Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

980fa7abb4071d50d49e1f6636319cf2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Here's hoping everyone had a relaxing day enjoying Moms, being Moms and remembering Moms.

DH (with Frankie and Fay Wray's help, naturally) cooked me a wonderful dinner and did all the laundry and household chores. The kitties also presented me with a gemstone bracelet of hearts in pastel shades and a pair of white gold earrings. The best part is that I have them with me:

Fay Wray with Daddy sized.jpgFrankie eating sized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Monday Dear Friends, I thought of each of you this weekend knowing it was your First Mother's Day  without your Mom's, and I pray  that each of you Sammy, Tissy and BJ could find a tiny bit of comfort in your precious memories.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful moments with your Mom's toward the end.  I am blessed that Mom is still with me.  She is a tiny shell of a women now, living day to day, but each day  to the fullest she can muster.  My Mom (and Dad) did give me an idealic life.  I know everyday her love for me from the day I was born until today, and that no matter what, she is proud of me. I dont take this for granted each family is so differnet for so many reasons.  Nothing is ever perfect, but in my mind we have always been  the perfect unit, working hand in hand to take care of each other.  Someday soon that one hand will be empty and I dread that thought, but for now, I hold her hand each day and we make it through the very best we  can. 

Being a pet Mom, I missed my Dear Jake terribly yesterday.  I held Joey and shed some tears, but tried to wipe them away and remember 16 years of joyful happy days we had together.

Have the best week possible dears friends...A warm hug being sent to each of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Greetings from the land of nor'easters, Schmoosters.  We've never had to turn the heat on in May--or wear sweaters, for that matter.

@Shop Till you Drop, I felt the deep love you have for your mother and your boy Jake, and wish I could wipe away your tears.  I'll try to lighten your heart a bit with today's post.

Lately, Frankie's been feeling like she's not getting her share of attention, given all the procedures, etc., Fay Wray must undergo.  Sometimes when life gets to her--or she misses me--she goes into an area I created on our bed called "the Grand Canyon."

The Canyon is a rumpled, deep abyss of comfort created by bed blankets, nubby blankies--sometimes even a T-shirt--that she can sink herself into and snooze in contentment. Often only an ear tip is visible from the bedroom door. She's enveloped by bliss and I love nothing more than seeing her so...except the happiness I get when I dive beside her and give her an intensive snuggle and hug.

Where's your Grand Canyon?

Frankie grand canyon.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Now that looks like one soft, comfy place to land!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Where is the Schmoo family?

Inquiring minds want to know how you're doing:

Schmoo general 2.jpg

Respected Contributor

Well, locationally, I live in Western Oregon, between the Cascade and Coast ranges.  How I'm doing?  Okay, still looking for a doggie sister for my Scottie boy, Johnny.  I related the sad tale of his one-day brother, Fergus, in the "Looking for a new Yorkie" topic (I think that was the topic title), but to review shortly, I adopted a 6 year old Scottie boy from a local humane society who was not, as everyone assumed, thin from living rough on the streets for a while, but instead in end-stage, terminal liver failure.  I brought Fergus home on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday night we admitted him to the local emergency vet clinic, and despite every effort they made, he continued to worsen so badly that we sent him over the Rainbow Bridge on Saturday morning.  He was a very sweet, totally perfect (tempermentally, if not physically) Scottie boy who I hoped to have with me for another 6 years, and we didn't even get 6 days, he only lived with me for one day, and spent the rest of his shortened life in the hospital.  It was a heartbreaking blow, I am grieving still, more than a month later, and I know I will never get over the terrible unfairness of what happened to poor Fergus, his previous owners clearly did not take good care of him, and the humane society probably made his worse by pumping him full of toxic chemicals when he was clearly debilitated and not doing good and complete vetting before putting him up for adoption.  Anyway, since you asked, that's how I'm doing.  Johnny Scottie is very relieved that the work crew that tore off our old roof and put on a new one are done and gone again, he did NOT like the thumping, banging, bumping and clumping of heavy work boots above his head!

Honored Contributor

Dear Schmoo family, 

I am here. I was just thinking about that grand canyon picture. Such a happy place for Frankie, and you @Sammycat1 . Cat Happy

You have the most unique places that are so warm, and fuzzy for your wooby babies. I know they are very secure, and can imagine how important they feel, and we know that the past was not this way for them. 

You, and Mr. Sammycat have opened your hearts, and your home to those most vulnerable, and in great need. 

They feel the love, and each one has felt the I am special feeling. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop , 

I am glad you are still able to enjoy being with your Mom, and I keep both of you close in my thoughts, and prayers every day. 

I know each day is one to treasure. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone.

Camille P I am so sorry for your loss. So very heartbreaking.Life can be so cruel sometimes.

Shop your Mothers Day post brought me to tears.I'm so glad your Mom is still with you but its so hard on you both watching her endure so much. It was a very hard Mothers Day.

Sammycat i love your pictures,they always make me smile. You had asked my diagnosis with my spine. My MRI was postponed to next Tues unfortunatley.Its been quite a while since my last but I have basically all you have. From my neck down all herniated and calciified and there is also a fractured disc.My legs give way sometimes when walking. Its due to all my issues that surgery isn't an option.I have many including a tumor on my adrenal gland which makes surgery difficut.Have the shots you had helped you? I hope so.Hope Fay Wray is doing better na dif she need help in the poo dept let me know.

What a sweet picture of Frankie.They have come a long way and its so wonderful to see how trusting they are now and know what its like to be loved.

TIssyanne hope you are doing ok and wishing you luck with your test.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!