Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Monday p.m. Report:  DH and I visited Frankie at the hospital. She seemed so thin, but she was much more alert than this morning.  When the vet came in to see us, she brought a bowl of food in to show us, grinning, and said, "Someone ate today!"

Frankie's still on IV fluids and the vet started her on insulin, which only budged her blood sugar a bit.  They'll text again this evening and tomorrow they'll test it again, as well as her liver values. So we'll take it from there, an hour at a time, a day at a time. 

As for pancreatitis, we'll get special blood work and an ultrasound ASAP if she falters again. That blood work goes to one of few labs in the US to process and it takes a few days. That may explain the diabetes onset--or not.  She may also need pancreatic enzymes or digestive enzymes.  

Thank you from the bottom of your hearts for your prayers and positive wishes--and please keep them coming. For now, we're working on liver inflammation and just righting the ship--

And what a beautiful, mischievous, brilliant and loving "ship" she is, pictured here with her Daddy:

IMG_20190907_200548.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Dearest Sweet Frankie,   Heart

I'm very sad to learn you're under the weather again.  

Baby Girl, you're being held so close to my heart & I trust your Vets will provide you with the best medical care & compassion.  You deserve it little girl.  

God is watching over you, so just know you're in good hands.  Sweet Fay Wray's also sending you more prayers & hugs.  

@Sammycat1, DH & Sweet Frankie, you're all in my prayers for Frankie's recovery.  My love & Blessings are being sent to you.   Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Just saw your latest (& more hopeful) news on Sweet Frankie.  Thank you for the update.

I was in shock when I saw the 2 posts today.  It seemed Frankie was getting better.  I truly hope the Vets are able to solve more of her mysteries.

Another beautiful photo of Frankie & DH.  Your family's love is obvious.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi Sweet Frankie,  Please feel our love and prayers coming your way all the way from Texas sweet girl.  Now you need  to get to feeling a little bit better so you can get home quick to your mom and dad.  They miss you terribly and need you home with them to love and to hold.  You take all your meds and eat well.  Hugs and love sweet girl..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday a.m. report:  Yes, I know it's "p.m." already on the east coast, but this is the report for my morning visit with Frankie.

Her blood sugar continues to fall, but it's still not where the vet wants it to be and she wants to keep her overnight again.  I insisted on the FPLI test for pancreatitis, which was sent out for analysis today--because we still don't know for sure what triggered this entire episode.  This should have been done yesterday. In the past, it's been her liver...but this sudden diabetes and finding out what triggered it is a concern and many signs point to the pancreas this time.

I visited with Frankie who is feisty and agitated--and I think the stress of being in there for the convenience of getting her blood sugar monitored is outweighing the cost to her mental state.  I told her that you all love her and are pulling for her, and sang to her to calm her. One of her favorites:  "I believe in you and me" from Whitney Houston.

I did get her to eat for me (she ate overnight, too).  But she meowed A  LOT, and kept looking for her carrier to go home.  It broke my heart. The vet was in surgery, so I only got a report via the tech.  Tonight, DH is coming with me and we'll get the entire story if we have to sit there all night. 

He is 6'4" of Cat Daddy and wants some answers, but Mommy's no slouch, either.  She's a head rest, Cat Champion and soft place to fall, all in one:

Frankie and Mommy sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

Frankie and Mommy sized.jpg

Hang Tough Precious Girl!

Me and my kitties will continue

to be with you,your mommy and

your daddy in spirit and in prayer

24/7 until you're back home again

(hopefully ASAP!) and are 100

purr-cent better.

Love

beastie,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

(((((FRANKIE,SAMMYCAT & DH)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Dear Sweet Frankie,

From the picture your Mommy posted, you just look very content.  It's hard to tell that you're sick & I pray you'll be well soon.

You just have a way at pulling at my heart strings, You Little Lovebug  Heart

My 2 girls, Ginger & Fluffy, both want to be included in sending love & prayers to you also.  Meow Meow 

So glad you're eating a bit.  Please keep  up the good work.  You need your nutrition & water.  We all want to see you back at your home that's so filled with love.

I hope you're putting on a big smile when your Mom & Dad visit you.  Make sure you give them kitty hugs & maybe a lick or two on their faces.

On your Mom's next report, I hope to read more positive news about you.  Until then, please know I'm holding you near & dear to my heart.  With lots of love & prayers to you .......  Heart

Honored Contributor

Frankie, 

I hope you are able to come home very soon. You keep eating, and get stronger. 

You are so loved little kitty. Heart I am praying for you. 

@Sammycat1 , you, and  Mr. Sammycat are in my prayers. I know this is so very difficult. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday p.m. brief report: Frankie still in the hospital and still improving.

@ScenicMaine you cutie you. Frankie looks good in that photo because it was taken last Christmas. She doesn't look that good right now, but she still looks indescribably beautiful to DH and I, because she's still with us despite being one sick kitty. Smiley Happy

More detail tomorrow, dear friends, and thanks for your good wishes for our ailing girl. They are working wonders!

Trusted Contributor

Good morning Sweet Sunshine Frankie,

I wanted to pay you a special visit this early before I head to work. 

My hopes are that you wake up today feeling much better & eager to see your Mom & Dad.  Don't forget to give them both a few hugs & licks.  They'll love that!!

I'm still praying for you to hurry & get better so you can return to your very loving home.  You Mom & Dad miss you dearly.

Sweet Frankie, there's so many of us here praying for your wellness.  We just love you bunches & bunches.  

Hugs & kisses Beautiful Girl,   Heart