Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammycat, you did NOT fail Fay Wray!  You gave her as much good time on earth as any mortal could have done, and far more than most could have managed, and when her suffering grew too great to bear, you helped ler leave her mortal frame so her spirit could fly free.  We are not given the power to work miracles on this earth, and no matter how hard we try, we cannot make our beloved companions immortal, we can only make every day they have the best it can be, and prevent any suffering, and know that, in the end, we must release them from a failing body, no matter how bad it hurts us to do so.  Please know that all of us here understand your pain, and share it, and are holding you, your DH and sweet Frankie in our hearts as we all grieve a beautiful tortoiseshell kitty who had to leave you far too soon.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1

Love never fails.

I am so sorry for your loss of beautiful, Fay Wray. She made it so much longer than ever expected, she made it this far because of love.

She was sick, but she refused to give up, because of love.

And when it was time for her to go, she went on the wings of love.

Her organs failed, but you did not, her spirit did not and love did not fail, ever.

I wish I could be there with you, to hug you, to cry with you, to pray with you and to comfort you with reassuring words of love, but even though I cannot be there in person, I am here in the Schmoo room, holding you, praying, and crying, as I know our whole family is doing.

God bless you, sweet @Sammycat1 and know that there is a happy, healthy, soaring Fay Wray dancing in the beauty and glory that is eternity.❤❤❤

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm so sorry I missed your post yesterday.  For some reason my computer wouldn't function right.  

Today, my eyes are tearing to learn about Sweet Fay Wray.  I'm definitely keeping Fay Wray in my prayers, as I do each day, along with Sweet Frankie.

Sometimes, we wonder why these illnesses strike such innocent furbabies.  Please give Fay Wray (& Frankie as I'm sure she knows something's not quite right) gentle hugs & a whisper, "I send my love to her."  

Dear Fay Wray:  you're so near & dear to all of our hearts.  We want what's best for you.  I wish you well, Sweet Little Girl.  HeartHeart

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1, DH & Sweet Frankie,

I'm so sorry, I feel like such a fool now.  I just saw your post from this afternoon & I couldn't feel more sad for all of you. 

You, DH & Frankie were Fay Wray's "ROCK" for many wonderful years that she was a member of your family.  Failure is NOT a part of any of you, just remember that.  I know Fay Wray appreciated all of your love, patience, nursing & more.   And, most important, Fay Wray loved you back.

Sweet Angel Fay Wray:  You're in the hands of The Angels & God now .. in the land of so many new friends for you at The Bridge.

Enjoy your life now, free of illness.  Your Mom & Dad wanted the best for you, they loved you that much.   Heart  Heart

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1, I am so very sorry for you, your DH, and Frankie. I know how it is with these pets that come from horrible circumstances - you want them to have more good time on this earth than they had bad. Fay Wray and her sister have been so blessed in their time as part of your family even though Fay Wray's time was too brief. No one in this world could have done more for these sweet girls than you and your DH. Prayers for you as you miss sweet Fay Wray.
Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday night report:  You cannot imagine how much comfort your posts are to DH and I.  We are reading them over and over, and the thing that strikes me the most is how much care you put into writing them.  You have laid your hearts bare to us, and it helps.

Right now I'm sitting in what was Fay Wray's "HQ" -- our home office.  It's here she preferred to be once she became seriously ill in January.  I had two desktop beds for her outfitted with thick, cushioned towels atop with that nubby shearling type fabric rimmed by, of course, 100% cotton flannel blankets. She meandered around the second floor of our home outside the office ... and, miraculously, just two days ago she was able to travel down the stairs and hop up onto my recliner for our afternoon ritual together.

I played "instrumental lullabies" for her on the Amazon echo when she hit a rough patch, and sometimes she and Frankie enjoyed a little Jim Brickman, too. She wasn't supposed to see spring, but she greeted the first chirps of returning birds.  She wasn't supposed to see summer, either, but she enjoyed the first flash of the lightning bugs.

It took the complexity and effort of Army logistics to care for her, but we did it because we wanted no interruption in the love and security she'd come to know under our roof.  If we didn't sleep through the night for almost 7 months, she was more than worth it.  The more love we lavished on her, the stronger she remained.  Her body might have worn out, but her spirit never flagged.

She was the smallest being in our home but she's left the largest imprint, an example of quiet strength and grace I'll never match.  She, like Schmoo, has been my teacher--an elegant one at that. For all the mistreatment hurled her away, she remained trusting in us, ever hopeful that love had finally come her way.

My intellect tells me you're all right, that I did not fail her.  But what hurts the most is I can no longer hold her, massage her petite front paws, bury my nose in her lovely tortie fur and stroke her forehead just so. I'd get up at 2 a.m. for her "snack" of Weruva Asian Fusion wet food for the rest of my life for the privilege of inhabiting the same world as her. 

She brought us nothing but sunbeams of love:

Fay Wray sunbeams.jpg

Respected Contributor

KITTY FW copy 2.jpg

@Sammycat1  and family....I am so sorry. What a great mom and dad you were and family! Your love is never ending and how grateful kitties are to have you and all your love. It was hard for me to come after reading...forgive me. Thank you for allowing me to join everyone, especially Fay Wray on her journey. xoxo (I had to stop crying before I could post this). 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

Sammycat I am so sorry and so sad and trying to type through my tears.I prayed everyday for your girls. Failed her,not a chance. You gave her a happy loving home and time that she wouldn't have had otherwise.I know I have a heart cause it really hurts right now.Prayers for you,your DH and Franke. Sweet Franke hope she will be ok wihtout her sister.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning Sammy,  Just wanted to connect with you this morning.  I thought about you all last night, I know your mind is tired this morning and your heart aches.  I pray that you see two small shadows run by  today, just to let you know all is ok.  Hugs Dear Friend.  Please give sweet Frankie a little tummy rub from me, I know she is missing her sidekick, her sweet sister.

Valued Contributor

Oh Sammycat, I just read this and my heart is breaking for  you.  I am so sorry for your loss but you must not say that you failed her.  You gave her the best of you, more love than she had ever had and she knew how much you loved her.  Saying goodbye is so hard but you did if for her, so she would no longer suffer.  Tears and prayers for you and DH.  Again, I am so very sorry.