Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1

I’m so sorry things have progressed to this point.  She’s a fighter, as are you, your DH, and her miracle worker vet.  @KitTkat said it much better than I can.  One of my boys is not doing well right now, so much of what you write strikes close to home.

You all are in my prayers.  I do hope for your sake that Fay Wray can pull through this, but if it is her time to meet the famous Schmoo, I know that she will be welcomed with open paws.  

🙏🕊❤️

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Fay Wray held her own overnight. Unfortunately her tongue ulcer is bothering her again, but we have medicine for that. It means we need to increase our efforts to get phosphorus binder and moisture via her food into her--this supports the kidneys and thus calms the ulcer. We haven't found the perfect balance yet, but we're working it.

On the positives, she's with us in the open, eating better and more frequently; she's drinking water well; and urinating again as she should be; her congestion is easing. Her body condition could stand some improvement. Yet she's sleeping more comfortably.

This morning she had a good nebulizer treatment while listening to the Carpenters. For some reason, she calms during this if I sing along. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

👏  She is one tough lady!  And you are, too.  ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday early evening report:  She's having more discomfort with her tongue ulcer tonight so we had to get out the pain medicine.

I posted a few photos of her snoozing in great comfort plus a close-up on Libby's prayer thread.  In case you haven't gone there, I wanted to show them to you here.  As I told on Libby's thread, I'm trying to burn Fay Wray's features into my memory, staring at them--and her--for long, long minutes.  But what I really see, and all that's really important, is love:

Fay Wray Feb 10 closeup.jpgFay Wray Feb 10 deep dish.jpgFay Wray Feb 10 upside down snooze.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 I'm here praying, and then I had to kiss that sweet face.

I see she has a knick/scar on the tip of her ear. Several of my babies wear an ear scar beautifully too.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 and to all the other people here - It's been a very long time since I've been on these boards. I'm so sorry to see your baby is ill. Unfortunately, during my absence I lost my dear mother very suddenly and then a week before Thanksgiving I lost my precious Snuggles. I am damaged and broken, but hope with all my heart that your girl pulls through. I'm praying for her. 

Trusted Contributor

Sammy,  Your Beautiful girl looks so peaceful.  I know she feels so much peace knowing the love  that is being showered on her every second, minute, and hour of each day.  She is full of your love.  Our circle of prayer holds your family very, very close, every second, minute and hour of each day as well.  Hugs dear Friend.

Honored Contributor

Sammycat, I echo Shop's words this morning.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Sweet Tissy, Hug Dear Friend...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  Good morning, Schmoo family, and thank you for your stories, your thoughts, your prayers and your love. @nycgrl, I feel your pain as I lost my Mom suddenly before Thanksgiving and now this illness with our girl. Welcome back--we miss you.

Our girl Fay Wray is still with us.  In fact, she suddenly returned to eating her kibble last night and this morning--what the heck with that painful ulcer on her tongue!  She has a gentle snow falling and it's cozy here in our home office.  DH is working from home today so there's all sorts of activity to monitor while she sleeps.

Frankie is beside herself and her head tremors have subtly returned (a sign of her liver getting wonky due to stress).  She knows her buddy is very sick and it breaks our hearts to see the effect on her.

And yet there are bright spots.  DH brought me some diet peach Snapple on ice, and Fay Wray decided, "Yes, please" and stuck her head down into the cup to get a few laps in.  It got her toes a tappin' and she then switched to water and had a satisfying drink. (She used to try to stick her head into DH's grape juice, so this is a return of normal behavior for her.)

We're afraid what the vet will say when he sees her tomorrow evening. We know we're losing her, but we hope we have a little more time--but only if she's comfortable.

I thought you'd enjoy one of my treasured possessions... a literary cat snow globe DH bought for me.  A good gift for a writer with cat editors.

Note who the supervisor sitting atop all the classic books looks like:

Fay Wray snow globe.jpg

Fay Wray sun patch.JPG