Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sunday report:   When several people on a feline stomatitis group said this condition can deteriorate fast, they weren't kidding.

Frankie's hurting more today.  She's making those yakking movements with her mouth and occasionally gagging (that's where most of the inflammation is). She probably has resorptive lesions in some teeth. I'm in contact with her vet, who has ordered interferon as a stop-gap and will address her evolving pain medication needs hour by hour. Thank God for him!

Just since last night, she's quit eating her kibble and must have her food fairly soupy now--but at least we can control that. She is involved with the goings-on in the house and has not taken to hiding yet, so that's a very good sign.

She has an appointment for a consult with the veterinary dentist on May 26. Even though she is a high-risk candidate for the full extraction surgery, Frankie has much in her favor:  an extraordinary vet, an extraordinary dental vet, the love and support of friends and family and you...

... and DH and I. No one will be her champion more:

Frankie rushmore 2 SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   This report makes me so sad for Frankie and you and your husband.  I so hope something is able to help her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

This pic of your Sweet Frankie is just so beautiful.  

I'm so sorry to learn of her serious discomfort today.  I'm hoping that since she's able to partake in the goings-on in your home, that it's an encouraging sign.  

Little Angel Girl Frankie, I'm praying for you to feel better.  It's not fair to you having to go thru all this.  Knowing your wonderful Mom & Dad always help to fight the good fight along with you, your chances of feeling better are greater.

Just know I'm still praying for you each day.  I wish I could give you loads of comfort hugs.  I'm wishing you peaceful & pleasant kitty dreams tonight & for you to enjoy the cheery sunshine this week.  May it help you relax with the warmth on your aching body.

Blessings to the @Sammycat1 Family.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Just checked in to see if there was an update on Frankie. So sorry she's having pain, but thank goodness for the extraordinary vet that you have! Glad she's not hiding. That is a good sign. Love this picture of her. Give her a little snuggle from her Aunt New. I'm praying for this girl. 😻

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Hello, Schmoosters.

Frankie is hanging on, although she is having some drool from time to time. Kibble is now out of the question.  Our vet has orderedfeline Interferon for her, to be tried pre-op and post-op against inflammation, and will call us with a new pain regimen to keep her more comfortable until May 26.  Know that she is not suffering--we would never permit it.

Right now, we're all together working in our home office.  Frankie's watching various YouTube videos featuring mice. That's work enough for her!

We've converted her consult-only appointment with the dental vet on Tuesday, the 26th, to a consult + surgery. It's clear now that she needs some major intervention. I learn more by the minute about feline stomatitis if that indeed is what she has (our vet thinks so and talked it over with the dental vet already).

Thanks for your prayers and please keep them coming. Our girl's a fighter and we fight with her.  We have already ordered a stylish collar for if she needs surgery. Notice how good it looks on the model cat, who happens to have Frankie's coloring:

Frankie surgery collar 1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thank you for continuing the updates @Sammycat1 .  It does sound like she needs the surgery.  That's a very stylish (and comfortable looking) collar she'll be able to wear.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

My heart goes out to you as a family.  It's so difficult to see your baby suffering this way.

I'm glad you're able to have the surgery for her early next week so she perhaps will feel better sooner, than later.  

When you place her new collar on her, I bet you'll be able to get another beautiful pose to add to her collection.  Sweet Frankie:  you're such a girly girl.  Heart

Continued prayers & hugs to you,

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Will continue prayers that Frankie will get through this. Love the collar and it would look good on Frankie! Maybe matching face mask for mom! And real men wear pink Mr Sammycat!, one for you too! I know Daddy would do anything for his girl. 
love and prayers Frankie, mom and dad. 💗💓💞

Honored Contributor

Frankie,

You are being lifted up in prayer for healing ladybug. 

Prayers for the doctors attending you. 

Prayers for your parents who love you so very much. 

Prayers for a miracle.

Honored Contributor

Dearest Frankie,  Heart

I am sending mega prayers to heaven for you.  It appears you will have surgery intended to give you a new lease on a renewed quality of life.  Your awesome vet and dental vet has recommended this for you.  Although it scares the bejeebers out of me I know you will have an angel nurse, Mister Schmoo, right beside you through the entire procedure.

You have an awesome mom and dad who adore you and want the very best for you, always and always.  I pray that God will give them the courage and fortitude to guide you through the healing process.  And I love pink and gray together ... outstanding colors.

@Sammycat1 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~