Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  Hello Schmoosters as we head into the weekend.  DH is working in our home office, readying it for a drafting desk I bought him to do his illustration work. 

How many people can do computer programming and draw and paint as an artist, too? He's so lucky to have left brain and right brain skills at a high level.   

Frankie informs us that she uses her full brain in pursuit of a cat's true aim--to induce us to wait on her forever.  And she has achieved the Nobel Prize at that:

Frankie squirrel TV sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis , 

Thank you for sharing the sweet pictures of Tripp and Tessa. Those two are very blessed to have you. 

I hope your weekend is a good one, Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings this Thanksgiving week, Schmoosters!

Eleven years ago on this forum--originally called "Anything Goes" then "Pet Chat" then its current title--I 'met' a nice woman whose cat was struggling with IBD.  She was beside herself as nothing worked for her kitty girl, who died.

Although she lost her beloved cat, she--and I--gained a great friendship, made stronger over time by our love of all things feline and jewelry.  She was there from the beginning with Schmoo and his dental disasters, chronic pancreatitis and heart failure--always with a kind heart and tears to cry along with me.

She saved so many ferals in New York (Long Island) and rescued that much more. I kidded her that these cats knew what door to knock on, because they knew someone wearing angel's wings lived on the other side.

We never met in person but spent many hours on the phone commiserating and giggling over our families, pets, friends, favorite movies, books...the things friends share. Yesterday she lost a short but valiant battle with pancreatic cancer. 

Of course I'm crushed. But today I'm grateful--grateful that this dear friend fell into my life through this forum. Grateful for DH. For the Kitty Sitter, too. Grateful I had a Schmoo. And a Fay Wray. Grateful I have a Frankie. 

And I'm sure my friend is looking at the photo of Frankie, below, enjoying some fish 'n coral on the TV, and laughing her delight at the spectacle, thankful that my girl can jump up there for the first time in months:

Frankie and fish SZD.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Monday report:  Greetings this Thanksgiving week, Schmoosters!

Eleven years ago on this forum--originally called "Anything Goes" then "Pet Chat" then its current title--I 'met' a nice woman whose cat was struggling with IBD.  She was beside herself as nothing worked for her kitty girl, who died.

Although she lost her beloved cat, she--and I--gained a great friendship, made stronger over time by our love of all things feline and jewelry.  She was there from the beginning with Schmoo and his dental disasters, chronic pancreatitis and heart failure--always with a kind heart and tears to cry along with me.

She saved so many ferals in New York (Long Island) and rescued that much more. I kidded her that these cats knew what door to knock on, because they knew someone wearing angel's wings lived on the other side.

We never met in person but spent many hours on the phone commiserating and giggling over our families, pets, friends, favorite movies, books...the things friends share. Yesterday she lost a short but valiant battle with pancreatic cancer. 

Of course I'm crushed. But today I'm grateful--grateful that this dear friend fell into my life through this forum. Grateful for DH. For the Kitty Sitter, too. Grateful I had a Schmoo. And a Fay Wray. Grateful I have a Frankie. 

And I'm sure my friend is looking at the photo of Frankie, below, enjoying some fish 'n coral on the TV, and laughing her delight at the spectacle, thankful that my girl can jump up there for the first time in months:

Frankie and fish SZD.jpg

Oh Sammycat, I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend.  My heart breaks for you and what you are going through.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and for the family of your dear friend.  Hugs to you my friend.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  The turkey is defrosting in the refrigerator, which signals that it's Frankie's favorite holiday in a few days!

@rustysmom @lynne6was7  thanks for your condolences on my friend.  Proof positive that lasting friendships can be forged through these forums--either online only or in real life.  @lynne6was7 , no this wasn't street angel.  She posted mostly in the jewelry forum and her nic was Gem Girl.  She hasn't posted in a long time.

Frankie has also decided that the only way to build up stamina for black friday is to....sleep in a sun patch (there's one beam of sunlight hitting her mid-body).  Here she is in one of her carpet forts, where she hasn't slept in months--yay! Notice who is "looking" down upon her from the upper left:

Frankie sun patch SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

To the Schmoo family near and far ... Blessings:

Image result for animated thanksgiving cat

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

She looks so comfy.  Mr. Schmoo was such a good looking guy.  Sure do miss him.

Super Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to the Family of Schmoo and all of his fans. Thanks for more information on your friend. I have been wondering if it was anyone I "knew" but I don't remember her. I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes. Friends are friends no matter how they cross our paths. I am so thankful for the friends I've found through Mr. Schmoo. So glad Frankie's health has improved and she's enjoying life again. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I am saddened that your friend has passed away. I remember you talking about her illness a while back. Cancer is such a monster. 

Please accept my deepest condolences.