Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Prayers for comfort and peace. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1

My heart is right there with you. Praying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Afternoon report:  One of Fay Wray's kidney values (phosphorus) went up and her nasal and lung congestion is very bad. They think the latter is the problem in her lethargy right now, so we brought her and the nebulizer home to open those airways.

Some of you may recall that Fay Wray had 2 collapsed lung lobes; one reinflated with treatment.  The vet on duty thought it worth it to do the nebulizer twice a day, and to keep working the fluids and phosphorus binders in her food.

It may be that she's absolutely exhausted from being in the hospital, so we're giving her space to rest.

But things still look very grim. Her most excellent vet is in tomorrow and Sunday and wants us to phone him with a progress report.

Thank you for your spirited prayers. Believe me, we can feel your love.

Valued Contributor

I was almost afraid to read your post but so glad that she is still hanging in there.  Hopefully what the Vet suggested will  help.  Continued prayers.

Honored Contributor

Fay Wray on meds sized.jpg

@Sammycat1

Just got home from work and

before I even fed my four kitties

I stopped by here to see/read

your update on your beloved girl.

Dear Precious Fay Wray

You have that same fighting spirit

same as your Angel Brother had.

Sending you even more special

healing prayers,positive energy

and love filled comfort hugs.

(((((HeartFAY WRAYHeart)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Continuing prayers for this brave girl and her brave mom and dad. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1

Thank God she's still hanging in there! Everything now that I'm about to say is difficult, as my grief is still ongoing, and words that come easy when your heart isn't heavy, just aren't readily there. @Sammycat1, I know exactly what you're going through. Every time you turn your eyes on Fay Wray, your heart gets squeezed, grateful that she's with you, yet scared of the unknown, and even though there's an intensity of pain with those looks, you don't want to turn your eyes away. The what will happen tomorrow scenarios roll through your mind, the not knowing is really frightening. That is just a small part that comes from your point of view. Fay Wray's viewpoint is quite different than all of ours. She sees the love, the faith, the devotion that her cat parents have. Even though she knows she's ill, her spirit, her heart, her entire being has the peace that we all need. She will not give up. Even when it is time for her to take the journey Beyond, it is not her giving up the fight, it's her starting a new beginning. Whenever that day comes, she will know your love eternally, just as you will know hers forever. Until then, no sickness, no disease, absolutely nothing will separate you and Fay Wray and the love that you give her. My last memory of Hanna was her looking up at me with her beautiful eyes and I will never forget the love that I saw. The tears flow now, but someday I know I'll look into those eyes again without any tears, but heavenly joy. Keep looking into Fay Wray's eyes, the love you see will give you everything you need.

God bless and know you are held close to my heart.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday a.m. report:  We saw more flashes of our girl into the evening last night. However, we're under no illusions. We're just trying to keep her comfortable and level. This morning, she's not that great. I phoned in a report to her vet as he requested, so we'll wait to see what he says.

@KitTkat, thank you for such a thoughtful, moving post--spoken by one who has deeply loved and lost.  It took a great deal of emotional stamina and willingness to lay bare your grief. You wrote truth, for which I am grateful.

Intellectually, I know you're right. But right now, my heart is ruling my head. All I can see in my mind's eye is Fay Wray's plaintive emerald eyes fixed on mine at the shelter, pleading for DH and I to bring her and Frankie home with us. And I still glance across the living room and hear her cries those first nights, inconsolable until DH picked her up and cradled her to sleep on his chest. And I can watch her joy when we played their cat DVD on TV --on continuous loop, naturally. And I see her side by side with Frankie, the two of them surviving unspeakable conditions until we scooped them up.

My heart is shattered at knowing our time with her is short; it's raging inside at the hoarders who destroyed her health and deprived her of a graceful, content old age;  it's aching over watching Frankie's bewilderment and loneliness over her friend's dying; it's crying without let-up over all the hugs I should have given, the treats I should have bestowed, and the quiet moments snuggling in my recliner I should have, could have, made extra time for and can never catch up.

More than anything, my heart aches for a beloved husband doing everything to hold on to his baby girl yet knowing she will leave us.

We knew Frankie's and Fay  Wray's health would be rocky--the vet didn't think they'd survive a month--and yet here they are these 3 years going on 4 with us. But it will never be enough, never.

Honored Contributor

Fay Wray cat tree resized.jpg

Beautiful Precious Girl...

I just read your Mommy's latest

update and once again was brought

to tears.

You are loved and cherished by

so many...not just by your Mommy

and your Daddy but by all of your

Honorary Mommies who post on this

adored thread.

Sending you tons more very special

prayers,tons more positive energy and

tons more love filled comfort hugs.

(((((HeartFAY WRAYHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Contributor

KitTkat’s words brought me to tears as well as Sammycat1’s. To know the love of a fur baby is like no other love. My heart aches for not only Sammycat1 and her DH, but Frankie as well since his BFF, saved by two of the best pet parents who would do anything and everything for the girls, is going to be leaving her. Prayers go up for Fay Wray - sweet girl she is. One can only hope the joy of her being given a great life, albeit to short of time for any of us, has brought us joy as well seeing her happy, cared for, and above all else - loved higher and higher