Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@grandkidsrgreat , 

I am thinking of you, and hope you are okay. Come back when you are ready. 

1. not_curtain_call_cat.jpg
Honored Contributor

7c7fa91add49d2a7226deeb2cda2f592.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  This day that Schmoo died six years ago, the weather was identical to today:  humid, ominous clouds, then an afternoon of thunderous storms and tornado warnings.

Just as the weather is the same then and now, my love for hiim remains the same, then and now.  I was and will always be privileged to be Schmoo's Mom, to share my life with him for a seven years that had enough life packed into it to be 100...and every moment joyous because he was here.

He was so many things to so many people here and in our "real" lives:  a sheriff of prairie justice, an engineer extraordinaire of booby trapped kibble bowls, an inhaler of the finest catnip, an editor of all that I wrote, a constipated kitty who needed special tunes to get the pipes a' movin', a mighty inspector of birds in his front 40,  connoisseur of the juiciest cat food that money could buy, and a soccer champion of ping pong balls, an architect of Christmas tree decoration, a purveyor of cotton flannel blankies, the coolest cat in the world to his vet (then and still)...and so much more.

To me, he was at once my tough kitty fighter and my tender-hearted boy.

Schmoo, I'll love you higher than the sky and higher, always and always:

Schmoo favorite part 1.jpg

Schmoo favorite part 2.jpg

Schmoo attack.jpg

Schmoo all business 2.jpg

Schmoo Christmas 2011 2.jpgSchmoo office sunlight 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Beautiful words....what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Sammycat I just adore all the pictures of Mr Schmoo.I love that he  loved the Christmas tree as I am CHristmas crazy.The anniversaries are very hard not that the other days we don't still miss our loved ones.Mr Schmoo was far more then an ordinary cat. Look at what he did,he made all of us fall madly in love with him and become a family.Thats pretty special.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I knwo that both Grand and I are nursing terribly broken hearts.The loss of Shy Annie is just as painful as losing my Mom.

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to everyone

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

5C034B1E-CE34-4701-82C1-4FC996F9C204.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beauty junkie wrote:

Sammycat I just adore all the pictures of Mr Schmoo.I love that he  loved the Christmas tree as I am CHristmas crazy.The anniversaries are very hard not that the other days we don't still miss our loved ones.Mr Schmoo was far more then an ordinary cat. Look at what he did,he made all of us fall madly in love with him and become a family.Thats pretty special.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I knwo that both Grand and I are nursing terribly broken hearts.The loss of Shy Annie is just as painful as losing my Mom.

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to everyone

@beauty junkie , 

I love your words here. They are beautiful, and straight from your heart. 

Happy Easter and Happy Passover.

Contributor

Although I found this family after Schmoo made it over the bridge, I feel like I was here all along the path. I know him from Sammycat1’s beautiful tributes and her small taste of Schmoo’s book and I must say — I love him. 

Now or I get to share in Frankie and Fay Wray’s wonderful life, however long they maybe, made possible by Sammycat1 and her DH. 

Thank you you for sharing them all with us 

prayers for all this blessed Easter season

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

We all love the pics of your Sweet Mr. Schmoo.

Like you & others here, I'm so grateful for all the memories we have of our past & present furbabies.  I'll never forget any of them.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newtoallthis wrote:

5C034B1E-CE34-4701-82C1-4FC996F9C204.jpeg

@newtoallthis , this is so true. I will think about, grieve for, and miss my Sugarbears until I am reunited with them. Cat Happy