Regular Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@newtoallthis - Tessa and Tripp's photo is priceless! Once in a while our furkids do surprise us. Our timid Moxie has been venturing out of the TV room and into our office a little more often. Maybe Tessa has reached a new tolerance level with Tripp and they can peacefully coexist lol

Take care!

Love, TrafficDiva

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Greetings to all Schmoosters!

@TrafficDiva @newtoallthis and everyone, thanks for anniversary wishes. We both got very lucky to find one another.

@Tissyanne@sceniccoast It's good to hear from you both. Heart

@newtoallthisI feel the Tessa-Tripp relationship is like a mini-series for TV. We could have "Tessa-Tripp:  The Early Days," and "Tessa-Tripp: Tessa Puts Her Paw Down," etc. Smiley Happy

@TrafficDiva  I don't know how you do it with rude customers. Some people are just insane.  Trout fishing season opened here and there were people fishing shoulder-to-shoulder at one lake. No one wearing a mask. A TV reporter interviewed one about it and he said, "We're outside. The wind will blow the virus away."

The verdict is in on Eskimo and Pooh Bear. Eskimo has bronchitis and Pooh Bear has allergic dermatitis which may have some food intolerance components. Kitty Sitter has her hands full.

Frankie is starting to (knock on wood) respond better to her new pain med regimen and her GI motility medication. She felt good enough to climb up into the carpet fort in the photo below near her beloved TV--which she hasn't been able to do for almost a year.

I just hope she didn't order any jewelry from QVC:

Frankie QVC gems SZD.jpg

Valued Contributor

Happy anniversary Sammycat and Mr. Sammycat.

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   Greetings this holiday weekend, Schmoosters!

@rustysmom  thank you for your kind anniversary wishes. Smiley Happy

It's hard, whether you observe Passover or Easter, to be apart from family and friends.  For one, I miss my father so much it hurts, but I know that if I traveled to see him (he's in his 80s), I could inadvertently compromise his health. It's not worth it to assuage my selfish desire to hug him.

Instead, we Zoom and talk often, laugh about Netflix, and I send him pictures of empty grocery store shelves so he can, as he says, "be in the thick of this history." He's a child of the Depression and World War II, and talks about the need to show discipline and exercise patience. "Patience brings us together," he says.

So does love. And faith. And blessings. And resilience.  Hug the ones you love, in person and across the miles.

Our little family wishes yours a splendid holiday.  Note Frankie's kitchen towels, below, with kitties festooned with rabbit ears.  And also see her grooming while resting a paw on her beloved Daddy's hand. This is all the Easter I need:

Frankie easter towel SZD.jpg

Frankie grooming with Daddy SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1, DH & All Schmoosters,

Back at you @Sammycat1 from 2 senior girls, Fluffy & Ginger & our 95 lb. black lab, Connie, along with myself & DH.  Love & Blessings to each & everyone of you on this unusal Easter Weekend.

Tessa must be realizing she needs to reach out to Tripp & try to be best friends.  Now, wouldn't that be nice?  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I wish you could visit your Dad also.  Hugs certainly mean a lot to us.  

When I visit my Mom 5 mins. away, we do it mostly while I stand outside & my Mom on the porch.  However, on Sun. I'll bring both her & my brother-in-law a meal to hopefully enjoy, plus, a little petit dessert cake.

Funny thing today .. as I was on my way to their house to walk their dog, it began to rain, then hail, then sleet, along with blustery winds.  I turned around & came back home & it was still raining & sleeting.  10 minutes later, a bright sun appeared.  Nothing surprises me in NE.

What a very sweet picture of both Frankie & your DH.  Simple pleasures in life mean a lot.

Have a Blessed Easter everyone.

Honored Contributor

Eskimo Pooh Bear resting SZD.jpg

Dear Pooh Bear and Eskimo

Sending the both of you tons

of special healing prayers and

pawsitive energy and hoping that

you'll be feline much better ASAP!

Love,

beastie,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

Woman HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat Happy

(((((POOH BEAR & ESKIMO)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

... and in this house it is.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Easter Sunday report:  Greetings this splendid day, Schmoosters, and thank you for your kind holiday wishes!

The "Easter Bunny," a.k.a. the Mom of Frankie, happened to stroll into her pet store yesterday for some food replenishment. The masked staff gets your food for you, to minimize interaction. While waiting, I looked up.

And on the top of a tall shelf, I saw what appeared to be a mid-century style cat hammock, meant to rest on the floor. It even had a little step for a kitty to climb into the hammock.

Well, the Easter Bunny being the Easter Bunny--a pushover softie--it had to come homefor Frankie. When Fay Wray was with us, she was the bold one to try new toys or beds; Frankie shied from everything new.

So last night, our tentative kitty surprised us. After a first foray that made her turn around, she came back and curled up. She even watches TV from there.

Moral of the story:  Even in tough times, always look up, for surprise and delight may be waiting for you:

Frankie hammock 1 SZD.jpg

Frankie hammock 2 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

I'm glad Sweet Frankie is loving her new hammock. 

The Easter Bunny made a good purchase.Rest comfortably Frankie, you spoiled kitty.  Heart  ... and sweet dreams.