Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sunday report:  Welcome to a gently raining day in Schmooville--the kind of day that brings out the already greened trees into an intense, bright emerald glow.  We've made the journey from winter straight to summer on this "Cinco de Meow" Day as @beastielove writes.

Fay Wray had a decent check up with the vet of Schmoo. Her heart rate has dropped 20 beats per minute, she has a little less lung rattling. Her diabetes is well controlled and her kidney failure hasn't gotten worse.

So we have some meds for her nebulizer to clear up some lung wheezing and, after that, a new and milder pill to add to her heart disease regimen.  She was a brave kitty indeed!  Today she is relaxing to the instrumental tunes of Tim Janis in our home office while contemplating a #2.

Beauty Junkie, if you're reading, please compose a poo-inducing tune--if only in prayer form--for our dear backed-up little lady.

I continue writing Schmoo's book--an emotional rollercoaster of sobs and belly laughs alike.  And DH is programming my "author" web site where, over time, you'll get a peek at what else I'm doing and be able to comment, too!

In the meantime, I wish peace, good health and comfort to all in the world of Schmoo:

Schmoo after dinner nap.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, It sounds like you had a little smooth landing at the vet's office.  I hope this week is the best possible.

Have a good week Dear Friends, Hugs to each of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Tissyeanne praying for you everyday and hope you are feeling better and everything will be fine.

Sammycat I am going to do my best but am a little rusty. lol

Sung to Jingle Bells

Dashing to your box with a poopie on its way,oh how good you'll feel and you'll make your Mommys day

Oh poopie doo poopie doo

I know it on its way oh

just go  give a healthy push

hope its firm and isn't mush 

and it will be a happy day!!

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings this Monday evening, Schmoosters.

Fay Wray continues to hold her own, but I wish we could get her breathing and energy better.  We are trying several things recommended by her vet.  So far, a bust.  But--it's always an exercise in patience, in trying one thing at a time to make her feel better.  So we soldier on.

@beauty junkie, I'm happy to announce that you have NOT lost your touch on the poo tunes!  Within one hour of me singing your lastest installment, Miss Fay Wray pranced right up to the box and did the deed.  Her colon thanks you!

(For newer posters:  when Schmoo got constipated--and this plagues cats with various illnesses--Beauty Junkie started an informal poo tune contest on the theory that if danced to her music, his pipes would get moving.  Others joined in and I have to say, it was very successful!)

I don't know if she's available for human back-ups, but @beauty junkie knows how to get the pets "feelin' good" again:

Schmoo good lookin' 2.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beauty junkie wrote:

Hi everyone. Tissyeanne praying for you everyday and hope you are feeling better and everything will be fine.

Sammycat I am going to do my best but am a little rusty. lol

Sung to Jingle Bells

Dashing to your box with a poopie on its way,oh how good you'll feel and you'll make your Mommys day

Oh poopie doo poopie doo

I know it on its way oh

just go  give a healthy push

hope its firm and isn't mush 

and it will be a happy day!!

@beauty junkie 

Your "poo jingles" still rock and

I'm giving this gem two paws up!!!Cat LOL

Sending you more healing prayers

and positive energy and lots of love

filled hugs to you and your purrcious

girls...Cookie and Goldie.

(((((HeartBEAUTY & COOKIE & GOLDIEHeart)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

BJ- I must say your tune brightened my morning, you have not lost your touch!

Respected Contributor

SCHMOOOOOOOO  I LOVE YOU...OOOOOOOO. 

Ginger KiddenCats ROCK.

They are so kind, patient, sweet, generous and lovely.   

Have known only one, and he was all of the above and then some.  

He was an alley cat I named CremeSickle.  A true sweetpea.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Glad to see Sweet Fay Wray had an OK checkup.  I still think of your precious girls every day.

We shared your rain here in W. MA.

Trusted Contributor

@beauty junkie 

Chuckle .. nice job.  Sweet Fay Wray appreciates it.

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I am glad FayWray is holding her own, and hope she can start to get a little better soon!  My prayers go up every day for all of the family of Schmoo facing challenges.