Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 , Mr. Sammycat, and Frankie

I hope today is a little brighter for the three of you. You all remain in my thoughts, and prayers. 

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  Hello this hot, muggy day, Schmoosters.  Thank you for your continued posts of support.

Our hearts are at peace with the knowledge that we did all we could--and more--for Fay Wray. We have moved through that particular hell to a place of deep longing to have her among us again.

Our vet--Schmoo's great vet and hers, too--made a generous donation of cat food in Fay Wray's memory and our honor to a local rescue.  And his staff sent a card that so many signed with detailed messages. Other donations have been made in her memory.   She lived.  She mattered. And so we're unafraid to mourn her in keeping with the great place she has in our lives. There are those (not here) who want us to "get on with it already."  Well, bunk to that. The heart heals hurt at its own pace.

We dropped off the text for her memorial paver at the SPCA from which we brought her and Frankie home:

Fay Wray Cat

Forever brave

Forever loved

Forever ours

She is all these qualities and more, as she demonstrated to me one crisp winter morning a few years ago, demanding a snuggle well before my hair was suitable for public consumption:

Fay Wray and Mommy sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

What a treasure. Heart

Valued Contributor

She is beautiful and so are you.

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 what a sweet photo.  Ah, the joy of a kitty snuggle!  There will be holes in our hearts forever for the beloved furbabies we have lost, no matter how long or short a time we had with them.  I feel very sorry for those people who do not understand.  They've never known the true love for a pet and their lives are poorer for it.

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, what a precious picture of you and your beautiful lady.  She was one special Girl and she new it, what a wonderful life she had in your home, she learned what love and care was.  Continued prayers dear friend.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop , 

Hello my friend. I was wanting to ask about your Mom, and how are the two of you doing?  

My brother is flying here tomorrow, and will be here for several days. We are making plans to welcome him home (here) for good in the fall. He will live in our parents home. 

It is very hot here, almost 100 most days. We had a beautiful June with plenty of rain. 

Take good care, 

Tissy

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1Family,

This pic is beautiful of you & Sweet Fay Wray.  @Sammycat1 your smile while holding Fay Wray says a lot about your love for her.  And, Fay Wray is so content in your arms.

You're correct in not listening to the "Naysayers" - speak of Sweet Fay Wray anytime or place you wish.  It's hard not to when you lose your loving furbaby.  We'll "listen" always.  

By the way, while you & DH are busy doting on Sweet Frankie, we always look forward to all of your daily stories on her as well.  

Sweet Frankie:  we love you & hope you'll be back to visit us very soon.  Hugs & Kisses are being sent to you.  I'm hoping you're doing much better.  Heart

Your tribute on Fay Wray's paver is simple, but true to the core.  

Trusted Contributor

Hello Sweet Tissy,  Thank you for asking about us.  Mom is back to what her normal is at this moment.  She has recovered pretty well from the sepsis and kidney failure, to all of her Dr's astonishment.  We take each day as they come and thankful for them all.  I hope you have a wonderful visit with your Brother.  My family is small as well, only me and my brother.  He is helpful, to an extent.  He wants to help, just doesnt know what to do naturually like we do Smiley Happy

Our June was crazy rainy in Dallas and cooler than normal as well.  But boy has that changed, summer is here this week.  The sweltering has started.  Have a great weekend my friend! Hugs...

Honored Contributor

Caturday Morning Greetings

@Sammycat1 

This is such a sweet photo of you

and your precious girl.I do hope

that you have a copy of it framed

and hung in your home.

Sending more special healing hugs

to you,DH and dear Frankie.

(((((SAMMYCAT,DH & FRANKIE)))))