Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Well, not that it's "good" news, but it's far from the worst news a cat's doctor can deliver!  And as you so rightly point out, Sammycat, this is a problem you've dealt with and understand, not some terrible cancer in her abdomen from out of the blue.  I am continuing to say prayers for sweet Fay Wray and for all our ill friends anf furry family members every day.

Honored Contributor

Fay Wray deep dish nap.jpg

Sweet Precious Girl...

Sending you more special prayers

and positive energy and more

comfort hugs to you,your Mommy,

your Daddy,and your sister Frankie.

(((((FAY WRAY,SAMMYCAT,DH,& FRANKIE)))))

Sending out more special healing

prayers and positive energy to

all of my Schmoo sisters,or to

the members of their families,or to

their beloved furbabies who are

in need.

Wishing everyone a very pleasant

and peaceful day.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Tomorrow is one of my most difficult days of the year. You'd think by now, six years later, I'd be over it.  But the truth is, I'll never be over it. And I don't know that I've learned to live with it very well, either.

Friday, April 19, is the day my beloved Schmoo died.

Even though I know he's in a better place, illness-free, it does not help. What I do know is I'll see him again one day--and oh, what a day that will be. 

This year I'm particularly sad. Because of my degenerative health problems over the last 18 months, my progress on the book about his astonishing life slowed to a crawl.  I'm only now rebuilding the pace I'd established before--but I have unshakeable faith in one thing: I will complete his story and it will be read--not just by his dedicated fans here from across the country, but so many more.

We love Frankie and Fay Wray and continue to battle for their health and survival, but as you all know, there's one pet in a lifetime that stands above the rest. That's my Schmooey. 

He taught me so much about life and myself.  I was strong before, but became stronger because of him. I was resilient before, but I can bounce back from setback more now. I can take more pain, show more love, battle more adversity, exhibit more patience, laugh loudly more often, tolerate more differences, live more in the moment (a work in progress!), demonstrate more courage and think on my feet faster than fast -- in other words, live out loud, all because of a stinker of a champagne lion who led the way.

And even though we lost him six years ago tomorrow, we still had him for part of that day.  I could say as I did every day he survived heart failure, "we are grateful he was with us another day!"

I also wrote words similar to these .... "He came to us an old, abandoned, abused cat in April, and he left us years later in April, too...but as the beloved King of Cats."

And he was royalty. In every way it means to be regal:

Schmoo cool.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Sweet Sammy, I know your pain is still raw, I understand that pain very well.  But the Precious One had such a strong purpose in his life's journey.  He taught you so much that changed your daily life, he made not only you a stronger person, but you have helped make us stronger, a group of total strangers to one another, that have bonded in friendship and prayer on a daily basis.  He helped me teach young children in a Bible Study about love and compassion and Friendship.  I was a little bit braver as I said Goodbye to my Precious Jake as his journey ended.  The Precious one is not with us in body, but his lessons have been felt far and wide and we thank you my Friend for keeping this soft place for us to land...Friends Forever and Always.  Take some time and try to smile as you remember all the Good Times your Precious Schmoo Bear brought you and your DH.  Hugs and Comforting thoughts to both of you today, tomorrow and Always.  A candle will be glowing at my house in honor of our Champagne colored Kitty, We love you always.

Honored Contributor

Schmoo cool.jpg

(((((HeartSAMMYCAT & HER BELOVED SCHMOOHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dearest @Sammycat1 , 

I do understand. 

Mr. Schmoo left a lasting legacy to many of us here. His determination, and spirit will live on forever. 

When I think about his booby traps, prairie justice, him racing up the stairs when he first arrived home. Well, his paw prints are on my heart as well. 

Mr. Schmoo, you will always remain our strong kitty fighter. Cat Happy

We love you higher, and higher than the sky. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

i have held you close in prayer today and it really doesn’t get any easier. 

Grief is never ending and as they say it’s the price you pay for love. Where there is great grief there was great love. I don’t remember who said that but oh how true. 

Bless you...💔

Trusted Contributor

Dear @Sammycat1 

WOW!  

That is a tribute of ALL tributes! 

Your Schmooey says "thank you" for all the love you shared with him & still do.  Not a day goes by that Sweet Mr. Schmoo isn't looking down upon you & DH with love in his heart for you.  He's hoping by knowing this, it will help you feel better & happier again.

He's thrilled that you're carrying on as The Kitty Rescuers with Schmoo's sisters, Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie.  He loves them both also.

When it's meant to be, you'll all be together again.  

Mr. Schmoo, we all honor you Heart

Honored Contributor

Mr. Schmoo, 

We honor you today. The champagne kitty fighter. Heart 

original-8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

14d248d62d08c5d14d408a9dd9f363c4.jpg