I liked Star Trek but I totally

loved (and still love) Star Wars!!!

In regards to your post of last Sunday

I thought that it was written from your

beautiful heart and that there was nothing

offensive in it.I know that your words

meant a lot to Tissyanne and brought

our dear friend much comfort.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS (on kitteh sitting duty!)

and all of my wonderful Schmoo sisters

a very peaceful remainder of the week-end.

(((((GROUP HUG)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hi Dear Friends, Sammy, your words were beautiful, Thank you my friend.  I hope you have a wonderful time and get to visit with the Captain. Safe travels.

I hope everyone has the best week possible..Hugs to each of you dear friends.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Greetings to all Schmoosters -- I hope you and your loved ones are doing as well as possible!

I thought you'd get a kick out of the report on the William Shatner weekend event DH and I traveled to this past weekend.  It was beyond my physical capabilites right now but we did it anyway...a 10-hour drive one way to the event, but I was driven to meet Captain Kirk himself so I hunkered down to do it.

We went to an authentic, spot-on recreation of the set of the original Star Trek show back in the 1960s. It was amazing. I got my photo with Mr. Shatner and had the opportunity to talk with him a bit -- and he is just amazing!  (Can I mention we linked arms?  Ooo la la). Gracious, a gentleman, still very strong at 87 (I'll tell you why when DH gets my photo scanned in for a future report).

I asked him at one point, "How do you do it? Your schedule -- it's punishing!" (Just for this event alone, he dealt with national media, toured the set, did special small programs, had 160 photos taken, signed thousands of autographs and gave a 1-hour talk -- in little more than 36 hours. Then he left by car for a 4-hour car trip to deliver a commencement address in Rhode Island).

And he looked back at me, smiles sparkled in those Shatner eyes, and he said, "Sheer will." It was then I realized that if he were a cat, he most certainly would be .... Schmoo!  Both of them keep/kept moving forward, joyful of the time they had/have and living in the moment:

Schmoo attacking.jpg

Contributor

Sammycat1 - did you come to my fair city Rochester NY to meet Mr. Schatner?  Seems to me he was here recently.........

I’ve been catching up regularly but haven’t been posting. Seems we are all struggling with illnesses affecting our dear loved ones and oh how difficult it is. My Momma has been struggling the past year, although not as much as some here, but it breaks my heart just the same. Know I pray for healing and rest for all of us. 

Thank goodness we we have each other to lean on and the warrior we all know as our Schmoo to lead our way

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1, I am glad you and Mr Sammycat had an enjoyable time on your trip. I hope to travel some day in the future

Our weather is hovering around 100 this week. Still dry as a bone. This is rhe driest we have been in years. 

I spent yesterday with my Mom, When I got tnere I thought her journey here was ending, but she did rally around, My brother is due to arrive sometime today. 

Trusted Contributor

Tissy, My Friend I was so hopeful your Mom would rally and find some better days. I pray she peaceful and painfree.  My continued prayers for your Blessed Mom, Yourself and your family...Sending you a Hug..

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop, My Mom told me today she had not been able to be up. My brother is here, and he had gone to get a pizza. I encouraged her to try and eat. That always makes her feel better. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I continue to lift your Mom, and you along with your boys up in prayer. 

Mothers day weekend. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@beastielove

I just wanted to let you know that I have been seeing your constant words of comfort, and kindness to me. You are so very special. I thank you. Heart

Cookie-Monster-D-quotes-33158533-500-297.png

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@beastielove

I just wanted to let you know that I have been seeing your constant words of comfort, and kindness to me. You are so very special. I thank you. Heart

Cookie-Monster-D-quotes-33158533-500-297.png

My cherished friend...

You are so very special to me as well.

I continue to be with you and your mom

and with Shop and her mom in loving spirit.

(((((HeartTISSYANNEHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. I wanted to wish all of you a Happy Mothers Day.I know its a rough day for many.Tissyanne I have been reading your posts and have cried. I wish I knew what to say but I do pray for you and your Mom ever single day.Shop always prayig for you and your Mom too and the boys.

Sammycat I'm so glad you and your DH had a good trip,sounded like it was exciting and lookign forward to pictures.

I ended up pretty sick from taking Nsaids for my neck&back,ulcers flared terribly.I did have 2 shots but hey also seemd to have an advers effect on me this time so now I'm on nothign for pain. 

Hope eveyrone can have a nice day today.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!