Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@lynne6was7 wrote:
In her recent photos, Frankie's coat is so lovely that you'd never suspect her health issues- a testament to the superb care from her mom and dad. Sending prayers for her upcoming dental consultation and possible surgery. My Kiki had ongoing problems with resorptive lesions. After her latest dental at Christmastime, her vet removed her fangs and she is left with just her little, front top and bottom "nibblers." She is so much happier, healthier, and more comfortable. I hope for the same outcome for Frankie.

@lynne6was7 

One of my cats has FORLS also.  He hides it well, but when he goes off his feed that's the first thing that comes to my mind.  He's had a few teeth removed over the years but thankfully still has most of them left.  He gets a cleaning and check up every year and it's always good news if he doesn't need any teeth pulled.  It's a odd condition--sometimes he goes a few years with no problems, other times he needs a tooth out before his yearly visit.

I'm glad that your Kiki is feeling better.  I think we as humans always pity animals "less than whole", but they don't see themselves like that at all.  All Kiki knows is that she feels better!  😺

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday report:  Greetings fellow Schmoosters and thanks for your steadfast support for our Frankie. While you're at it, please say prayers for Shop Till You Drop's pup, Joey, as he battles cancer.

Today, we got out the St. Francis solar bird bath fountain, ran to our local nursery and bought some flowering plants, and got Frankie's front garden in shape.  She's been inhaling deeply of the fresh air and watching the birds and bugs divebomb her garden. We want to give her her springtime pleasures to the hilt, especially with this surgery coming up.

We must stop the prednisolone Sunday night prior to her Tuesday appointment and surgery. So she'll start to hurt again. Her throat is the worst of it. This stomatitis is awful.

But as @geezerette  says, Frankie's got her love of Captain Kirk--and TV in general--plus her mom and dad to see her through:

Frankie supervisory.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Shoptilyoudrop& Sweet Joey,

I'm so very sorry Joey's not doing better.  My girls & myself will be praying Joey's not in discomfort.  I'm glad you're with him to love & care him during this time.  Blessings being sent to both of you, take care.

@Sammycat1, DH & Sweet Frankie,

Sweet Frankie, just see how much your Mom & Dad love & care for you .. you always come FIRST to them.  

You must have had a joyous afternoon after they planted your garden so you can observe all your outside friends.  You're just such a special Little Angel.

Frankie, I truly hope your pain won't be so bad Sunday evening.  It breaks my heart to know you're suffering.  Your parents are doing everything possible to keep  you calm & not stressed.  Please do your best to drink water & eat some to keep your strength.  My girls & I will keep you & your parents in our prayers, (as always) during this time

Hang in there Little Angel Girl .. you're never far from our hearts.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 @Shop Till You Drop

prayers for Frankie as she goes off her meds. Shop I am praying for your Joey❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

Good morning Schmoo family, 

I have not been awake too long this morning. We slept in, after watching another major thunderstorm roll through here yesterday. I love the rain, but we have had some very large hail for a couple of evenings. 

@Shop Till You Drop, 

I am holding you, and Joey close in my thoughts, and prayers. I hope you feel our love. 

@Sammycat1 , 

The three of you are on my heart as you prepare for surgery on our beloved girl. I know she is in the very best of hands. 

We are with you in spirit, and prayers are going up continually. 

Frankie ladybug. Heart

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this update @Sammycat1 .  I look for them every day.  I continue to keep Frankie in my prayers as well as you and your husband.  I really hope everything goes well and just as planned on Tuesday.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Frankie supervisory.jpg

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,KS

and all of my dear Schmoo sisters

a peaceful and blessed day and that

it marks the beginning of a peaceful

and blessed week.

Sending out more strong healing prayers

and positive energy to Frankie,Joey and

to all of the other precious furbabies who

are in need.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   I am thinking of you, your husband and Frankie today and will be keeping you in my prayers.  I will pray for the oral surgeon and for everything to go well tomorrow.  I hope Frankie will get much needed relief from her pain.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1Family

As you go through this emotional time for your Dear Angel Frankie, I woke up with the 3 of you on my mind.  Feel our (((hugs))) & prayers & best wishes that the surgery tomorrow will bring your Sweet Frankie returning to you with "smiles" & thanking you for helping her.

Special kitty hugs to Sweet Frankie.  You're not lost in my thoughts & prayers.  I pray you stay strong & as pain free as possible.  We all want you to recover quickly so you can begin smiling again & enjoying your days with your Mom & Dad.

Blessings Sweet Dear Angel Frankie,   Heart

Valued Contributor

Please know that all of us here will be with you, your DH and Frankie in spirit on Tuesday as you travel, as you wait, and as Frankie comes through with flying colors.