantly...Frankie knows

this in her kitty heart.She also knows

that she was blessed the day that she

became your little girl.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 

The first night will naturally be the worst for you all (hopefully!🤞).  Poor Frankie had had a rough day and was more than likely still groggy and of course, disoriented.  I'll bet she'll be able to deal with her convalescence better as the days go on.  Especially once she starts feeling better.  And you'll be able to establish a routine with her.  You know all this, I know.☺️

She may not quite understand why she can't have access to her usual haunts, but you know she's happy to be home with her mom and dad.  She has a soft spot for washer women, I'm sure.😉