Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammycat thank you for telling us about TIssyanne.I may not be here that often but do pary for all of you daily.

Tissyanne I so hope you feel better soon.

The kitty pics are adorable. Looking at cats helps everyone feel better.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newtoallthis wrote:

@Tissyanne 

Saying prayers for you! ❤️🙏🏻 I just took this picture and thought it may make you smile !  

I never thought I’d see the day! C19B40A8-8F9C-4E87-B8AA-65B6DED14991.jpeg

@newtoallthis 

Absolutely purr-cious! Proof that

meow-acles  still do happen! HeartHeart

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

Praying for you Tissyanne.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Tissy,  My thoughts are with you and I pray your appointment goes well and you feel better very soon.  Life has pushed you through alot lately.  You need a break dear Friend. Hugs.

Super Contributor

@Tissyanne  You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping your appointment goes well and that you feel much better soon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:   Seeing so many of you offering our own @Tissyanne prayers and good wishes for her doctor's appointment tomorrow and an end to her discomfort did my heart good.

So did seeing @newtoallthis's picture of enhanced "diplomatic relations" in the house that Mr. Tibbs built.  Amazing!  And hearing from @beauty junkie and @grandkidsrgreat who normally are more in the background than the foreground made me smile.

I needed it.

Recently I shared with you some symptoms Fay Wray's been exhibiting...symptoms subtle as a whisper. Lying down after walking down or up the steps--but not always. Having audible breathing after eating her soft food--but not always. Acting like a slow-moving rocking chair when seated.

While doing an ultrasound primarily hunting for kidney- and gut-related problems, the radiologist detected mild cardiomyopathy that didn't merit treatment. But this just bothered me. The symptoms were slowly becoming a louder whisper. She seemed heavier, the rattled breathing, worse. She ate well, seemed brighter.  Still. The Mommy radar was on full alert.

Time to visit the #1 vet of Schmoo, I decided, which we did today. He did another X-ray and conducted a BNP test, that, unlike imaging, leaves no doubt about the presence or extent of heart disease or failure.

Today she had fluid in her, and the BNP showed more extensive heart disease than thought. "Good call," the vet of Schmoo said. "You knew it. We're catching this closer to the front end, let's hope."

Forgive me for prattling on, but I've never been more upset to be correct and need to talk aloud to those familiar with our epic Schmoo battle. On a smaller scale, it transported me straight back to December 2010 when I found out a certain champagne lion had days to live, his heart failure was so bad.

The word "sweet" is overused today, but it truly describes Fay Wray's demeanor--so say all who meet her. It's not fair that such a demure little lady have so many serious health battles in one life.

Toward the end of his life, Schmoo was the first cat in the vet's practice to take one of the medicines that Fay Wray is on today. Originally intended for dogs only, it was cutting edge then--a risk to see if it helped cats, too. Schmoo had no more options left nearly three years into his heart failure, though, so we took the risk--and he became the trailblazer yet again. Fay Wray's had her first dose and she's flat as a pancake.

When DH wanted to adopt Fay Wray and Frankie, I told him the thing I feared the most:  organ failure in either or both of the girls. The things I fear the most have hit both of them--and Fay Wray, twice.

I work in history and it's said history repeats itself.  I'd hoped in our little girl's case, that would be wrong. Here she is comforting her beaten-up old Mommy after the first day back on the job.  Whose heart is truly stronger? 

Fay Wray Mommy sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

Fay Wray Mommy sized.jpg

Sweet Precious Girl...

Sending you tons more very special

prayers and positive energy and sending

more comfort hugs to you,your Mommy,

your Daddy and your sister.

(((((FAY WRAY,SAMMYCAT,DH & FRANKIE)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, Fay Wray looks totally at peace resting with her Mommy, and she knows all is good in the world when she is with her beloved family.  Your sense is so strong of what is right and wrong with your babies.  Continued prayers that this medicine helps to relieve her heart condtion and the discomfort that goes with it.  As we always say, these are Blessed girls to be living in the Home of Schmoo.  Hugs Dear Friend...

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Fay Wray and Frankie scolded me for being so detailed in my doom yesterday, so they're forcing me at paw point to post a photo of their new placemat.

They call it "Purr-maids:"

Mermaid placemat.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm so sorry Sweet Fay Wray isn't doing well now.  My heart goes out to Fay, Frankie, you & DH.  I pray the love you all share will see you thru this health issue with Fay Wray again.

Precious Fay Wray - I hope you can show us your inner strength to overcome your heart problem.  I enjoy seeing reports of yours & Frankie's daily activities & your beautiful pics.  

Sending you loving wishes and prayers for you to be able to enjoy your days comfortably again with your family.

@Sammycat1 

Thank you for your alertness to both Fay Wray's & Frankie's health.  There's a reason why you & DH are their parents.