Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 , and Mr. Sammycat, 

Both of you can rest assured that because of your undying love, Fay Wray left this world secure in the knowledge that she was wanted, and loved. She knew the feeling of There Is No Place Like Home. There is no greater gift.

You never failed her, you, in fact, saved her. Imagine how much her clean, soft blankies meant to her. All the sweet love you had was hers to enjoy the last years of her life. She knew. 

All of our hearts are broken today, as we grieve you Fay Wray. You were a beautiful girl kitty, and we will never, ever forget you. You run free now, free from all sickness, and enjoy that warm sunshine, and the fresh, cool water at the pond. 

We love you, forever, and always. Heart

d1422ce9d70d833fb0e501fc88e635ef.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My intellect tells me you're all right, that I did not fail her.  But what hurts the most is I can no longer hold her, massage her petite front paws, bury my nose in her lovely tortie fur and stroke her forehead just so. I'd get up at 2 a.m. for her "snack" of Weruva Asian Fusion wet food for the rest of my life for the privilege of inhabiting the same world as her. 

Fay Wray sunbeams.jpg

@Sammycat1 

Thank you for letting us know

that our expressions of sympathy,

understanding and love have proved to

be a comfort to you and DH.

As I'm writing this I am once

again in tears...they began as soon

as I read the last paragraph (above).

Based my own losses over the years

of a beloved cat,I related to the deep

pain you felt when you realized that it

was no longer going to be possible for you

to hold your precious girl in your arms

anymore and that you'd do anything

to be able to do so again.

Sending more special comfort hugs.

(((((SAMMYCAT & DH)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

Frankie, you are a beautiful girl. 

Frankie June 11 sized.jpg

Beautiful Frankie

I know that you're missing your

cherished sister and that you're

wondering where she is,so me

and my kitties...Samantha,Olivia,

Henry and Jack...are sending you

lots of extra special love filled hugs.

(((((HeartFRANKIEHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Super Contributor

Oh Sammycat, my heart is hurting for you. Such a lucky kitty to have found you and received nothing but the best care and so much love for the end of her earthly life. I have no doubt that she and Mr. Schmoo are comparing notes now and will be waiting patiently for the beautiful reunion when you, DH and her sweet sister join them. Please give Miss Frankie extra loves from me and George. It is still hard for George to be without Annie but thankfully, we still have each other. You and your DH and Frankie are in my prayers. RIP sweet Fay Wray. So sorry!

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Sammycat1 , and Mr. Sammycat, 

Both of you can rest assured that because of your undying love, Fay Wray left this world secure in the knowledge that she was wanted, and loved. She knew the feeling of There Is No Place Like Home. There is no greater gift.

You never failed her, you, in fact, saved her. Imagine how much her clean, soft blankies meant to her. All the sweet love you had was hers to enjoy the last years of her life. She knew. 

All of our hearts are broken today, as we grieve you Fay Wray. You were a beautiful girl kitty, and we will never, ever forget you. You run free now, free from all sickness, and enjoy that warm sunshine, and the fresh, cool water at the pond. 

We love you, forever, and always. Heart

d1422ce9d70d833fb0e501fc88e635ef.jpg

@Tissyanne  that is so beautiful, thank you because it touches my heart too.

Trusted Contributor

Tissy, what bearutiful words..hugs dear friend..Our circle of friends have had a rough couple of years , I Thank the Good Lord for each of you, Such Kind Words, always help a Broken Heart...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 and your DH, too. Thinking of you both on this broken hearted day after, knowing from my past losses the pain that you are feeling. Sometimes I cry more a few days later than during the first few days of grief, sometimes I cant stop crying at all. When my precious Moochie died at 6 months old, I was beyond sobbing, and Moochie's sister Shenade climbed on me and we grieved together, it helped. You are not alone in your grief, you @Sammycat1 and your DH have each other, and together with Frankie and the bond that you share, will grieve as one, and will help each other side by side as the days go forward. And here, on a forum created for the marvelous Mr. Schmoo, we join with you, holding hands, praying, sharing, and knowing that all of our tears are dropped in love and care for you.

There's a difficult journey ahead, for certain, and I know that Fay Wray is in your heart to help guide you through, just as you were there for her to guide her out of the heck hole she came from and into a place of light and love which she'll carry with her forever.

Like Schmoo continues on, Fay Wray will never be forgotten, or far away.

All my love and prayers go out to you.❤❤❤

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Beautifully said.    Heart

Honored Contributor

da80db3224db04abd7284c334ab02519.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  We're a fair mess, the three of us in the House of Schmoo.  We all appreciate everything you're writing and all the graphics you're sending.  We're going to need you holding us up for quite awhile, I'm afraid, because our little girl's leaving us just drilled a major hole into our home and hearts.

Frankie either stays only upstairs, where Fay Wray spent most of the last months of her life, or paces the entire house looking for her "sister." No matter what we do, she is inconsolable.

DH worked from home again but even looking out of the corner of his eye at her desktop beds brought him to tears over and over again. Sometimes I could hear him cry out as he took a break and flipped through Fay Wray photos on his computer. Last night we began our ritual of packing a tote bag full of canned food, food bowls, spoons, zip lock bags, water bowls, bottled water and napkins--and realized, suddenly, painfully, that we only needed 1 water bowl and 1 bottled water. I was up half the night, always turning over, thinking I heard her pad into the room looking for a snack or just needing me to hold her.

At 11 a.m., like clockwork, I started up the stairs to prepare her pain medication, give her the mid-day bath and her snack of "Mid-East Feast," which is grilled tilapia for cats. I almost called in a refill on the powder we sprinkled on her food to keep phosphorus down for her bad kidneys.

I sobbed violent, wracking sobs off and on all day after not even getting dressed until 2 p.m. I kept looking at the clock for the dreaded 2:50 p.m., the time she went to Heaven yesterday. When I got near her beds, I stroked them. I'm not ashamed to say I hugged the little bed I created on ours for her to snug up by our heads all night--as if doing so would bring her back there.

But she's not there to hold, to care for, to treat, to soothe, to bathe, to play with, to anything -- and she will never be again.  And the finality of this immutable fact burns my heart and my mind with no relief. How something as grand as love can be so painful makes no sense to this hurting cat mom.

Yesterday as she faded, I sang to her a little bit--she enjoyed that when she had MRSA and we had to do the nebulizer treatment for her lungs. I had to sing Carpenters tunes and Olivia Newton-John songs to keep her company then. Her favorites:  "Close to You" and "Hopelessly Devoted to You."

Today, alone in sorrow, though, the only song I could sing aloud and hoped she could hear in Heaven was "Amazing Grace" -- as in the photo below, taken by the Kitty Sitter just a few weeks ago.  Note that Fay Wray is basking in outdoor breezes just a foot away from the kitties' St. Francis fountain.

Amazing Grace, indeed. Oh, baby girl, your Mommy will be forever devoted to you:

Fay Wray St Francis sized.jpg