Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

it's been a few days since @Sammycat1  has delivered an update. Starting to feel worried. Thinking of you and praying for you and your precious girls. Hope to see you here with us soon. ❤

Honored Contributor

@beastielove , 

I am very glad to know you, and your family are okay. You are a busy, and very devoted to friends, and furry babies. 

You are always missed, because you are part of this nest. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat  and friends, I'm sorry I've been absent these past few days...we're in the middle of a Fay Wray setback. I'll be back tomorrow (Wednesday).

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  Praying for Fay Wray❤

Honored Contributor

Prayers for Fay Wray, and her family.
Valued Contributor

Prayers.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Prayers for Fay Wray and you and DH.  I'm so sorry for her setback.  Pets to Frankie too.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

Praying for your precious baby

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Greetings this Wednesday, Schmoo family.

We had quite an episode with Fay Wray. She had what vets call a "failure to thrive" for several days, then had a huge coughing episode, reminiscent of our Sophie, who did the same thing the day she died. It was a congestive cough so rough she sounded like a human with the deep hacking of bronchitis, and she extended her neck forward while coughing.

checked the color of her gums and her flaps -- a gray with just the start of a bit of blue. Based on Schmoo's cardiac crashes, I figured she was slipping into congestive heart failure.The emergency vet is for us almost an hour away; she didn't have an hour.

We did what we had to do (we have an "emergency kit" for such an episode) and she rebounded slowly at first and now today, rough but improving.

I want to respond to all of your earlier replies after a good night's sleep.  Thanks for your prayers today.  I know they are helping.

Just like my first feline teacher in Congestive Heart Failure 101. He taught me everything I know, and then some:

Schmoo angel face 2.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 , 

Mr. Schmoo continues to teach, and contribute even now. I am saddened that Fay Wray has had such a rough time, but she surely is in the very best of hands with you, and Mr. Sammycat. 

She is like the energizer bunny. 

Cat Happy

Prayers for each one of you in this little family.