Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@KitTkat wrote:

@rustysmom  I saw your heartbreaking post and I wanted to extend my sympathies here as well since you belong to the Schmoo family. I am praying for you, please know that we all are here for you. May God's comforting arms wrap around you. Love and prayers and hugs.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Thank you for another update.  I've had you all in my thoughts & prayers everyday & continue to be optimistic for Sweet Fay Wray's healing.  Seriously, with all of your posts, I've not known of anyone with such love, dedication & comforting for your baby.  You & DH are some of the better people in this world - helping to save so many kitties.  Bless you both,

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   A tough day for Fay Wray, but she's still with us.

@butterfly123, our vet is consulting with a veterinary dentist to see if there's something like a "kitty" anbesol or biotene for moisture and/or pain relief applied directly to the tongue.  The problem is, kitties can't gargle like us...and you don't want to anesthetize their throats by swallowing an anbesol type product.  The only thing to make her tongue ulcer better is to make her kidneys better.  She's deep in kidney failure, so we're just trying to keep her comfortable.  A true kitty hospice situation.

@rustysmomI replied directly to your thread about Jasmine. She has a great cat mom, and say "has" purposely; you are her cat mom forever and you will see one another again.

@ScenicMaine, you eternal optimist you. I'm more a realist, I guess, so I know Fay Wray's condition cannot be completely reversed. We're truly just making her comfortable as long as it makes sense for her.  And that's OK, too; it's not the outcome we want but we're ordinary people who are happy to give our girl the love and care she needs in a tough situation.

@KitTkatThanks for alerting me to the loss of Jasmine.  I have too much tunnel vision right now on Fay Wray and it helped me to console another of our friends.

@cbriteDo you make bubble baths available for humans too?  Fay Wray might be allow to squeeze in with her.

@newtoallthisI think we need an ongoing official "Tessa and Tripp" report.

@Tissyannethank you for being the positive glue in this bunch. We need to stick together in all of our positive and not-so-positive times--like Fay Wray and Frankie, together forever:

Dining together.jpg

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Fay Wray closeup.jpg

Precious Girl...

Sending you more special love filled

prayers and positive energy and more

comfort hugs to you,your Mommy,

your Daddy and your sister Frankie.

(((((FAY WRAY,SAMMYCAT,DH & FRANKIE)))))

Sending out more special healing prayers

and positive energy to Sammycat,beauty,

and to all of my other Schmoo sisters,or

to the members of your families or to your

beloved furbabies who are also in need.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@rustysmom wrote:

@KitTkat wrote:

@rustysmom  I saw your heartbreaking post and I wanted to extend my sympathies here as well since you belong to the Schmoo family. I am praying for you, please know that we all are here for you. May God's comforting arms wrap around you. Love and prayers and hugs.

Thank you.

Me too @rustysmom 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday report:  Low point. I've been giving my kitties in need subq fluids for decades, but tonight I nicked a blood vessel by accident. 

W e'd just had a nice shampoo with grooming wipes, a brushing, a mani/pedi, and some good quality time. It was time for her subq fluids. We gave them and when I pulled the needle out, there was blood.

She's ok, but it made me sick to my stomach that I hurt her. She has enough wrong with her, she doesn't need a cat mom like me tonight.Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Your girls always need a cat mom like you. Our babies know when we don't intentionally hurt them. Fay Wray still beams with love for you. Keep going strong, and if you feel weak, know that there's a Schmoo warrior lifting you up.

Valued Contributor

Sammycat don't beat yourself up. You are the best cat mom I know. You give so much love and caring to these babies. They couldn't ask for anyone better. Mistakes happen. It all is well and she still loves and trusts you. Rest assured you are a great cat mom and always will be.
Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat  and @rustysmom 

Thank you. I needed to see your kind words through my tears tonight.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  Hey! Don't doubt that You are the best kitty mom ever!   Don't worry about the needle drawing blood when you gave Fay her much needed fluids.  It's starteling and it  hits you right in the heart to think that you might have done some harm when you see it, But You DIDDN'T.  The needle just went through a tiny bloodvessle in the skin like everyone has.  The little bit of blood was mixed with some of the fluids so it looked like more than there actually was.  It happen's sometimes.  I gave my first kitty fluids under the skin for years and rarely there were times when there was blood afterwards.  Yes, sure you feel bad about it but You did not hurt  dear little Fay Wray!

Sending you encouraging hugs in your efforts to keep her comfy and happy and loved.