Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 

@beauty junkie 

@grandkidsrgreat 

@Tissyanne 

If I missed anyone else, I'm sorry.

To all of you who are currently going thru sad & tough times, my prayers are with you all.  The loss of relatives & furbabies touches our hearts & souls & will be with us always.  Through all the sadness, our family members (including furbabies) are now in a better place, being welcomed in Heaven & at The Bridge .. surrounded by love & now are happy again.

@tissyanne,  I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better.  I've been thinking of you & hoping for better days ahead.  You have a very kind soul.

@Sammycat1 

Thank you for saving & finding a home for Buttons (I hope it happended for good.)

The world & these boards are much better for the very kind & compassionate people here.  Angel wings .....

Honored Contributor

@beauty junkie , 

I want to send my deepest condolences to you. I am saddened for your loss. Your Mom is now at complete peace, and I know that is a comfort for you. 

I am very glad that you have been able to come here, and let us know how you are doing. I will continue to remember you in my prayers, and I thank you for your words of comfort to me. 

Honored Contributor

@beauty junkie 

I’m so sorry to hear that your mother passed away.  It doesn’t matter how old we are, we still feel a loss like no other when a parent passes.  You’re very strong to be grateful she passed peacefully.

My condolences to you and your family.

❤️🕊🙏

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  First some news:  the folks who allowed us to "bunk" Button overnight in their utility room adopted her.  Within 24 hours, we were able to secure Button, get her overnight shelter, get her medical treatment, get her owner's brother to transfer her records from her prior animal hospital to ours--where her new owners will be going, get her adopted and help the new owners get her set up for her first day.

While her original owner misses her, he and his family are beyond grateful that she has a new home and, at 16, made it through her outdoor odyssey unscathed except for the weight loss (2 lbs in 10 days).

In the meantime, Fay Wray tanked--she will need an ultrasound Tuesday. In the Schmoo family, we also had the losses of GrandKidsRGreat's ShyAnnie and Beauty Junkie's mother.  

Still, all of this reminded me of something Gen. Colin Powell once said:  "The ties that bind us are stronger than the occasional stresses that separate us."

Love of animals, family, friends and one another on this forum are those strong ties that bind us here.  It's true we've had our share of stress and loss here ... but we've also had good belly laughs, triumphs of the cat and human spirit, fun photos, shared stories and, through it all, what Tissyanne calls "our soft place to fall."

All from a gentleman kitty with a broken heart but a soaring spirit who, not that long ago, rallied so many from across the country. Remember the soaring; it means even from the lowest of lows, we can only look up:

Schmoo football watching.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

Oh how I enjoyed reading your beautifully written heartfelt words just now. Touched me deeply. 

Our Schmoo family are the ties that bind. It will always be my soft place to fall for certain. 

The champagne kitty taught us all to keep looking up, living in the moment. One day at a time. 

Cat Happy 

Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

No accident that Buttons came to your home. The events that followed are nothing shy of miraculous for sure. 

What are the chances that this all fell in place with the efforts by you, and Mr. Sammycat. You two are amazing. Truly. 

Talk about a miracle. Right here. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo football watching.jpg

Monday Morning Greetings

@Sammycat1 

That's such wonderful mews about

Button! As I stated in a previous post

I truly believe that Schmoo and Sophie

sent her to you and DH to save her life

and find her the loving forever home

that she deserved to have.

Sending out tons of special prayers

and positive energy to Fay Wray and

to all of the other precious furbabies

who are in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and all of

my Schmoo sisters a very pleasant,

peaceful and blessed day and that it

marks the beginning of a very pleasant,

peaceful and blessed week.

(((((HeartSCHMOO HUGSHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

Sammycat, I am so happy that Button found a forever home.  Thank you for helping her find it.  God put her in your path to help her.  

Beauty Junkie, I an so very sorry for the loss of your mom.  May God bring you peace and comfort during this time of grief.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Trusted Contributor

BJ- My sweet dear Friend.  I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I know your heart is breaking as your Dear Mom makes her way  to her final home in Heaven.  I like to think of the homecoming our families have when the next one is joined in Heaven.  I know your Mom had a joyous reunion.  But it doesnt deminish the pain we feel as we are left missing them on Earth.  I pray for you always and hope you find peace and comfort in your loving memories..Hugs Dear Friend.

Trusted Contributor

Dear GrandkidsRgreat, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet ShyAnnie.  She was loved in such a special way that only you could give her.  I pray in time your heart will mend.  You made life so special for your very special girl.. Hugs to you.