Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Happy Wednesday Dear Friends, I hope everyone is doing as well as possible. My Baby "J" (sweet Joey) wanted to say a little Hello today.  20190501_112310.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Sending special Prayers up for our Dear Tissyanne...I pray your Dr's get you feeling bette very soon and all your testing process goes quickly and smoothly...Hugs Dear Friend.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  It's good to see from the other thread in "Among Friends" that our @Tissyanne has an appointment for June 4 for diagnostics. Dear friend, we hope you continue to sleep better at night.  Believe me, I understand, having gone through about a year and a half of doctors who say "I don't know what this is."  After your appointment, they will know at the very least what it is not

@Shop Till you Dropthat pic of Joey made me swoon.  He is a great cavalier, a noble gentleman, and I'd love nothing more than to scruffle that fur.

@ScenicMainethank you for your calming words.  This is rodeo #3 in the advanced heart disease for us, but we remain optimistic.  Fay Wray's vet pulled her off of some of cardiac medicine today because it made her too out of it. Her rattling breathing (rales) is still with her, though.

For May Day today, we had some "Mommy-Fay Wray" time.  Frankie was busy chattering at bunnies in the back yard and couldn't report for a photo session:

Fay Wray May 1 2019.jpg

Honored Contributor

Dear Everyone,

Thank you each one for all the prayers, and kind words. They mean the world to me, truly.  My heart overflows with gratitude. Heart

@Sammycat1 , 

The pictures of you with Fay Wray depict such deep love. She is very confident, and secure in her home. Such a sweet love story for her. Cat Happy

Frankie chattering at bunnies also tells me that she is experiencing the joys of feeling love, and security in her home. Cat Happy

Home Sweet Home. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop , 

Your Joey is adorable. Thank,you for sharing him with us. Heart

I am keeping your Mom and you in my prayers dear friend. Thank you for remembering me in yours. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Fay Wray's a little better today with one cardiac medicine removed from her regimen, but she is still off a little.  We will check in with her most excellent vet on Saturday to see what he thinks when he listens to her ticker.

I dipped into Schmoo's memory chest hunting the stethoscope I used so many times to listen to his failing heart. I never thought I'd use it again, but, here we are.  Just touching it made tears flood my eyes all these years later.

The champagne lion let me listen away, goading me to even finding his heart in the first place.  I remember well my frustration in finding it--then being able to count the beats correctly.  A cat's heart, even a normal one, beats so much faster than that of a human.

Tonight I'll do again what Schmoo's vet taught me to do so well, so many years ago:  Close my eyes to hear it best.  Funny how shutting down one sense makes another sharper.

Wish me luck tonight when I search for Fay Wray's heart.  I hope my Schmoo taught me well:

Schmoo burgundy carpet fort posing 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

The Precious One taught you well.  Close your eyes, Mister Schmoo will help you through.

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  @Shop Till you Drop , thank you for such kind words.  Fay Wray will not allow any such kerfluffery as taking her heart rate right now (plus she does do the infamous Schmoo "heart rate" block by starting to purr).  So we'll see what the vet says tomorrow.

I don't know, friends.  Schmoo started with heart failure and added a heap of other illnesses as he went, from kidney failure to hyperT.  Fay Wray has started with kidney failure then developed heart problems. It matters in the way they're treated, believe it or not, which organ failure is driving the bus.

We'll just have to see what the vet of Schmoo says:

Schmoo Christma 2012 supervision 1.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

How'd the vet of Schmoo feel about Sweet Fay Wray's health?  Hopefully, it's still treatable & hasn't worsened.

Sending both Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie prayers & hugs.  & to continue to be best friends/sisters.

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

HAPPY CINCO DE MEOW!!

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and all

of my dear Schmoo sisters a very

peaceful,pleasant and blessed day.

Sending more special healing prayers

and positive energy to those of you,

or to the members of your families

or to your beloved furbabies who are

in need.