Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Tissyanne 

So glad to hear from you and that you are on the road to recovery!

also glad to know you have good helpers! 

continuing prayers until you are back in your feet! 

You mean a lot to the Schmoo Family! ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1

Yours is a labor of love, writing from the heart.  I can't wait to hold in my hands Schmoo's book. 

p.s.  I love The Road Not Taken. It's so universal, applies to so many of life's choices. Perfection.

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis , 

Thank you for your prayers. I will be seeing another doctor on Thursday, and continue a plan for treatment. 

I hope you, and your kitties have a wonderful weekend. 

The story of your son, and the little dog is so heart warming. Thank you for sharing it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

The Road Not Taken

The fork in the road. I made a choice years ago, and have wondered at times if I had taken that road, what my life would be now. 

No regrets. 

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  I knew I could count on the Schmoo Family, not only to tell me you recognize The Road Not Taken, but that you also told me what it means to you. A major thank you, @newtoallthis @sceniccoast @Tissyanne @Shop Till you Drop @LonestarBabs @grandkidsrgreat .  Also, thanks for your support on this book.  It is indeed a labor of love and it's wringing every last emotion out of me, so it helps to hear your encouragement.

@sceniccoast, I was a newspaper reporter at the start. I moved into public relations in major organizations and up the executive ladder. At the core, though, I have always been a writer. I have always worked independently for individual and sometimes prominent clients. I can't complain at this experience, but I've always yearned to be the "front" person, if that makes sense.

@Shop Till you DropToday I'm thinking of you and your mother, and hoping that you are sharing peaceful time with one another.

@Tissyanne  You better be resting and not gettingi antsy and trying to do things like take down wallpaper--no physical stress right now!  If you're going to stand, stand on our shoulders.

Frankie wishes me to tell all of you that she's doing well on titrating up on her medicine. She is starting to seem more like her frisky self.

Of course naps are part of the "frisk" factor:

Frankie deep dish SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Thank you for the update.  So happy to learn you have family with you.  That speaks volumes when they're there when needed to help out & show their love for you.

I hope this means you're on the road to recovery.  Keep up the great work of gaining strength.   Blessings & prayers being sent to you & your family.

I hope you're able to enjoy the weekend, maybe enjoy the sun outdoors?

Take care & hugs   Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

You have a very impressive background.  Your posts reflect on that.  You're living your "core" self now & I wish you the best of luck & success.  Keep the faith, I'm sure you'll be well supported by many of us here.

How are you & Mr. @Sammycat1 feeling these days?

Sweet Frankie:  just keep on the road to feeling better.  You've got an inner strength that just amazes me how you keep winning these health battles - of course, it wouldn't be without the love & care of you Mom & Dad.  

Little Angel, my 2 sr. girls wanted me to let you know they joined you in nap time.  As a matter of fact, they haven't stopped for most of the day!  It's been a very gray day & started pooring early evening, which makes them want to cozy up even more. 

May the 3 of you share your snores & sweet dreams tonight .. such precious Little Girls.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters this early afternoon!

Frankie's feeling it in her bones, DH and I too--the kind of damp, cold winter day that seeps into you and makes you ache.  Frankie's still titrating up on her additional pain med, and this--combined with the famous kitty duraflame heater--makes her far more comfortable.

Schmoo Family, I must ask for your prayers for @AnikaBrodie , a long-time member of our group.  I read on another forum that her brother suffers from end-stage Alzheimer's disease and she is devastated. Thank you.

@sceniccoastThank you for your very kind words. Our immediate little Schmoo family soldiers on.  We need a welcome mat outside that says, "Come on in to the Land of Arthritis," as we certainly live there.

When a doctor says someone in your family has coronary artery disease, you stop breathing and visualize a ticking time bomb. It's far and away the No. 1 killer of men AND women, but most don't realize that. There's no cure, only management--and manage it we do. 

The key to living with this and other chronic or terminal illnesses:  educate yourself, take advantage of any/all supports and remedies, and, above all--remember to have fun, even the smallest grain of it! Live the life you have, right now, in spite of it all.

That's what a furry purry champagne lion taught me, even as he patrolled for malfeasance in the neighborhood:

Schmoo more investigations.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

Your home sounds so cozy, and full of love. I am glad the famous Duraflame heater is bringing comfort to our Frankie. 

You had the best teacher of all in our Schmoo kitty. We all learned life lessons from him along the way.

I received good news a while ago. Lymph nodes are clear, and tumor margins are too. 

We had a warm sunny day here, but a major cold front is coming late tonight. That Duraflame sounds better and better. 

Take good care to the 3 of you. Precious family. 

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie , 

I am keeping your brother Nelson in my constant thoughts, and prayers . I hope that you can feel all the love, and caring that surrounds you all. 

10937eae4f58783ca1074b99fd8d9ee1.jpg