Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

I love this picture of her.  My Chloe sleeps like that all the time, especially when she is napping with daddy.

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Wednesday report:   Frankie wants to know, where is everyone and what are you up to?

She exhausted herself just thinking about it today--we call this pose, "ballet snoozing:"

Frankie Nov 13 ballet snoozing SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

Dear Frankie, 

I am here, and looking at your precious pictures. You are a beautiful, and blessed lady bug. 

Love you. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:   @Tissyanne @rustysmom , Frankie has informed me that she'll be sleeping part of this afternoon on top of the hamper (where I put a cushy towel featuring cat illustrations) because the tapping of the computer keys is not conducive to her afternoon slumbers.

On the other hand, I have the duraflame in the office.  So maybe she'll peek back in here to have a nap resting on her yeooow catnip banana, as shown below. Note the back crossed legs.  A lady even in slumber:

Frankie 10 11 2019.jpg

Valued Contributor

Love it. (:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Thursday report:   @Tissyanne @rustysmom , Frankie has informed me that she'll be sleeping part of this afternoon on top of the hamper (where I put a cushy towel featuring cat illustrations) because the tapping of the computer keys is not conducive to her afternoon slumbers.

On the other hand, I have the duraflame in the office.  So maybe she'll peek back in here to have a nap resting on her yeooow catnip banana, as shown below. Note the back crossed legs.  A lady even in slumber:

Frankie 10 11 2019.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, my old lady Scottie, Maggie, also loves her Duraflame, even if she isn't sacking out very close to it.  If I don't turn it on, she'll start giving me the full force of her Scottie Disapproving Stare, and I hop right to it, lol.  Gotta keep our girls comfy, don't we?

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Hello this warmer November day, Schmoosters!

Not that this means anything for Frankie.  @CamilleP thanks for your story about Maggie and her deep bond with her Duraflame.  We truly do exist to do their bidding!

Frankie's new kitty heating pad for her joints arrived yesterday.  Normally she is quite suspicious about new cat stuff, so we decided to place it at the base of my recliner.  I think I wrote before that for some mystical reason, she enjoys sleeping on my shoe's insoles (I have orthotics and have to remove the originals), and that's where she's rested.

Inspired by this, we put the heating pad in that location with the insoles on top.  Voila!  Success.  Here she is--snoring to beat the band, by the way, at the base of my chair.  The wood that her back is up against is the elevated platform DH built for my post-knee replacement inability to bend. 

Frankie's made a cocoon of this area.  I'll have to pole vault myself out of the chair from now on.  But that's what God made artificial knees for:

Frankie heating pad Nov 14 2019.jpg

Trusted Contributor

My Trixie Cat loved his heating pad....if it was in a box! Tibbs preferred a heated cat bed. Thomas had no use for either!
I put Tessa in a heated cat bed when she was a itty bitty kitty! I love seeing Frankie resting. She is so well loved Sammycat and DH aka Cat Daddy.
Trusted Contributor

Sweetest Frankie Heart

I've not forgotten about you - never!  I'm so happy you're doing much better.  How could you not after all, with your devoted Mom & Dad providing you with all the love & best care possible for your comforts?

Enjoy the sunshine & watching all the outside critters.  I suppose at this time, you're napping.  Both of my girls are also   Cat Wink

@Sammycat1  & DH, you never cease to amaze me with all you do for your Frankie.  Always going the extra mile for her comfort needs.  You're all wrapped around each others' hearts.  Heart

PS:  I love reading all the other kitty & dog stories - such devoted pet parents out there.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:   Raw and gloomy day--but cozy inside.  Frankie has various Duraflames heated up and her kitty heading pad, too. @newtoallthis I loved reading about how your cat menagerie related to "heated fabulousness" on a variety of mats, boxes and beds.  Smiley Happy

@Tissyanne, Frankie blows you a special smooch.  Just because.  Heart

A positive report from the last two nights--she returned to sleeping on the bed...with me in it!  This hasn't happened since Fay Wray died.  @ScenicMaine perhaps your kind words are true:  that love and good care can overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

It doesn't hurt when you put your paw down on your Daddy and make your demands know, as does Frankie in the blurry "action shot" with her Daddy, below:

Frankie n Daddy Nov 2019 SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Happy Monday to each of you.  Sammy Frankie looks like one happy baby right now with her heated pad and comfy spot.  It warms my heart to see her doing better. Just a quick Mom update.  things are about the same.  We take each day as they come and welcome the next.  Have a Blessed week Dear Friends.  Oh and I cant forget sweet Joey.  My little old man had a spa day over the weekend, so he thinks he is all that and more, which of course he is! Our hearts are still broken and the loss of my Jake is never ending, the pain continues in my heart, but I know he is running with strong legs in Heaven watching over us...