Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

What a beautiful picture, Sammycat, thank you so much for sharing it!  My prayers for everyone in the Schmoo family continue!

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Greetings Schmoosters. Yesterday here in Schmooville, it was 93.  Today, it's 61.  Can anyone really explain this?

@beastielove @CamilleP @ScenicMaine and so many others, thanks for your kind words and prayers.  I have already printed the "Daddy, daughter" photo for safekeeping.

Frankie's having ups and downs, and we're trying a switch on her pain meds.  Pancreatitis can take up to 2 months to resolve, and it's very painful.  It seems the gabapentin isn't doing the trick, so we're going to buprenex. She sees her doctor Saturday for a blood sugar check and, on top of everything else, she's burping! This girl's gastrointestinal tract is a disaster. But she is moving through her home, fighting her way back to health.

Which means drinking from Fay Wray's desktop glass. Naturally. We don't have the heart to move it and Frankie likes it here:

Frankie at Fay Wray's glass.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Dear @Sammycat1 

Not sure I can explain it, but I can relate .. we finally arrived yesterday for our Maine mini-vacation.  The weather has been an absolute roller coaster!

We left Spfld., M in the low 70s, arrived here around 59.  Last night the winds were whistling thru.

Today has been 50s all day, sunny & cloudy.  But, rest assured, I much prefer the cooler weather than the humidity.  We walked the beach this A.M. but I was disappointed my friends, "the sand pipers" were not to be seen.  It's my cheap thrill to watch them.  Oh, well, hopefully, we'll see them tomorrow.

Now, to more importance .. our Dear Sweet Frankie.  She's a fighter for sure!  Bless her little soul, she realizes that both you & DH are fighting the good fight to help her feel better so she doesn't want to disappoint.  She's giving it her best with all the love in her heart for you both.

Sweet Baby Girl Frankie, I'm asking your Mom to please give you a big hug & kiss for me.  Always know, you're in my prayers & I think of you all daily.  Blessings ... and don't forget to "dream happy dreams."

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Good evening, Schmoosters.  Our town is hopping with a national apple harvest festival, a college homecoming, a high school homecoming, a firefighters' national ceremony, a community event that blocks off our town square--and one of the busiest days on our battlefield.

Frankie is doing better.  I was not satisfied with her pain control after reading dozens of veterinary tracts saying buprenex was the pain-control method of choice with severe pancreatitis -- but they weren't giving it to her, instead giving gabapentin.  She had begun hiding again and I could just see the pain in her. So yesterday I put my foot down and demanded the buprenex.

Within one hour, the cat who had been hiding turned into more the cat we've always known...and hasn't been in hiding since. 

Today she supervised DH while he was working from home.  Notice her pose of supervisory indignation.  That's our girl:

Frankie on alert sized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh Sammycat, Good for you. We have to be their advocate, their voice. I pray Frankie has pain free days on the road to recovery. 
Still saying prayers for her , you and DH.

And that is an awesome, beautiful girl sitting there! 

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Your town seems to be a very tight knit community where you all participate.  And I love town squares/commons.

Sweet Frankie, You & your Mom have made my day with you feeling so much better.  Your Mom has been so dilligent with your care.  

So, you're so much healthier now & you're taking over your Dad's job, huh?

Sammycat, I think the vets should be paying you for your advice instead of the other way around.  Thank God you're Frankie's Mom.  Heart

Blessings for you all to have a nice, healthy weekend.  Enjoy,

Frankie:  we all HeartHeart you so much!  Stay strong Baby Girl.

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I saw that QVC had those cat toys for sale today during Carolyn Gracie's Holiday Gifts show.  It was a set of two Hexbugs and a laser toy.  You can watch the video of cats playing with the toys to see if you think Frankie might like them.

Honored Contributor

Frankie on alert sized.jpg

Meow-Day Morning Greetings

@Sammycat1 

You totally rock!Cat Very Happy So

elated that your sweet girl is feline

more like her old self again! Sending

her lots of hugs...please deliver!

(((((HeartFRANKIEHeart)))))

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,Kitty Sitter

and all of my dear Schmoo sisters a

very pleasant,peaceful and blessed day

and that it marks the beginning of a

very pleasant,peaceful and blessed

week.

Sending out more special healing

prayers and positive energy to

those of you and/or to the members

of your families who are in need.

Sending out more special healing

prayers and positive energy to

all of your precious furbabies

who are in need.

(((((GROUP HUG)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  Good morning this rainy October day.  Frankie and I are working from home together.  I have conveyed your smooches and hugs and kisses to her, and she eats them up like catnip.

@CamillePI ordered the hexbugs, but need the vet's permission to try them with her.  The elbow luxation is incredibly painful--many cats require fusion (very painful) or amputation, believe it not, to fix this--and play (with pouncing) may not yet be indicated.

She is doing a little better on the different pain medicine; more like herself.  Her right front elbow is quite painful, though, and she had a laser treatment Saturday that helped.  It's not clear what hurts more:  the healing from the pancreatitis, or the elbow luxation and arthritis.

Rest remains the best medicine, comfortable rest.  We are never fooled by this deep snoozing (as in the photo below, in her new snow leopard bed), for to think it merely sleeping is a mental misstep.  She is turning over the big questions of the day in the tumblers of her mind, you see, and must not be disturbed:

Frankie snow leopard fort sized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

It makes my heart happy to see her resting, God bless this dear sweet girl and her mom and dad!