Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Tissyanne  Fantastic news!  Frankie had a bad day of limping, so this skyrocketed my mood 100%.  You're going to beat this; I still have that confident feeling about your health.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I am sending prayers up for our Frankie. Bless her little heart. I love her so. 

Frankie, rest well tonight ladybug. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday report:  Good afternoon, Schmoosters!

Frankie had a rough day yesterday...we think she might have overdone it playing on her own Sunday night (we can tell she's dragged her toys around).  So she got extra pain medicine, within the vet's allowable range, and she's a little better today.

When these orthopedic problems started in her front legs and shoulder, the vet said, "Maybe you should confine her to one floor using a baby gate at the top of the steps."

All three of us looked at each other, then at Frankie on the exam table, then back at one another.

DH and the vet shook their heads simultaneously.  The vet said, "Nothing wrong with those back legs--she's still a jumper."

DH said, "I sense her saying to herself, 'challenge accepted.' "

I sensed her saying, "I hunt mice in real life and squirrels on TV. I'm related to apex predators. Nothing stands in my way!"

That's my girl.  Still a lot of fight in the tank:

Frankie squirrel TV sized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hoping Frankie has a nice warm cozy day full of all the things she loves.

Have a great week Dear Friends...

Trusted Contributor

Tissy, I know the Good Lord is hearing our Prayers as we continue to lift you up my friend. This is very good news.  I pray your treatment plan eases you right to being cancer free.

Hugs dear Friend..

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Wonderful news! You have 

the Schmoo Family Prayer Warriors here to continue to lift you up and cheer you on! Prayers for a quick recovery !

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

prayers continue for Frankie! 

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Your news is very encouraging.  I hope you feel more confident that you're on the path to beating this.  I'm very happy for you.

Best wishes & hugs  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Members of my family also are dealing with arthritis.  I just learned this past weekend my older sister has it in her shoulder from a fall on ice a few years back, which is limiting her use of her arm.  She's strong & will deal with it along with her other illnesses.  

I agree, enjoy the best of life while we can.  I've always felt having a good attitude certainly helps.  And, of course, our pet kids add to our quality of life & happiness.

Sorry to learn Sweet Frankie is under the weather again.  Maybe the dampness is adding to it?  Frankie, your Mom & Dad have you covered!  See how attentive they are already.  No gate for the steps for you.  I don't blame you for wanting to be with your loving Mom & Dad.  And, of course, the mouse & squirrel hunts.  You need to enjoy life too

Blessings being sent to you all .. look ahead for Spring & Summer adventures.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Frankie's got some angels out there, because your kind thoughts have bolstered her.  She is having a better day. Thank you all!

@sceniccoastSorry to hear about your sister. Arthritis is a nightmare. 

@TissyanneHope your follow-up appointments go well. We're with you!

@newtoallthisWe thank you as always for having you in our cheering section. I hope those little fuzzers in your home are doing well.

Frankie is in her afternoon sun patch and would like to show you her peaceful face.  Pain medicine + sun patch = arthritic kitty nirvana:

Frankie 1 30 2020.jpg

Frankie 1 29 2020.jpg