Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Just checking in Sammie to see how your precious family is doing  today.  I hope your baby girl is back home where she can be loved on and find her safe and comfortable places.  Hugs Dear Friend.

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Greetings Schmoosters, and forgive my delay in a Frankie update.  We've been on a rollercoaster with her the past couple of days.

She was finally discharged last night.  She has been running a fever plus her blood sugar was still wobbling around.  Yesterday morning our poor bear peed in her food bowl and pooped outside of her litter box in her cage.

We brought her home, and she walked with a rickety gait at first (no wonder, she was in that cage almost 24/7 except for her treatments and our twice a day visits). But she slept well--even jumped up on her cushioned hamper and our bed for short spurts--and took her evening medications well.

This morning she did the same, and seemed even stronger, much more herself.  Then at lunchtime, she developed a marked limp (she has arthritis and that bad, back right knee) but this looks to me like neuropathy, which comes and goes until the blood sugar gets stabilized.  She could only take a few steps, then had to rest.

I raced upstairs to change thinking I'd be running her straight back to the vet hospital, but when I came out of the bathroom, she'd jumped up onto her hamper again! But shortly thereafter, she disappeared--going into hiding.  Not until she heard me typing in the home office did she pop out.  Then she promptly jumped up onto my desk using a footstool for help, drank some water and went to sleep on DH's office chair.

So:  she has a followup blood draw on Saturday. But if she starts exhibiting more hind limb trouble, DH and I will take her back to the vet tonight.  There is a supplement called methyl-B12 that helps cats with this hindquarter weakness/pain, but he don't want to give it without the vet's go-ahead.

Thank you for your continued prayers.  Here's a photo taken by me of our girl with DH when we learned she could go home last night.  She was just waiting to have her IV disconnected and her suitcase of home-care meds packed:

Frankie goes home.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I am very glad Frankie is home, and is headed in the right direction, even if it's in fits and starts.  My prayers will continue!

Valued Contributor

Poor Frankie and family, you've had a rough week. I hope you can now have some peace and rest as Frankie is home. Hoping for hasty improvement and no setbacks in Frankie's health.
Honored Contributor

Frankie goes home.jpg

Precious Little Girl...

We're pawsitively ecstatic that

you're back home with your mommy

and your daddy!

Sending you tons more very special

healing prayers and positive energy

and tons more warm comfort hugs to

you,your mommy and your daddy.

Love

beastie,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

(((((FRANKIE,SAMMYCAT & DH)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update to today's earlier report:  we're taking Frankie back in tonight to see about this hindquarter neuropathy. We'll keep you posted.

Trusted Contributor

Praying hard for your girl @Sammycat1 . Praying, praying, praying,

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

My prayers continue for the three of you. Frankie is truly blessed to have such a loving family surrounding her in love. 

Peace. 

Esteemed Contributor

Evening report: well, they're not completely sure.  Her fructosamine (A1C) that came in today shows that she's been a diabetic for awhile.  It may be that this hindquarter wobble could be a result of that and resolve as her blood sugar stabilizes. 

Cats can hide weakness well, and she didn't limp as much in front of the vet as she does at home. 

So she's headed back for a blood sugar check Saturday and we'll see how stable she is, or whether she'll need more insulin.

This is bothering me, though. She's limping badly and it hurts us to see it.

Trusted Contributor

Sweetest Frankie, You Beautiful Baby,

My gosh, you've had a day that's been a trial once again.  I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well this morning. 

You look comforted with your Father.  It's easy to see your Dad has much concern & love for you.    

Did you remember to give both your Mom & Dad hugs & kisses today?  

You're so very lucky your Mom & Dad takes such good care of you.  That's how badly they want you healthy & living a happy life with them at home again.