Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Saturday report:  Thanks to all for your special thoughts, remembrances and sentiments. They are poetry for the soul.

Below is the last photo taken of Schmoo. Love lives on, for it knows no other way:

April 18 2013.jpg

Honored Contributor

April 18 2013.jpg

Sunday Morning Greetings

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and

all of my cherished Schmoo sisters

a very peaceful and blessed day.

Sending more special healing prayers

and positive energy to those of you,or

to the members of your families,or

to your beloved furbabes who are in need.

(((((HeartANGEL SCHMOO HUGSHeart)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, your last photo of The Precious one is just that, Precious.  What a mighty fine boy he was right up until the end of time on this Earth.  Have a Blessed week friends.

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Today I'm working on my author website (you will be able to take a peek soon...of course "you-know-Schmoo" will be featured on it.)  I can feel his hot breath on my neck telling me to get on with finishing his book already! (see photo below) 

My thoughts ran to @grandkidsrgreat and ShyAnnie, hoping that she is coping as best as can be.  The very afternoon that Schmoo passed away, she sent me a post--and, like many from all of you, it gave me great comfort. I hope she can apply the wisdom in this message to herself now--here's a part of it:

"You have been such a wonderful example to me with your love and devoted care of Schmoo Bear. He was a lucky kitty to have you and you were very lucky to have found him. I doubt if there was ever a kitty so loved. He will be missed by all of his extended family here and I can only imagine how empty your home and hearts must be now. I will continue to pray for your comfort at this awful time. You did the bravest and hardest thing a pet parent has to do and Mr. Schmoo felt your love until the very end. RIP sweet Schmoo Bear. So sorry. Bless you!"

That Schmoo Bear, pulling us together like a magnet, still:

Schmoo and Mommy hair.jpg

Valued Contributor

A beautiful boy, our Mr. Schmoo.  Love his expression in this photo.

Super Contributor

Aww Sammycat. Thank you for thinking of me and my sweet girl. Her ashes are home with me now on a special shelf in my bedroom devoted to her and others who have passed on. George and I are getting used to our new normal. He seems very confused and I've been showering him with extra attention so he'll know we'll be OK. Mr. Schmoo was a miracle worker to bring together so many friends who would never have had the opportunity to meet. I consider my Schmoo friends some of my best friends. They are certainly the most understanding at times like this. I have a feeling Schmoo Bear is showing Annie around at the Bridge and they are both waiting patiently for their people to get there.Take care my friend.

Trusted Contributor

Love that picture of Schmoo, he says I got this and you know it!

Trusted Contributor

@grandkidsrgreat 

I'm very sorry I didn't offer you my condolences sooner after your Sweet Annie passed.  No excuses, just hanging my head in shame.

I offer you my hugs & prayers.  Hold your memories of Annie close to your heart.  She'll feel comfort there.

And, no worries, Sweet Schmoo is playing the roll of Mr. Host so Annie is being well taken care of & loved by all of her furbaby friends.

I hope you feel comfort knowing this.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  After completing another battlefield tour, I lathered the biofreeze gel on all my aching parts--so much so that even though it is a "vanishing scent," Frankie and Fay Wray wanted nothing to do with me for an hour!

Once my offensive odor dissipated, they decided they could tolerate me, and instead of working on the Schmoo tome and my web site, I found myself pinned in the recliner by Fay Wray while her sister snoozed on top of the back of the couch.

Schmoo didn't tolerate foreign smells either.  The only thing I could shower in was Philosophy Amazing Grace or Pure Grace.  And he knew when they changed the scent--he gave me a scowl with a wrinkled-nose meow.  A one-cat QVC focus group:

Schmoo birthday mommy.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I am glad you are starting to get back into your groove of historical touring again, but sorry you need to use topical meds that your girls don't like!  I use a well-known OTC topical on my knees from time to time, but my dog, Johnny, doesn't seem to care.  On the other hand, he's a total goober-hound, so he doesn't care that I "smell like Walter".  Woman Wink  I continue to keep Fay Wray, Frankie, your DH and all my Schmoo-family friends in my prayers every day, hugs to everyone!